Is this the place for me to ask about Rzr 170s?

Fatstastic

Mar 10, 2020
I tried using the search feature, but "170" and "rzr 170" are too short/common for the search to work. :(

I'm thinking about buying one, looking at used because the kids won't stay small enough for it long. That being said, they're all tiny like their mom and will ride it longer than most corn-fed kids. :p This would be for a couple of the kiddos to follow me on forest roads/trails on overlanding trips, as much as 50-100 miles/day. The most technical would be a short, steep hill or a ~ 7" water crossing. I'd add *some* storage on the 170. Nothing too big, maybe just enough for their sleeping bags and a small gas can.

My big question is carb vs. EFI: These trips would range from 4000ft to 11,000 feet at least once per day, and 12,000ft isn't out of the question. How well do the carbed versions run with such a range of altitudes? Secondarily... what year did they introduce EFI?

Other than the usual signs of maintenance/care or neglect, is there anything in particular to watch out for on used 170s?

BryanCarr913

Mar 18, 2020
I tried using the search feature, but "170" and "rzr 170" are too short/common for the search to work. :(

I'm thinking about buying one, looking at used because the kids won't stay small enough for it long. That being said, they're all tiny like their mom and will ride it longer than most corn-fed kids. :p This would be for a couple of the kiddos to follow me on forest roads/trails on overlanding trips, as much as 50-100 miles/day. The most technical would be a short, steep hill or a ~ 7" water crossing. I'd add *some* storage on the 170. Nothing too big, maybe just enough for their sleeping bags and a small gas can.

My big question is carb vs. EFI: These trips would range from 4000ft to 11,000 feet at least once per day, and 12,000ft isn't out of the question. How well do the carbed versions run with such a range of altitudes? Secondarily... what year did they introduce EFI?

Other than the usual signs of maintenance/care or neglect, is there anything in particular to watch out for on used 170s?
THE FUEL INJECTECTED MODEL IS THE BEST ALL AROUND ONE TO BUY. 2014 IS THE FIRST YEAR I BELIEVE. LMK IF YOU HAVE ANY OTHER QUESTIONS
THANKS
BRYAN CARR
CARR ONE

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000