John Berry Ashes - Love you John ;-)

Cisco Kid

Puro Corazon - UTVUnderground La Famila
Apr 17, 2009
Posted by: Bill Gebhart.
I talk to Becky Berry earler this morning. she ask if I or upsbob would come to pickup a few of john ashes an place them round the area we ride. talk to Bob he lives closer, he will pick them up. saturday the second. when were all together, we can decide were an when.

Post by Cisco Kid
Bill,

Vicky and I think we need to have a special Ride just for this and we can make a Annual Memorial Ride with T-shirts and pic's of him rideing with us,

I love to keep him with us for the rest of my life ;-)

Post by: Bill Gebhart.
cisco, just got off the phone with becky. bob pickup some of johns ashes yesterday.so whenever we want to schedule a ride .I told her what your were thinking she love the idea. she also would like to attend but will not be back in town till after the third.an if we want to do this please $$$ let me know

OK -La Familia need to help set up this Ride - we can do the plaque too.

Need input:
Date = We can do this next year and call it the 1st Annual John Berry Memorial Ride
We can have T-shirts made with his pic
Ride the Littel Rubicon

Please add your input ;-)

Last edited:

brevndeb

Your Mom
May 5, 2010
Beaumont CA-B-Town
Cool Cisco this sounds like a good idea, MY dad is going to get the plaque done by a client who owns a machine shop and he has a great idea about the plague. I would like to locate the plaque some where on the little Rubicon trail. And when we do this ride does not matter to me as long as its not in the next 4 weeks due to the baby and the due date because I would like to do this ride. I love the T-Shirt Idea. Onerich has also sent me some RIP stickers that I need to get to some folks.

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
Did John have a favorite holiday? Maybe we can theme it from his likes. Becky or Bill might be able to help...

grumpysrzr4

Godspeed John Berry - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Feb 22, 2011
Huntington Beach
hell ! John was one of the lucky ones, he own his company so he had all the free time in the world according to him. you say ride before you could finish your sentence, he was sitting in his truck, trailor loaded saying were.so there fore no special day. he hated being hot. becky is moving back east with her daugther some time in july.

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
I want to be able to do a memmorial ride too, so let me know if Easter is the ride....Thank you Also, please let me know if I can help contribute to the plaque....or something else......I got my sticker, which is cool. Thanks Rich!!

Transformer33

Da-Coach
Jan 30, 2011
I think the ashes should be placed at the spot of the rollover because every time people ride through that spot everybody will know those were his last breaths.I had 4 buddies die in a car accident prom night in high school and we still go back to that very spot to remember and pay our dues also in case his family wants to stop by the spot it will be accesible and not in the middle of a canyon just my 2 cents:)

ageekwithajeep

UTVUnderground La-Familia
Oct 13, 2010
Spokane Wa
i think tranny is right, but we shouldn't put all of his ashes there but we should put a bit of them. maybe 50/50 there and on the rubicon?

ageekwithajeep

UTVUnderground La-Familia
Oct 13, 2010
Spokane Wa
I for one don't want to remember him where it happened, but where he was the happiest! I am not much for road side moralization of the accident over the person:) Just my 2 cents;) I is a persons life that counts not their death location! I want his memory to put a smile on peoples faces:)
you do have a point. But also what tranny said about going to the site. how is the family going to get up in the rubicon canyon to remember him i mean its going to be hard enough to get out the the desert then they gotta get way and the heck back in the canyon?

What im saying is we should do both. Some where he was most happy and some where it happened

Transformer33

Da-Coach
Jan 30, 2011
I for one don't want to remember him where it happened, but where he was the happiest! I am not much for road side moralization of the accident over the person:) Just my 2 cents;) I is a persons life that counts not their death location! I want his memory to put a smile on peoples faces:)
No matter where you put his ashes,plaque,stickers memories live in the heart.It was just my opinion I am for a road side mural but thats just me I am sure anywhere you guys put tha ashes will be great.Im sure John had a smile in the rubicon,miller canyon and anywhere else he went offroad I just thought it would be easier for family and friends to access where it happened.

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
Raul, I forgot to say "Thank You" also for the great stickers. Thanks Dudeonit for reminding me, hope to see you all out on the trails again

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
Here's a couple of other monmuents we've been to. Usually in hard to get to places overlooking the dez where they are less likely to be disturbed.

My .02 on this.

The place where the accident happened has a lot of traffic and I would be concerned about vandalism.

Little Rubicon is in a canyon that floods. What's the possibility of damage from water?

Perhaps a nice out of the way overlook somewhere would be cool ?

DUNE DUMMY 29

OG Sticker Man - UTVUnderground La Familia
Feb 28, 2009
EL CENTRO
www.planetsidexside.com
I CAN'T DOWNLOAD MY PIX, BUT FUD AN OFFROAD PROMOTOR & MY FRIEND JAMES 'HOLLYWOOD" SAASTA HAVE A MONUMENT BESIDE EACH OTHER ON PESKY'S PERCH OVERLOOKING DESERT RACE TRACKS IN THE PLASTER CITY AREA. FUD'S ASHES WERE MIXED WITH THE CONCRETE FOUNDATION FOR THE MONUMENT. I BELIEVE A MONUMENT OVERLOOKING THE LITTLE RUBICON WOULD BE NICE. ACTUALLY I LIKE THE ARCH WHERE WE HAD LUNCH.

grumpysrzr4

Godspeed John Berry - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Feb 22, 2011
Huntington Beach
just got off phone with Becky Berry. she would like to do Johns ashes april 23, day before easter at the rubicon or on top of that moutian were we had taken abreak an was over looking the desert floor with mountian as a back drop.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000