La Familia...An Official Off-Road Club? Can it be done?

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
So a thought hit me the other day. La Familia is the most solid group of friends, enthusiasts, and proponents of safe and responsible off road riding that I have ever come across on the forum. There are all sorts of clubs out there, why not turn La Familia into an "official" Off-Road or UTV club? I mean, I dont know what it takes to do that and what kind of hoops there are to jump through but I dont know of any UTV clubs and it could be cool to be the first official UTV members/enthusiasts club.

Just a thought. I would help to do what I could to make this happen. Just another one of my crazy ideas....hahhhaha

Cisco Kid

Puro Corazon - UTVUnderground La Famila
Apr 17, 2009
WOW, mow that will be cool ;-)
but same a Breven, me no save nada ;-)

Cisco Kid

Apr 17, 2009
Joey,

I like a big "La Familia UTVUnderground Flag" ;-)
may be a 3'x5'

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
hahahaha That would be cool Cisco! I think we need to come up with a sweet La Familia logo first!!!

Maybe someone here on UTVUG would have some experience here? I will look into it a bit, I am super busy but one of these late nights I will look around and do some research. I think it would be cool, have a president, organize official runs, and then take group trips to larger events, etc... I mean I am not vested here with you guys, I havent even been on an official ride with all of you at once, but I just think it could be cool to establish something official to promote the sport and hobby we all love!

StrRacerX

Mar 12, 2010
san diego, ca
how about a secret handshake to get access into meetings or rides? :)
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PI0vIn-asQ]YouTube - The Coolest Secret Hand Shake Ever[/ame]

Cisco Kid

Apr 17, 2009
hahahaha That would be cool Cisco! I think we need to come up with a sweet La Familia logo first!!!

Maybe someone here on UTVUG would have some experience here? I will look into it a bit, I am super busy but one of these late nights I will look around and do some research. I think it would be cool, have a president, organize official runs, and then take group trips to larger events, etc... I mean I am not vested here with you guys, I havent even been on an official ride with all of you at once, but I just think it could be cool to establish something official to promote the sport and hobby we all love!

Let me know, I will help pay for it ;-)

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
Here's a good start to the logo.... I know it's your old ride Cisco, but it's still a cool pic... Kind of spiritual in a way...:D

Dan ...

Team Green

Reid Nordin - UTVUnderground Approved
Jun 30, 2009
Riverside, CA
www.WalkerEvansEnt.com
Just from an observer and watching and reading all of your posts I think you guys are already pretty organized. I would caution a club just to avoid any political mess in the future. I'd add a cool logo and keep it low key like you have now.

I only did the night ride at Truckhaven last year but with just that short event it was pretty evident how you all love each other and how much fun you like to have with your SXS's.

I'd be proud to have a La Familia Sticker on my Teryx!

Cisco Kid

Apr 17, 2009
Just from an observer and watching and reading all of your posts I think you guys are already pretty organized. I would caution a club just to avoid any political mess in the future. I'd add a cool logo and keep it low key like you have now.

I only did the night ride at Truckhaven last year but with just that short event it was pretty evident how you all love each other and how much fun you like to have with your SXS's.

X2 and yes a "La Familia Sticker" ;-)
Thank You ;-)

brevndeb

Your Mom
May 5, 2010
Beaumont CA-B-Town

x2. Joey it is a great idea but when you make it a club and add presidents and cabinet people that adds the politics. Jeep clubs are cool but when they get big and clicky they don't become fun anymore. It sounded good at first but then. I thought back when my dad was apart of the Hemet Jeep club and later in the years it got to big and clicky. We should just maybe do some stickers and keep it here as our home and welcome everyone.........

Darryl89

Killer Kitty - UTVUnderground Approved
Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM
Joey, this might help get you guys started. I've helped get a few clubs going in the past and this set of guidelines seem to encompass most of what you will need to develop By-Laws and such.

http://www.atvam.org/documents/ClubGuidelines2005Edition.pdf

Check out page 27 of the guidelines for a sample of By-laws that can get you going.

Page 33 has incorporation guidelines to keep you legal with the IRS

dkiewicz

Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
AAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! Pg27....Pg33!!!!!! There's already way to much reading and not enough ridding!!!!

There should only be 4 rules:

Rule 1. Bring plenty of beer (or your choice of beverage) to consume after the ride.
Rule 2. No ride is left behind.
Rule 3. Respect each other and grow our sport.
Rule 4. Have fun, period.

We don't need anything more than that, do we?:D

DUNE DUMMY 29

OG Sticker Man - UTVUnderground La Familia
Feb 28, 2009
EL CENTRO
www.planetsidexside.com
\Now thtat is why to cool of a pic :)
CAN SOMEONE PHOTO SHOP JOHN'S RZR INTO THAT PIC? I AGREE STICKERS & MAYBE T-SHIRTS. NO POLITICS. WE HAVE REALLY GOOD LEADERS THAT DON'T NEED TITLES. REED, FRANK & BREVEN. I RODE WITH ANOTHER GROUP OF FRIENDS THIS WEEKEND. WE HAD A LOT OF FUN, BUT THEY DON'T WAIT FOR YOU. THEY HAUL BUTT & IF YOU GET LOST IT IS LIKE WE WILL MEET YOU BACK @ CAMP. LA FAMILIA HAS ALWAYS GOT YOUR BACK. WE LOVE ALL OF YOU GUYS.

dkiewicz

Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
LOL!!! However, we do request a shower in between ride events.....;) Or no hugs from Frank!

Remember what it takes to be a part of us:

1. Come ride with us!
2. Eat Frank's Carna Asada!
3. Have Frank give you a big Hug!
4. When you show up again we figure you can stand us and your in;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000