La Familia...An Official Off-Road Club? Can it be done?

Cisco Kid

Puro Corazon - UTVUnderground La Famila
Apr 17, 2009
We want to keep it fun! Thanks, but no thanks, we are La Familia because of Love of Off-Road, The Outdoors, Friendship, Camping, and mostly Frank! If you formalize it you create an "I do more than he does" attitude and we all do what we do because we want too! The ties that bind us are greater than rules and regulations! Also you can't recreate what we have and that is a natural binding and love! :eek:
Si, Si and Yes ;-)
But it is not just me it is all of us ;-)

Remember what it takes to be a part of us:

1. Come ride with us!
2. Eat Frank's Carna Asada!
3. Have Frank give you a big Hug!
4. When you show up again we figure you can stand us and your in;)
Si, Si and Yes ;-)

Darryl89

Killer Kitty - UTVUnderground Approved
Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM
Well, I agree with the keep it fun idea. Only thing I was thinking of was having the members organized to help promote a unified front in keeping our sport alive.
Even today, as we speak, in California, there are major attempts to attack our sport. Clubs usually help to legitimize our sport and can give a more unified voice.
But in the spirit of riding, cool. As one H-D business owner told the corporate H-D guys... it's all about the ride.....

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
Rugged Radio's can lock out a radio freq so when we go on rides there is no outside chatter. I think its a great idea but keep it simple. I was a part of a club for a while and it was a pain. So many rules and BS.

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
Now I like the lockout idea. I guess I'll have to go to Rugged and by a radio first... :)

I want one REAL bad, 2 place int/radio with helmet headsets, but I need a cage worse, so money being tight, cage first.

If you know of anyone getting rid of a used
350-2P-HK-50W let me know. :D

DUNE DUMMY 29

OG Sticker Man - UTVUnderground La Familia
Feb 28, 2009
EL CENTRO
www.planetsidexside.com
Join CORVA, The Coalition, and any other group that helps! Keep voting and vote for those who will keep land open! Another official club is not the difference!

Everyone is welcome and clubs tend to push some out! People ask all the time "If they too can come along" and I have to always tell them we welcome everyone! We have new people join us on every ride and that is what we want! We want everyone to know it is just that simple, no test, brown nose, no snubbing for what you drive, no one leaving you behind, or not including you in conversations! Keep it simple and fun;)
THEY EVEN LET ME COME IN A RHINO. WE DO SPREAD THE GOSPEL OF OFFROADING RESPONSIBLY & VOTING RESPONSIBLY.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Cool conversation, see my ideas usually create this type of stir...hahhaha Ok so concensus from La Familia is to keep it informal and I am all about if it aint broke dont fix it!

How about a thread just laying out who La Familia is then? Maybe explain to new members or even current curious members how you guys began to get together and how the name came about and how one would come and join in. Obviously we see that all you need to do is Show up! hahah Easy enough....But lets do a formal thread that we can sticky that better lays out our informal club of friends, riders, and off road lovers! Sound good?

Papa Bear, you want to do this?? You got everyones best interest in your heart and I think it would be best to have this come from one of the original La Familia guys!

This could almost be the club's creed or motto here

"we are La Familia because of Love of Off-Road, The Outdoors, Friendship, Camping, and mostly Frank (aka Cisco Kid who cooks amazing Carne and gives big hugs!)! If you formalize it you create an "I do more than he does" attitude and we all do what we do because we want too!" - Papa Bear

I added a little in there! haha

If you guys think I am crazy just say so, lol, sometimes I get a wild hair and need to be told to stop thinking so much!

DUNE DUMMY 29

Feb 28, 2009
EL CENTRO
www.planetsidexside.com
LA FAMILIA STARTED IN 2008 WHEN WE MET @ GLAMIS KOA NORTH FOR A BRADSHAW TRAIL RIDE. THE FOUNDING MEMBERS WERE CISCO KID, JIM DREWIT , CRAIG PRUETT & MYSELF. (OF COURSE OUR LOVELY SPOUSES WHO HELP KEEP IT ALL TOGETHER) WE HAD SO MUCH FUN & ENJOYED EACH OTHERS COMPANY SO MUCH WE DECIDED TO DO IT AS OFTEN AS WE COULD. I SAID WE WERE LA FAMILIA & IT STUCK. WE HAVE BEEN RIDING TOGETHER EVER SINCE. WE STARTED ON PSXS AS OUR HOME SITE. THEY RAN US OFF & JOEY WELCOMED US TO THE UNDERGROUND WITH OPEN ARMS & THIS IS HOME. THE CORE GROUP IS STILL TOGETHER EVEN IF CRAIG IS IN COLORADO. WE PREACH SAFETY, FUN, COMRARDIE & RESPONSIBILTY. HAUL OUT WHAT YOU BRING IN & PICK UP A LITTLE EXTRA . FAMILY FIRST, GOD & AMERICA. YOU CAN SEE AMERICAN FLAGS ON ALL OF OUR VEHICLES. THANKS AGAIN JOEY FOR GIVING US A HOME. EVERYONE WITH ANY KIND OF VEHICLE IS WELCOME. WE WERE THE FIRST TO WELCOME CHINA BUGGIES, JUST ASK GEEK BOY. WE HAVE HAD JEEPS ,TRUCKS & ANY KIND OF OFFROAD VEHICLE YOU CAN IMAGINE. WE LOVE OFFROADING & BEING WITH OUR FRIENDS. WE DO COMMUNITY SERVICE SUCH AS THE ROBERT ROSAS MEMORIAL OFFROAD RIDE. ANYTHING TO ADD CISCO, JIM, PAPA BEAR, BREVEN, CRAIG GEEKWITHABUGGY, CLASS51600, TRANSFORMER & ATC KID HAVE ALL BEEN TOGETHER FOR A WHILE.

DUNE DUMMY 29

Feb 28, 2009
EL CENTRO
www.planetsidexside.com
Thanks Ronnie and yes we make sure everyone makes it back to camp and for me being a leader. I'm no leader, I'm just the guy that rides in the back having fun!:D
YOU ARE THE BEST SWEEPER I HAVE EVER SEEN AS WELL AS THE FIRST GUY TO JUMP IN WHEN SOMEONE BREAKS SOMETHING. I ALSO FORGOT TO MENTION ATC KID. MIKEY IS THERE TO HELP WITH REPAIRS IN A HEARTBEAT & DEFINIETLY IS WHAT LA FAMILIA IS ALL ABOUT.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
LA FAMILIA STARTED IN 2008 WHEN WE MET @ GLAMIS KOA NORTH FOR A BRADSHAW TRAIL RIDE. THE FOUNDING MEMBERS WERE CISCO KID, JIM DREWIT , CRAIG PRUETT & MYSELF. (OF COURSE OUR LOVELY SPOUSES WHO HELP KEEP IT ALL TOGETHER) WE HAD SO MUCH FUN & ENJOYED EACH OTHERS COMPANY SO MUCH WE DECIDED TO DO IT AS OFTEN AS WE COULD. I SAID WE WERE LA FAMILIA & IT STUCK. WE HAVE BEEN RIDING TOGETHER EVER SINCE. WE STARTED ON PSXS AS OUR HOME SITE. THEY RAN US OFF & JOEY WELCOMED US TO THE UNDERGROUND WITH OPEN ARMS & THIS IS HOME. THE CORE GROUP IS STILL TOGETHER EVEN IF CRAIG IS IN COLORADO. WE PREACH SAFETY, FUN, COMRARDIE & RESPONSIBILTY. HAUL OUT WHAT YOU BRING IN & PICK UP A LITTLE EXTRA . FAMILY FIRST, GOD & AMERICA. YOU CAN SEE AMERICAN FLAGS ON ALL OF OUR VEHICLES. THANKS AGAIN JOEY FOR GIVING US A HOME. EVERYONE WITH ANY KIND OF VEHICLE IS WELCOME. WE WERE THE FIRST TO WELCOME CHINA BUGGIES, JUST ASK GEEK BOY. WE HAVE HAD JEEPS ,TRUCKS & ANY KIND OF OFFROAD VEHICLE YOU CAN IMAGINE. WE LOVE OFFROADING & BEING WITH OUR FRIENDS. WE DO COMMUNITY SERVICE SUCH AS THE ROBERT ROSAS MEMORIAL OFFROAD RIDE. ANYTHING TO ADD CISCO, JIM, PAPA BEAR, BREVEN, CRAIG GEEKWITHABUGGY, CLASS51600, TRANSFORMER HAVE ALL BEEN TOGETHER FOR A WHILE.

That is awesome Ron! Great history there!!! If we can take that and post a new thread titled "What/Who is La Familia...Please Read" then include your post there as well as anything else the others would like to add that would be SOLID!!!

BTW, I like the Logo Rusty, but of course agree it would be gool to get Underground in there! hahahha With the Familia's blessing of course!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000