kimbrell wins loors saturday elsinore

AZCourt

AZ's Finest - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 11, 2009
Austin Xmf first, Bobby Xmf second, Chad funco third. Damn near an Xmf top 3 but rj got turned before the finish. He was running second in front of Bobby.

family wagon

White Knuckled - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
Riverside
Damn that's sucks RJ had a miss happ, congrats to all ! Sounds like it was a good race I wish I could of been there to watch but had to work for a lil and take care of some chit ! O well

s2k1

Feb 27, 2009
Ramona, CA
www.benchmarkperformance.us
Actually, RJ led most of the race in his RZR, as well as qualified nearly a second faster than the #2 qualifier.
Unfortunately, RJ got spun and there wasn't enough time for him to make any positions back.

The top 7 were:

1. Austin Kimbrell
2. Bobby V
3. Chad George
4. Tyler Winbury
5. RJ Anderson
6. Roger "07FJ" Stokes
7. Jacob Persons

Roger was the top finishing Rhino in the field.
Tyler Winbury actually ran in 2nd for much of the race. Chad George had to come from the back as he didn't get to qualify due to engine issues. Tyler looked to have 3rd locked until Chad put on a charge in the last couple laps. Tyler challenged back but couldn't make it stick.
I hate to say it, but the track looked too big for the UTVs. IMO, they looked slower and less exciting than the buggies at this round. The top 5 was a good race, and were fairly tight.

The stands were pretty empty most of the time. There is quite a bit of down time between rounds as they do the trophy presentation and reprep the track. The crowd pretty much all moved to the pits or the "cooling zone" during rounds.
When I left the track at about 4:30, the temp was 103 degrees.

Good luck to all for Sunday's race!

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
SO who turned RJ? References made but no one is laying claim?

Anyway congrats to Austin and everyone else who raced, wish we coulda been there.....not really, its only 80* here in Montana hahahaha

Hope tomorrow goes well and everyone races fast, safe, & clean...

s2k1

Feb 27, 2009
Ramona, CA
www.benchmarkperformance.us
SO who turned RJ? References made but no one is laying claim?

Anyway congrats to Austin and everyone else who raced, wish we coulda been there.....not really, its only 80* here in Montana hahahaha

Hope tomorrow goes well and everyone races fast, safe, & clean...
It was either Bobby or Austin. Either way, I don't think it was intentional. From my view from the stands, I thought it was Austin. I talked to Bobby and he said he did it. I don't know, maybe the sun was getting to me, LOL. Like I said, I don't think it was intentional, but still a bummer for RJ.

It was good to be at the races again. :)

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
Thanks Chris, I agree, bummer for RJ and the worlds fastest RZR.

Link to over all results for Saturday.

CLICK HERE

Glad to see a 17 cars in the results, I hope it continues as its good for the sport.

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
COngrats Austin and all the top finishers. :D

It only shows 4 laps for me as I lost the transponder during the race somewhere:mad:

Rog

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
I wonder that also.....That whoop section loooked sick with the TK's ripping through.......might have changed up the order a bit as well.....although I feel Austin, Bobby, Chad, Tyler, etc....can drive no matter what it may give others a better chance....I still feel thatthey need to incorporate some MX style table tops and doubles in to make the UTV's a little more exciting and make it more of a drivers track. Until they do expect it to be a garage race for who can continue to make the most power. Either way its all good.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000