LA FAMILIA HALLOWEEN RIDE OCT 23-25 JAWBONE

XPirate

Sep 9, 2011
Bakertucky
Hey everyone, sorry for the delay, but I've finalized some details..... Hopefully I can keep up with updating the thread this time and keep everyone informed for a great weekend!!!! Now to the details, as mentioned before, more than a couple people have mentioned a desire to camp near "copper mountain" and that request has been granted, Thanks to Cisco, I have coordinates I will post further down.... As far as the riding goes, we will be putting in the miles partially because of camp location partially because there is so much to check out out there... Costume Contest/Kids Trick or Treat..... Friday night or Saturday, which ever works best for the group....(there will be prizes) "best adult/best kid"

CAMP:
35°19'29.80"N
118° 4'39.37"W

I will stake paper plate signs when I arrive with arrows towards our camp location, but the above coordinates give a general direction as to where I've been told is a great camp spot...

FRIDAY:

If a large part of the group arrives fairly early, we could leave around 2-3 and make a fun run up to McIVERS Cabin, if not early, but still want to get some riding in, can make a fast paced ride to INDIAN WELLS BREWERY as long as we arrive by 430....Brewery closes at 5 :(

SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY:

Leave at a reasonable time, not too early, not too late..... Head towards DOVE SPRINGS, then to RED ROCK near "NIGHTMARE GULCH" then on to last chance canyon, BURRO SCHMIDT TUNNEL if anyone wants, up to the TIED DOWN CABIN, down to GOLER HEIGHTS, and then to RANDSBURG for LUNCH/SUNDAES... After lunch, head over to JOHANNESBURG for FUEL (they have a gas station) and then up to the group???? make a run out to the PINNACLES? maybe a fast paced ride to INDIAN WELLS BREWERY? or traverse back through the EL PASO MOUNTAINS and stop by the BICKEL CAMP and TALC MINES???

POTLUCK to follow SATURDAY'S ride

SUNDAY:

If we didn't go to McIVERS Cabin on friday or if people want to go back, we can make McIVERS and back by 1 or 2.... then pack up or it can be a nice relaxing day...

Hope to see everyone out for what hopes to be an annual trip that will include nightmare gulch as soon as next year!!!

XPirate

Sep 9, 2011
Bakertucky
RIDE LIST

1. XPirate
2. Dunerat
3. RZRcsi
4. Tomcav
5. Rayc30
6. Trailplug
7. Simi Dude
8. Sand Shark