"La Familia" 1st Annual John Berry Memorial Ride President’s Weekend

onerich

The Carpenter - UTVUnderground's La familia
Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
Yup, the rubician got me again. If you look at the a-arm twisted to the right and then look at the hub you can see what happens when a rock sheers off a bolt holding things together . But with help from Friends we go it back rolling to finish the ride .THANKS A-LOT GUYS FOR THE HELP and thanks to the other for waiting around.

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
Thanks I like this one the best it really makes you think what's around that corner :eek:
THats the corner I did a 30-point turn on the first night!! The second night, I got it the first time. They should call that corner "Rzr4 Hell"!!
Great pics Rich and PB!! Those were the best night rides I have done so far,.....little dust, great weather and starry skies!!

onerich

The Carpenter - UTVUnderground's La familia
Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
Two of the People who helped make this happen! Cisco and Rich:

Thanks PB there a lot of props to go out that made this trip a safe and memorable ride

you taking the lead on the big ride

All the peeps that helped with their radio's to keep the rides rolling safe/ Mike red RZR keeping them working :D

Roul donating the flags

AG for donating the small flags to go the rides

Gilbert for helping with the $$ for the ribbons

The live entertainment and DJ nacho

The peeps that were cooking and serving for the pot luck ,

And how about Grumpy with those kick A$$ shirts and sweaters.

Also thanks to the UNDERGROUND for giving us a home so we all can get our stuff together in one place .

ageekwithajeep

UTVUnderground La-Familia
Oct 13, 2010
Spokane Wa
Hey Kyle, nice meeting ya and chatting. Your right I think we did get stuck in the same location made the same wrong turn. Jane and I did not understand the directions either. I lost my plumbing at the first turn, burn, and I was not going to try the turn at the “bushâ€, too tight, twisted, and steep, dented my bed rail trying to get out of middle of the desert.

Few words of friendly advice to those providing directions for next year to help prevent damage and getting stuck…. I would never advise anyone that has not been here before to try this at night, especially if you have low plumbing and bed rail clearance. Glad I got tired @ 12:30am went to bed waited for daylight been worse. I’d say for rigs over 65 take them down to drop 30, even then there is a tight squeeze, huge hole one side, bush other side, right past by the bush fork turn(Ernesto showed it to me) if you miss at night will cause severe damage not to mention debris, glass, etc, I kicked out of my way. The drop 30 turn up to the canal on the side closest to the Salt Sea is better to keep from twisting and bottoming out in back not the one you advised PB. I still got close there to bed rails, been much worse other side. Snob hill I hit bottom almost bed rails, hard to turn around get in and out without twisting.

This is where it be nice to have a RV coordinator someone that has been to these places and has pulled everything from a 5X8 bumper tow to 48+’ fifth wheel like I have. A map is worth 1000 words noting take caution landmarks like burms, bushes, holes, turns some rigs can consider, others should not. Don’t rely on cell phones I tried PB and George several times Saturday AM no answer and service can be an issue, also some don’t have radios, good map is key. I can do maps in Power Point very fast and I’d do it, but I have never been to a lot of these places. Probably the best advice outside of what google earth does not capture in places like this is to stop at the paved road in daytime get out your UTV go look since every ones rig is different.

Well whole thing has me looking at ways to bring my plumbing up been talking to Forest River this morning as I repair the damage, and a flat bed when I can afford it, but still very nasty uneven terrain and debris.

Thanks so much for help Frank and Ernesto’s family.
Sorry this had to happen TNT, I did post to someone asking if they could get in at night for the first time and said its not advised but it's been done. Hope you had a great weekend dispite the mishap.

Looks like I missed out on a great one, keep the pics rolling and I'll see ya at TDS

DUNE DUMMY 29

OG Sticker Man - UTVUnderground La Familia
Feb 28, 2009
EL CENTRO
www.planetsidexside.com
SATURDAY NIGHT WHILE THE BAND WAS PRACTICING, A GREEN 4 SEATER ARCTIC CAT PULLED UP & STARTED LISTENING TO US. THEY ENJOYED IT & CAME BACK TO HEAR US MAKE OUR DEBUT. RUSSEL HIS NEPHEW MONTANA, HIS DAUGHTER & HER FRIEND WERE SO COOL. (SORRY GIRLS, I AM TERRIBLE WITH NAMES.) RUSSEL SANG PART OF A BACKSTREET BOYS SONG & THE GIRLS ENTERTAINED US WITH SIGN LANGUAGE INTERPRETATION & DANCE TO 3 SONGS. ( I LIKED THE PRAY FOR YOU SONG :D)THEY ARE VERY NICE PEOPLE & I HOPE THEY HANG OUT WITH US AGAIN.

TNT

Banned Por Vida
Nov 23, 2011
So Cal
Sorry this had to happen TNT, I did post to someone asking if they could get in at night for the first time and said its not advised but it's been done. Hope you had a great weekend dispite the mishap.

Looks like I missed out on a great one, keep the pics rolling and I'll see ya at TDS

I missed your advice; I tried to keep up w/the thread. The best place for good directions is in the first post, that way we don’t have to look through many pages of a large threads to put it together.

I’ve pulled everything from a 5X8, 26’ bumper tows, to now a 48’ fifth wheel to off road races all over this country past decade, I consider myself a good truck driver that knows my rig altho sometimes you just don’t know until you try and may find you can’t beat clearances and even a scout car ride does not tell the whole story…with our racing group we had a lot of 48+’ like mine I could rely on their word after they made it…..lol!

What some don’t understand since I’m betting they never drove such a rig is when you make tight turns up steep grades it does not take much before you are hitting bed rails, and these race trailers have low plumbing that do not take kindly to large burms that stick out half way in the road……..For that reason the west side of drop 30 is a better path than the east, cross at drop 31, no snob hill like my map shows. Not attacking anyone, just trying to help get the right advice based on my experience to the next new guy. If I’m not here next year probably the best advice for a rig like mine is KOA if it has flatter wider terrain.

Yes we had fun!

Last edited:

TNT

Banned Por Vida
Nov 23, 2011
So Cal
SATURDAY NIGHT WHILE THE BAND WAS PRACTICING, A GREEN 4 SEATER ARCTIC CAT PULLED UP & STARTED LISTENING TO US. THEY ENJOYED IT & CAME BACK TO HEAR US MAKE OUR DEBUT. RUSSEL HIS NEPHEW MONTANA, HIS DAUGHTER & HER FRIEND WERE SO COOL. (SORRY GIRLS, I AM TERRIBLE WITH NAMES.) RUSSEL SANG PART OF A BACKSTREET BOYS SONG & THE GIRLS ENTERTAINED US WITH SIGN LANGUAGE INTERPRETATION & DANCE TO 3 SONGS. ( I LIKED THE PRAY FOR YOU SONG :D)THEY ARE VERY NICE PEOPLE & I HOPE THEY HANG OUT WITH US AGAIN.
Dan said someone took a go-pro video of the whole show I wish someone would post it. Yeah seen those guys on the way out, kewl folk! Dude can sing too, should of took center stage.

Last edited:

TNT

Banned Por Vida
Nov 23, 2011
So Cal
All I know is it is worth it and I love camping with La Familia wherever they camp;)
Well I’m jealous you got the cutest grandson in the world. Mine is 22 I should be one soon, wait did I just say soon? Lets hope not yet. Noticed the rock throwing makes few people nervous, poor kid has noone his age to play with lots of rides, so we put some rocks in the abandoned car…he’s really taken a liking to Jane she plays with him. You might consider a baseball bat toy like bam bam in the Flinstones lol! Bam Bam!! Tough kid you got there reminds me of Bam Bam…..:D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000