"La Famila"

Status
Not open for further replies.

phuggit

Broke
Feb 8, 2010
I rarely post on this forum and mostly use it as a news source for utv topics. I have found great info here, whether it be riding conditions in socal or new products for the utv market. That said, each time PB entered a thread he brought a negative vibe and ultimately began posting his usual conspiracy theorist rant. I for one am glad he got a time out. He obviously didnt learn anything when he was ran off of the other site where he tried to spread his bs. I hope the La Familia peeps come back. I felt they contributed alot to the forum with their ride reports.

Plus I want to see Cisco finish his truck.

droidage.....

Craig

Oct 7, 2010
Colorado Springs, Colorado
It has been stated here from many of the La Familia members, PB does not own the name and he is not the leader of the group, Like Dune Dummy I to will be staying along and enjoying this great site.
Dune Dummy and myself have been members from day one and it is truly about family, not one person. I hope Frank and the rest of the gang will be back.

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
Chris and I are also staying. It is unfortunate things have come to this, and I only hope folks can all sit down, rationalize things, work them out, give a big La Familia hug to each other, and move on.

I do think Rhino Dan has a valid question, and I haven't seen a logical response, if there is one.

IMHO, this has been, and will continue to be, the premier UTV website on the net, worldwide, hands down. I want to be part of what it stands for, what it does, and hope that I can give back in a positive way for the ability to participate at zero cost to me other than time I may volunteer. That's just an awesome value that cannot be beat!

As I've said before, I know Bear, consider him a good friend, and respect him. I will ride with Bear, share a camp, dinner, conversation around the firepit, and do not let this affect our relationship one iota.

I don't know why things went the way they did, and frankly don't care. We are all adults, and owe it to each other to respect each other. We also need to know when to quit and not keep slinging mud. This goes both ways, and I hope we've all learned what happens when two very strong opinionated folks start banging heads.

If need be, exchange phone numbers and talk it out, a public forum isn't the place to do it sitting behind a keyboard.

So I'm looking forward to the "Should Rocketman be banned poll", It'll at least tell me someone knows I'm even here!

Peace out my brothers and sisters

Dan (aka) Rocketman...

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
I have not spoken to Joey about this so don't hold me to this.

But I think the ban was spawned by the Lawsuit thread not the "Question for UTVunderground" thread. The lawsuit thread was started and closed within a matter of moments and the ban was instated right after. I really appreciate everyone being adult about this. I hope LaFamilia (Papa Bear) comes to the ISA event in October. So let's get back to the adventure and fun and put the drama behind us?

onerich

The Carpenter - UTVUnderground's La familia
Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
Chris and I are also staying. It is unfortunate things have come to this, and I only hope folks can all sit down, rationalize things, work them out, give a big La Familia hug to each other, and move on.

I do think Rhino Dan has a valid question, and I haven't seen a logical response, if there is one.

IMHO, this has been, and will continue to be, the premier UTV website on the net, worldwide, hands down. I want to be part of what it stands for, what it does, and hope that I can give back in a positive way for the ability to participate at zero cost to me other than time I may volunteer. That's just an awesome value that cannot be beat!

As I've said before, I know Bear, consider him a good friend, and respect him. I will ride with Bear, share a camp, dinner, conversation around the firepit, and do not let this affect our relationship one iota.

I don't know why things went the way they did, and frankly don't care. We are all adults, and owe it to each other to respect each other. We also need to know when to quit and not keep slinging mud. This goes both ways, and I hope we've all learned what happens when two very strong opinionated folks start banging heads.

If need be, exchange phone numbers and talk it out, a public forum isn't the place to do it sitting behind a keyboard.

[COLOR=Orange[COLOR="Yellow"]]So I'm looking forward to the "Should Rocketman be banned poll", It'll at least tell me someone knows I'm even here![/COLOR]

Peace out my brothers and sisters

Dan (aka) Rocketman... [/COLOR]
Ahh , Dan tucken Dave started one 5 min. ago sorry dave but he was going to find out anyway . :D

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
Holy crap! I go camping at the beach for a week, get home today and see all this??? I'm still trying to digest all this, but want to say La Familia is still the best bunch of people I have ever camped and ridden with, and I will still be a part of it until someone tells me to go. I did try to get Dan banned like 20 times now, but he keeps giving me back rubs at all the drop 31 rides, so....I've decide to keep him around ;)

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Hey Guys,

So you know I have spoken with Lasher and Waytay and both know that this subject needs to be avoided by them and they agreed. I don't need to have the talk with Deserteryx because he gets it and you can tell in his posts. I didn't ban Papa Bear solely on his language and filth in "defending" himself in the thread that started it all. Rusty nailed it, I banned him once I saw him create a thread essentially saying he was going to file a lawsuit against Kawasaki for this mess.. That pisses me off as I don't need my site being the reason that some dude wants to sue a company that we at UTVUnderground have worked so hard to build a relationship with.

Anyway, things with PB have taken a turn and it looks like PB thinks that I owe HIM an apology and that he is in fact taking La Familia with him to another site that has offered him a home. lol So apparently all of you who are in La Familia now have to go to his new site.

Of course I thinks its posturing at its best and I still hope cooler heads will prevail. FWIW I had a great chat today with PB's son Breven at the V2R contingency and there is no ill feelings there.

Thanks again guys! Onward and upward!

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Thanks again guys for all the love and respect. This site truly is about all of you. Sure I need the business side of things to work so I can make a living at this but without each and every member and reader the site is nothing. So don't think for one minute that I don't know that or aknowledge that. I am pretty busy working in the background trying to improve this site and always add fresh and cool new content. Its a ton of work but I love it. Its a testament that in 4 years I have not had to ban any CONTRIBUTING members so if we lose one I think we are doing pretty good. l

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
Ahh , Dan tucken Dave started one 5 min. ago sorry dave but he was going to find out anyway . :D
Haha Rich! Glad u said "tucken Dave" and not $ucken Dave, or I'd have your ass banned too!! :D:D:D

dev's rzr

Jan 7, 2011
glandora ca
x 2 For the record, the thoughts, opinions, views and actions of Papa Bear do not, I repeat DO NOT reflect the feelings and views of La Famila as a group! We don't have any leaders or bosses and he does not own the name or the group. He has acted on his own as an individual. We (La Familia) are a group of families and friends that love to ride, camp, have a good time and help others whenever we can. I personally enjoy this site and I will be staying put, proudly representing La Familia! Like they always say "Opinions are like azz holes, everybody has one" well this was mine so others may differ. But I don't think so!
Peace out and love you all! this is a great group of people and i for one am staying if they accept me so when is the next ride ?????????

Slacker

La Familia
Apr 1, 2012
Bakersfield
I'm staying, this site is awesome. I sure hate to see anyone go over this. Thank you Joey for not putting Truckin Dave in charge of the bannings around here! There would no one left but you and him! ( He'd have to spare you to keep it going):D:D

GOVACHO

Nov 8, 2011
Riverssippi
zzzzzzzzzz

I understand the lawsuite issue tied in with the site..

But this is a OPEN forum... We dont pay to come on here.. ( well I was never asked to pay ) so why get all up in arms over what someone said on here via a key board ?? Were grown here, hell even stumpy can say whats on his mind...lol...

Again I understand the issue at had, but maybe the thread could have just been deleted and no ban PB. Now im sure im the newest member to LF, but I a grown ass man now one can tell me what and where to go and do.. ( unless I get banned also ) but ill be here for as long UTVUG allows me.. I have met some great people on our rides and hope to meet more.

So with that said " dont get your panties in a bunch " its just my .02 cents.

LaDSM

Jul 15, 2012
I am newbie here but have been around the other UTV sites since before a Polaris was even popular. People migrate around the different sites and you can see who like the internet drama and those who see thru it. The dust will settle before the SSSS and the Desert season will go on. If PB doesnt return he will be on the next internet prc,rzr,utv,.com site and the rides will still be great. Joey has to make tuff decisions, Corporations are deep pockets and threats to sue on the internet have to be dealt with.

OK- What time does the beer stand open at the SSSS??

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
Joey will have limited service all day today. He will be chasing the UTV's from Vegas to Reno. Do you guys think I should BAN Joey for the day? Hahahaha

I am glad to see alot of the LaFamilia guys sticking around. I hope Cisco comes on here. Like Joey said we rode with Cisco in Baja before UTVUnderground and LaFamilia were even around. He is a great guy with a huge heart and I also think he is a very level headed person.

Ok, now lets start some new threads and get all this drama behind us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000