"La Famila"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
This whole deal sucks. Pride taking over logic and understanding. All of the posts from La Familia are great. I really do like Papa Bear. I think the world he knows is changing (Elections, BS Laws, Gun control, Unions, City's going BK) and UTVUG was his outlet to speak his mind. There is a wide range of people on this site. Everytime he had a chance to take a shot, expose a weakness or just be "Papa Bear" he did. It put alot of people off.

But I do have a video of Papa Bear having fun. In this video "Joey D" blue balled "Cisco".

https://vimeo.com/35144214

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
In all seriousness I think you handled it like a pro, it’s just some people question (all) authority, will never back down no matter how sideways the situation, and can never be wrong. It’s unfortunate but it’s a reality.

As for the members of LF I have a hunch this isn’t the first time they have seen something like this from PB before, they are all adults and can make their own decisions...I just hope for thier sake he cools down and doesnt draw a line in the sand with the LF members, that would be unfortunate.

Why are you on here anyway, aint you at a race in Vegas? Geez go have some (more) fun....

Beach Leo

Way-Good
Mar 6, 2011
Mt Shasta & Mt Diablo
Sorry to hear this.

We all have good in us.

JD Thanks for posting up why PB was temporally Banned.

This is the first time I have ever seen the owner of the Board

post up reason or reasons for banning a member.

I have been on PBs side of the fence as far as getting Banned a Time or Two.

Time is your and his friend on matters such as these.

I believe a lot that is said is in the Heat of the Moment and your

emotions are running high.

When I was banned in the past it was very good for me.

I am certain that it was good for the person that banned me as well.

We both learned a lot. I would happily ride with them any-day.

Nothing is easy No pain=No gain

I am hoping that this all will work out.

Time will tell.

Ali Baba

Sep 13, 2010
LF is a fun and friendly group of people. It's sad to see one guy be the voice for the whole community. I wonder their thoughts right now? It's gotta be very disappointing too them. I've met Dune Dummy, Cisco and Jim and Melissa. All of them were really great people. Joey, you have been more than gracious. If someone comes and takes a crap on my lawn I would expect them to come clean it up. PB did not. Wayne and Dave have appeared to make things right. I can respect that. Hopefully PB has a change of heart and return to this site to do some cleanup. I know myself and others would welcome him back.

66cummins

moab junkie
Dec 4, 2009
Well I am super bummed. According to Papa Bear he does in fact speak for all of LaFamilia. He is LaFamilia he claims and because he says so they will all be leaving. I have also been called a 14yr old by him, a liar and a sell out. He owns all of his posts an pictures here so I have to take them all down and delete them he says? lol

He now has resorted to calling sponsors like NCY and tell them that he has been banned. Like he brought NCY to us? I guess he forgot that I have known them and worked for them when I was 17. does anyone else think this is weird for a 61 year old man to be acting so vindictively. Like I have ruined his life?

I hope he calms down. I also hope that the other LF members can chime in with their thoughts on all this. I would love to hear from more of them as those I have heard from all say they support this decision knowing it was a tough one for me.

What? Wait a minute, la familia was a cult?? Haha

onerich

The Carpenter - UTVUnderground's La familia
Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
I see they banned PB. I wonder if they banned the other two that were feeding fuel to the fire....

I hope to join you guys on the next ride! ;)
Soon
Well I am super bummed. According to Papa Bear he does in fact speak for all of LaFamilia. He is LaFamilia he claims and because he says so they will all be leaving. I have also been called a 14yr old by him, a liar and a sell out. He owns all of his posts an pictures here so I have to take them all down and delete them he says? lol

He now has resorted to calling sponsors like NCY and tell them that he has been banned. Like he brought NCY to us? I guess he forgot that I have known them and worked for them when I was 17. does anyone else think this is weird for a 61 year old man to be acting so vindictively. Like I have ruined his life?

I hope he calms down. I also hope that the other LF members can chime in with their thoughts on all this. I would love to hear from more of them as those I have heard from all say they support this decision knowing it was a tough one for me.
Shit happens , But I think this thread will not help now that members can turn it in to a "ya'' he's gone thread , not hating / just saying .:)

Ali Baba

Sep 13, 2010
Soon

Shit happens , But I think this thread will not help now that members can turn it in to a "ya'' he's gone thread , not hating / just saying .:)
On the contrary, Cisco started this thread and most who have voiced their regrets on this thread have said that they love La Familia and would open their arms to PB when he's ready. So, I don't see this as a "ya" he's gone thread. But, we love La Familia and we hope PB returns with a change of heart? Savvy? I realize I'm not speaking on everyone's behalf, but I'm sure a majority would agree with that message.

dezerteryx

Jun 13, 2010
san marcos
Shit happens , But I think this thread will not help now that members can turn it in to a "ya'' he's gone thread , not hating / just saying .:)[/QUOTE]

I sure hope it dosent. Because that would meen we didnt learn anything from this hole situation.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
I don't see any bad blood in this thread. I see a community talking about a touchy subject. Everyone is being respectful.

Cisco started the thread telling us La Familia was moving on. It's sad to see this go down this way. A true family fights and points fingers but in the end they learn from it and grow stronger.

I hope this all works out in the end.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
It will work out, however according to PB anyone who sticks around here using the LaFamilia name is stealing it.... lol WOW.. I am sorry but I am at a loss for words with this guy right now.

With that said, thank you again for all the support both in Private Message (may don't want to be involved for fear of PB backlash and trust me I GET IT lol), over the phone, in text, and obviously here. Like I said, this is a crappy situation but one that was almost destined to happen. From the time I saw that thread with the Jeep guys who came to the site I sort of knew people we getting fed up with the PB attitude as of late. I thought the thread Mike started would go away and maybe PB would see the errors in his ways in terms of attitude but it never happened. So here we are, one member down and him telling us he is taking the whole LF group or at-least the name with him.

Nothing but love for Cisco, we rode together before there even was a La Familia, in Baja Mexico no less and I will always appreciate all he has done for this site and its members and friends.

But as the old saying goes.. LIFE ROLLS ON!!! We got some SICK new Polaris videos rollign out soon, wait till you guys see what we have been cooking this year!!!

joes5091

Jan 20, 2010
Well I kinda new here and when I started reading posts I could not believe what PB was allowed to say. I think JoeyD does a great job with this site and hope it continues.

Slacker

La Familia
Apr 1, 2012
Bakersfield
What the H E double hockey sticks? I go on vacation for a week with limited Underground access and I come back to this? We moved a thousand miles with little hope for getting our offroad fix in the great state of California much less meeting people to ride with. The Underground and especially La Familia are largely responsible for me avoiding the depression that would have caused. Thanks a ton Joey for giving us a place to congregate and plan what is so important to my family. I'm not picking sides here, it's not between me and anyone, I just need our riding family to stick together. I've heard that I'm not even an official La Familia member until I get a hug from Cisco and said hug has not been shared, that won't happen if this continues down this horrible road. I vote we stay and keep PB in the loop on rides and the like via phone, e -mail, snail mail or whatever it takes. My family needs for this thing to stay together.

DUNE DUMMY 29

OG Sticker Man - UTVUnderground La Familia
Feb 28, 2009
EL CENTRO
www.planetsidexside.com
I AM NOT LEAVING. PAPA BEAR DOES NOT SPEAK FOR ME. WE HAVE BEEN LA FAMILIA FROM THE BEGINING.
This is a real shame, i have been with La Familia from the beginning, Frank (Cisco Kid) and I met with a guy name Jeff for what was to be a group call Rutting Rhinos, that was a fail and Frank and i joined up and met Dune Dummy, Jim and so on, they really are a good group of guys. I for one think PB is a great guy but do think is was going off the deep end on some of his topics, I have never heard him do this before, I hope that he will calm down and understand what the UTVUnderground truly represents. I will do my part to help La Familia stick around. I for one will be, though i am in Colorado now i am and will always be part of the La Familia and will stick with them. The people on here that ride with them know what a very good group oif guys they are and should not be judged by one persons actions

Thanks UTV underground.
Craig

RZRluvr

La Familia Baby!
Feb 21, 2011
Anaheim,CA
For the record, the thoughts, opinions, views and actions of Papa Bear do not, I repeat DO NOT reflect the feelings and views of La Famila as a group! We don't have any leaders or bosses and he does not own the name or the group. He has acted on his own as an individual. We (La Familia) are a group of families and friends that love to ride, camp, have a good time and help others whenever we can. I personally enjoy this site and I will be staying put, proudly representing La Familia! Like they always say "Opinions are like azz holes, everybody has one" well this was mine so others may differ. But I don't think so!
Peace out and love you all!

Flyingbryan

Jun 23, 2011
Things can change quick, PB may or may not be back.

I feel the same as others, if PB comes back he is welcome by me and LF has and is always welcome. However the final word is reserved for Joey alone.

After all, this is Joey's house, and we are all getting free rent to talk about anything, post pictures, videos, come together to talk about our common interests like riding our UTV's, keeping up with ride ride areas, and even working on the UTV's of every make for both recreation and racing. This does come at a very small price to us, just be respectful of others and follow the rules. Last I checked Joey makes the rules. This is a little like if you kick our brother and have to sit in the corner for a few minutes. If you kick your brother and are told to sit in the corner than that is what you do. Some people really dont like being told to sit in the corner if they feel there borther deserved to be kicked and the rules should not apply (the rules still apply). But what You Do Not Do is kick you dad because he told you to sit in the corner after you just kicked your brother.

With that said if I were Joey, I could not over look that PB talked about suing and even went as far as threatening Joeys livelihood by talking to at least one of his sponsors. This after all the time PB has spent on or should I say in Joey's house. This site is what Joey does and does it very well i might add. It is more than just a hobby and he has put a lot into it. Going from the analogy above what PB did is like after that kid that kicked his brother then tried to puncture his dads car tires because he had to sit in the corner. Like I said I personally would welcome PB back, but if I were Joey I would not feel the same way without a apology from PB directly.

If PB does not come back to UTVUG he will be missed but things will not change much from my point of view. Sure I do think he has some very good posts but life goes on. PB has put LF in a very hard position because they have friends and family's of there own aside from him.

PB if you read this and I am sure you will, I hope to go riding with you and LF some day. Life is to short to spend time on something like this. I would hope you see Joeys position that he is protecting his investment by having you sit out for just a couple of days. Joey does NOT deserve any attack just because he is trying to keep things in check. PB I hope you can see I am not attacking you but pointing out this is in no way something Joey started, and should not have to deal with a law suit or even a threat of that after providing a great web site for YOU and everyone. I feel Joey is the big looser in this and he only did what any owner would have done in this situation.

So PB, I hope the best for you and LF and even hope you come back if Joey can forgive you (lawsuit requires a apology IMO). If not maybe I will join one of LF's rides if you would be OK with that.

Cheers,
Bryan :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000