All UTV's Lighted Whip reccomendations

TTSH

Aug 23, 2011
What are peoples choice of lighted whips for a SXS?
Quik light?
Tribal Whip?
Safe Glo?
Sick Stick?

or any others?

Bart

UTVUnderground Approved
Dec 10, 2012
Canyon Lake, Ca.
Two of my buddies have a quik light...and they are not even close to being as bright as my safeglo...but the quik light looks a bit more flexible which might be more durable..

steino411

American Pride
Jan 3, 2011
San Diego
I rolled over my Safeglow, and all it did was slightly deform the plastic tube at the mount point. Still stands straight and solid.

az_amsoil

Amsoil Arizona - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 22, 2009
Another Quicklight here...

transcribed by carrier pigeon for Tapatalk

Kalop

XP900
May 3, 2013
Everyone over at rzr forum has hard on for Tribal Whips (I guess they're a sponsor) So I got one, one of their latest and greatest versions. Then when we went to Little Sahara, buddy picked up a SafeGlo at local shop... damn thing was much nicer than my Tribal ... and his flag didn't fly off the top within the 1st 15 minutes of his ride like my Tribal did.

I'd rec'd Safeglo.

mosslager

STEEEEEEEEKERZ - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 4, 2009
I run SafeGlo on all our rigs now. I like the high end billet mount that stays on the car.

Joey, does this billet mount come with them... I just ordered two 4' safeglos a few days ago and in all the pics on the site I ordered from, none showed the base or made it clear if I needed to order a special mount. I am waiting for them to arrive to see if I need to order anything else up.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com

mosslager

Nov 4, 2009
I saw that and wondered if it was needed or not to remove the whip for trailering or if I can use a weathepack connector. It looks like these require a wrench still which kinda takes the "quick" out of quick release. I'll see what shows up in the mail and go from there. Thx.

Also, Joey, will the Safeglo thread into one of these fold down mounts. I really liked this on my old whip for convenience.

SXSPerformance.com

Official UTVUnderground Sponsor
Nov 10, 2011
Ontario, CA
We run and sell the Sick Sticks, they have been super durable and very reliable for us. They use a small CB type spring mount that allows it to flex.

mosslager

Nov 4, 2009
I saw that and wondered if it was needed or not to remove the whip for trailering or if I can use a weathepack connector. It looks like these require a wrench still which kinda takes the "quick" out of quick release. I'll see what shows up in the mail and go from there. Thx.

Also, Joey, will the Safeglo thread into one of these fold down mounts. I really liked this on my old whip for convenience.

Got my new whips and as an FYI...these Stiffy fold down mounts work perfect with the Safeglo whips. I will post pix soon. The pic above is with another brand whip by Light'em Up

TREE68

too tall for the rzr
Aug 15, 2011
so cal
i have a wholesale account with safeglow, and went to highschool with bill rifner. he sold out to the other brother, and still has great service and customer support. i use all their products and am very happy.

mosslager

Nov 4, 2009
Just got my Safeglo's on..mounted using the Stiffy fold down mounts. Works great.

TREE68

too tall for the rzr
Aug 15, 2011
so cal
Just got my Safeglo's on..mounted using the Stiffy fold down mounts. Works great.

now thats basass right there. my new iphone wallpaper fosho.

actually i was gonna ask if you guys run 4 footers or 6 foot. i guess we were running 4 foot on the cage roof, or 6 foot if mounted at bed height.

mosslager

Nov 4, 2009

actually i was gonna ask if you guys run 4 footers or 6 foot. i guess we were running 4 foot on the cage roof, or 6 foot if mounted at bed height.
Thats what I do...a 6' on the roof looks funky to me but in the dunes is safer. For me and where I ride these are used more for identifying me from other SXSs at night from camp and for beverage break lighting as the two together light up a huge circle. Here is a 6' on the roof of my old RZR

RodSmith32

May 6, 2009

Are those the LED or Fiber Optic?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000