Jake the Can Am guy

hardcharger81

Nov 30, 2014
Elk Grove CA
I've been reading UTV forums for a couple months since I bought my Maverick. But now that I'm laid up with a broken leg, I figured I might as well get involved.

I live in the Sacramento area. I also have a small shop where I primarily work on Ag and construction equipment, and fabricate as well.

I'm an avid off road racing fan. I've built a couple Baja Bugs, and helped with other builds for different motorsports.

At some point I'd like to get set up and race in VORRA.

BrianReno

Aug 19, 2012
Reno, NV
Awesome, I'm over the hill in Reno. I have been deeply involved in the race side with the Murray team. Let me know when you plan to start running VORRA. I was planning to run this year but it just wasn't in the cards, maybe 2015...

hardcharger81

Nov 30, 2014
Elk Grove CA
My plan was to be ready for a couple VORRA races this upcoming season. But since I've broke my leg, I'll probably just have to spectate this year.

I also help out once in a while on Rod Hall's team when he races in Nevada and I can get the time off.

hardcharger81

Nov 30, 2014
Elk Grove CA
Thanks for the welcome everyone.

As soon as my leg heals, I'll be looking for some new UTV friends to show me some trails around the Sacramento area.

Prairie City is fun for hanging out, shock tuning and showing up guys in Toyota rockcrawlers, but it's definitely getting old.:)

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
My plan was to be ready for a couple VORRA races this upcoming season. But since I've broke my leg, I'll probably just have to spectate this year.

I also help out once in a while on Rod Hall's team when he races in Nevada and I can get the time off.
Rod Hall is solid. The man just keeps going. Is Jim Fricker no longer with us? I haven't seen his name on the car since the old Dodge class 3 days. Even though he (Rod) was in a different class, him and Walker had the epic duels while racing in the desert arena, but he just couldn't hang with Walker on Thompson's ridge. Nobody could.

hardcharger81

Nov 30, 2014
Elk Grove CA
Rod Hall, Walker Evans, Ivan Stewart....

They were all guys my dad raced with back in his Baja days.

I first met Mr. Hall and Mr. Evans at SEMA about 4 years ago. Both of them were incredible to talk to. I think we spoke for a solid hour. I also think I was overcome with hero worship and they were impressed that someone my age actually knew who they were.

Anyway, a few months later I ran into Rod at a Lucas Oil short course race, and he instantly recognized me and struck up a conversation. I mean, I'm a no body that works on farm equipment, and he actually stopped me and invited me to his tent.

So after hanging with Rod part of the day, and him telling me what sissy's we all are with our Parker Pumpers and suspension seats, we exchanged info. So when they race the H3 in the VORRA races in Nevada, I come out and help with whatever I can in exchange for a T shirt, a BBQ'd hot dog and soda.

He really is an awesome guy. And the rest of his actual crew are really top notch guys and Shelby :D

Walker's Ramcharger prerunner was for sale 2 or 3 years ago at the LeDuc Swap Meet. $30k, but super trick. Not only am I a Can Am fan, but I'm a huge Dodge/Mopar geek as well.

Brian B

Red Rotax - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
What are you wearing, "Jake the Can Am guy"?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000