Votes: 36 97.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
Send the reciepts to Desert Freak Products. I'll put you up at the Ranch for the weekend.
No that business has seen nothing but negative growth for a few years. Its time to change the name again so I can start my dune trips I mean research and development excursions.

I just did this same shootout for Sand Sports Magazine this year. It's in the May/June 2013 issue in case anyone missed it. Definitely turned out to be quite the one-man undertaking, and I wish you guys the best if you want to take it on.

As many of you have said, the camera quibbles are taken care of when you use the same camera and switch it over to manual mode. We had to change our test locale because we underestimated how bright these monsters really are! And, believe me, the manufacturers really want you to show how far these awesome lights go.

Have fun with it!

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
I just did this same shootout for Sand Sports Magazine this year. It's in the May/June 2013 issue in case anyone missed it. Definitely turned out to be quite the one-man undertaking, and I wish you guys the best if you want to take it on.

As many of you have said, the camera quibbles are taken care of when you use the same camera and switch it over to manual mode. We had to change our test locale because we underestimated how bright these monsters really are! And, believe me, the manufacturers really want you to show how far these awesome lights go.

Have fun with it!
Are you able to post the results of your LED test?

Are you able to post the results of your LED test?
Yes, the article has been printed so we can post anything about it. We didn't necessarily "rank" the 6 manufacturers that elected to participate in our evaluation because a person's lighting preferences vary to an overwhelming degree. And we didn't have enough space in the magazine to come up with different categories to rank each separate light.

I'll be happy to say that the American-made lights that we tested are definitely superior products than the oversees-made products. This is true for many different reasons, mainly because of build quality and optical clarity, though. And you'd be surprised to see how many mainstream manufacturers don't build their products in the good-ol' USA.

The main thing I would recommend for any consumer looking to buy an LED bar is to go to a dealer and really evaluate each different light for yourself. And, don't think that a 50 inch light bar is going to out-shine a 30 incher. That's another reason why evaluating different lengths of light bars in our test (contrary to some people's opinion) really paid off. Some of the manufacturers sent us smaller light bars knowing that they would be just as bright or brighter than larger ones in our evaluation (none of the manufacturers knew who was sending what before the article was printed, they found that out on their own time) and their products shone bright for not only the fact that the smaller LED was brighter, but also because a consumer could buy less and get more light.

Hope that little tidbit helped. We should be posting the entire article on our website, www.sandsports.net, in the next couple of weeks.

LORENZ

Lorenz Industries - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 11, 2009
We're a go with this. Rusty round up your contacts and lets get a group of these Lights in our hands this month.

I shot an email off to my contact at Baja Designs, and they are eager to jump into the 2013 Light Shoot-Out and "annihilate" the competition.

I can get some China LEDs Light bars from the Dodge boys over at NTG Racing this week. https://www.facebook.com/pages/NTG-Racing/127690840598723

The ball is rolling.

Apr 6, 2013
did any one actually did a new test?

Totron, Soye, aurora are good options on the china bars. I sell them and they move a lot faster than the BD or RGD models and customers are really happy..

Tzenev

Jul 9, 2013
did any one actually did a new test?

Totron, Soye, aurora are good options on the china bars. I sell them and they move a lot faster than the BD or RGD models and customers are really happy..

What's your website, I'd like to look at them. Never heard of soye.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000