Labor Day Weekend

RZRluvr

La Familia Baby!
Feb 21, 2011
Anaheim,CA
OK Folks, we were looking for somewhere to camp and ride for the Labor Day weekend and have decided to head back to Frazier Mountain. It will be a chillaxed weekend of great riding, great peeps, great drinks and great food! I have talked with Dave and he is willing to take us on some of the unexplored trails we haven't been on yet. Don't want to put any set time on anything but if you're thinking about a day-trip then we will be doing a long ride on Sunday. If ya showed up by around 9am that would be cool! Probably leave camp around 10am. For those who will be camping, we will be there early Saturday morning through Monday. I will post up some directions and pics tomorrow 9/30/11.
Luv ya guys and hope to see ya this weekend!

Last edited:

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
I might be able to go somewhere for a day ride this weekend. Saturday or Sunday. Preferrably somewhere cool though:)

Last edited:

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
How about here?

http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_MEDIA/stelprdb5166693.pdf

Rohwer Flats. You take Sierra Hwy to Rush Canyon Road (5N13.1). Trail Head is Adventure Pass overnight camping, no water, vault toilets.

Fires in approved fire rings only. Might be a little cooler (2500ft at camp to 4500ft on top) and we can run to the Bouquet Reservoir and it looks like a ton of other places.

Fairly near for most (even PB, it's another 45 mins give or take). Ranger says easy pull for Moho and Toyhaulers.

I've never been, anyone else have any experience?

Speak up!!!:)

RZRluvr

La Familia Baby!
Feb 21, 2011
Anaheim,CA
I know right where it is and it is cool, was jeeping there years ago, but it can be very hot, like over a hundred in Sept. Not enough elevation:( It has been so many years I don't know what trails are open? A lot are 50" and smaller? :confused::confused::confused:
When has A 50" trail ever stopped you?:D
Would be cool to try somewhere new! Are you able to camp for the weekend Dan? And how is Chris?

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
When has A 50" trail ever stopped you?:D
Would be cool to try somewhere new! Are you able to camp for the weekend Dan? And how is Chris?

We're fine thanks for asking! I'm going to discuss this at home in a bit. I'm trying to be judicious here as the $$$$$ are short and the ga$ is HIGH!!!:eek:

I'll let you know in a little bit.

Dan ...:)

lmcarraher

White Knuckled - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 19, 2011
apple valley ca. 92307
i might be down but not a 100% i need to do a lot of stuff to the rhino to have it ready for glen hellen race and that might be the only weekend i have to do it, but we will see.

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
Gorman? Lot's of trails to ride there. It will be probably in the high 80's there, but cools down at night.....

RZRluvr

La Familia Baby!
Feb 21, 2011
Anaheim,CA
Weather for both Acton & Newhall is showing 80 for a high and 60 for the low on Labor Day weekend. Sounds pretty nice to me:D

RZRluvr

La Familia Baby!
Feb 21, 2011
Anaheim,CA
I'm gonna be tenting it this weekend in Idylwild for the Jazz Fest so I'll catch up with ya guys on Monday. Have a great weekend:D

Beach Leo

Way-Good
Mar 6, 2011
Mt Shasta & Mt Diablo
Thanks PB but I'm gonna be with a group of folks with small RVs, mine's just to big to fit:eek: In the campground that is:D
Now that is funny lmao....Any-way you guys have a safe and fun trip wherever you decide to go...hope its not that hot...We are going to be riding at Lassen that week about 5000-8000' elevation...prolly be around 70-75:)
I love it down there during the winter, but the summer get to dang hot for my liking:eek:

RZRluvr

La Familia Baby!
Feb 21, 2011
Anaheim,CA
Now that is funny lmao....Any-way you guys have a safe and fun trip wherever you decide to go...hope its not that hot...We are going to be riding at Lassen that week about 5000-8000' elevation...prolly be around 70-75:)
I love it down there during the winter, but the summer get to dang hot for my liking:eek:

Thanks Leo, have a great weekend and be safe:D

onerich

The Carpenter - UTVUnderground's La familia
Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
Have a good one LEO and watch out for MR BEAR. :) George you to big ya right you've never heard that before. :D (have a good wknd tell Kathy we said Hi )

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
Alternative idea:
Frazier park again, and do both legs of Yellowjacket trail, then do the switchbacks til we get to Cottonwood trail and take it to Cottonwood camp. We can skip the Miller section. Frazier will be "cool" and easy to camp. Just a thought.....Check out this video of bike doing the left side Yellowjacket leg.....The right side goes out to the meadows. I haven't done these yet and my Buddy Mike wants to ride this weekend too out there to scope out deer hunting spots.....But I am open to all ideas. Pismo sounds fun too.... (The vid says Gorman OHV, but this is the "Yellowjacket" leg.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYwaCS2RYis&feature=player_detailpage"]gorman ohv - YouTube[/ame]

RZRluvr

La Familia Baby!
Feb 21, 2011
Anaheim,CA
Alternative idea:
Frazier park again, and do both legs of Yellowjacket trail, then do the switchbacks til we get to Cottonwood trail and take it to Cottonwood camp. We can skip the Miller section. Frazier will be "cool" and easy to camp. Just a thought.....Check out this video of bike doing the left side Yellowjacket leg.....The right side goes out to the meadows. I haven't done these yet and my Buddy Mike wants to ride this weekend too out there to scope out deer hunting spots.....But I am open to all ideas. Pismo sounds fun too.... (The vid says Gorman OHV, but this is the "Yellowjacket" leg.
gorman ohv - YouTube
Sounds like a good idea, but what about your wife's B-Day? We would most likely show up early Saturday morning and stay till Monday:D Maybe show up Friday morning if I take a day off:confused:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000