LED lighting wiring question

rsmattis

Sep 30, 2016
Okay I need some help before I go insane. RZR 570 trail, 2014. Simply putting on an Auxbeam 13" 72W LED light bar. Front bumper. Wiring kit is a Kawell CB-AT997. Should be easy.
When I hook the wiring kit to the battery, I get light to the switch (red"off" light is illuminated). BUT when I plug the terminals into the light bar wires and hit the on switch, it immediately blows the 30A fuse. No light, blows immediately. The red "off" light will still come on, but no power to the light without blowing the fuse.
When I unhook the light bar and replace the fuse, the red off light is working on the switch, and the green "on" light will work if I hit the switch (no light attached). When I hook my $10 multimeter up to end of the wiring kit, the sweep dial pegs to the right (0ohms) when the light switch is on. I believe that is what is supposed to happen?
SO, I tested the light bar. Brought out my camper trailer battery--negative to negative and positive thru the 30A fuse to positive. Brilliant light.
I ain't no electrician, so someone tell me what I am doing wrong. Grounding issue?? How to fix??
thanks in advance
rick

JellymanSD

Oct 7, 2017
On the switch there should be three places to connect your wires, two for power and one for ground. You might have the ground wire and a power wire reversed at the switch. Try switching the outside wire connections which should be a ground and a power on the switch and see what happens. I'm not an electrician, but that's what I would try.

zambo

Nov 13, 2016
Sounds to me like you have the ground wire hooked to the terminal on the switch that is supposed to have the hot wire from the fuse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000