Laboratory: The Monster Mav Chronicles

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
This is where I designed, built, and maintain our car. It is a humble corner of the facility that we use as a home base for Marcs tour buses. I get a corner that is approximately 700 or 800 sq. ft. The tools that I have at my disposal are some what limited. Aside from a 3' x 10' welding table, I have a tube bender, 12" disc sander, 1 h.p. bench grinder, 10 ton "H" frame press, 14" chopsaw, a MIG and TIG welder and plasma cutter (thanks Lincoln!), and a variety of electric/pneumatic hand tools. Really missing a multi-tool like an ironworker. No mills. No lathe. Just the basics. My favorite saying is, "Mac Gyver would be jealous of the creative things I do to build a product"!

Attachments

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Reid it sound like you need to talk Marc's cheap ass into getting you some more equipment. I couldn't imagine not having a mill or Lathe to use for building parts.:confused:

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
One of the most useful tools in the shop is my planner. It is the only way I can be sure not to overlook important tasks. As long as you make a note on the board the second something new comes up, and you check the board every day, it is the most reliable way to see whats ahead at a glance, and to know whether or not youhave the resources and time to accomplish said task.

Attachments

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
I like the idea of hinging driver door skin to make a belt change a little bit faster. Thats the one thing on the Mav is that clutch is not easy to get at like the Polaris.:mad:

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
I like the idea of hinging driver door skin to make a belt change a little bit faster. Thats the one thing on the Mav is that clutch is not easy to get at like the Polaris.:mad:
Add to that the welded in door bars, and it is really inconvenient to access.

Attachments

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000