Lone Star Racing, Murray Motorsports and Can-Am Team up for UTV Racing

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com

Lone Star Racing, Murray Motorsports and Can-Am Team up for UTV Racing​

For immediate release

Lone Star Racing announces a sponsorship with Murray Motorsports racing their Can-Am for the 2012-2013 World Off Road Championship Series (WORCS). Lone Star will be providing their championship winning suspension components and support for the team. Lone Star has more than a few championship titles under their belts in the WORCS series in years past with racers like Doug Eichner, Chris Ward and Jeff Stambaugh, all winning championships piloting LSR suspended UTV’s in the WORCS series. Murray Motorsports will be running LSR’s proven line of long travel suspension kits on their newly built Can-Am Commander 800 and 1000 specifically for the WORCS series. Murray Motorsports has some very impressive results under their belts as well, like winning the 2012 Mint 400, the Henderson Desert Challenge, Silver State 300 and finishing 2nd place in the Baja 500. They are currently on a 17 consecutive desert finishing streak with over 4000 miles of desert racing behind them and are currently in the points lead in the BITD 1900 pro UTV class. Greg Frantz from Lone Star Racing stated, “It seemed like a natural fit to join up with the Murray race team and Can-Am. They both have a proven track record, and we are confident we can help them succeed in the WORCS series. We are excited to have these guys pushing our products to the limit, so we can make sure we have the best suspension kits out there and develop even better products for the future!â€

Look for the Murray Motorsports team to unveil their new WORCS Commander racer at the 2012 Sand Sports Super Show in Southern California on September 14-16th.

Check soon with Lone Star Racing and Murray Motorsports for exciting new suspension products and enhancements to come for the 2013 Can-Am product line.

About Lone Star Racing
Lone Star Racing is a production and custom manufacturer of the highest quality racing and recreational products for ATV's and UTV's. Having been in the business for almost 20 years, they have been producing race winning chassis and suspension components for all types of racing, ranging from the street to off road.

Their 45,000 sq ft facility in Mesa , AZ is home to many dedicated team members that provide life to the 23 CNC machining centers and 10 fabrication cells. They also have an in house powdercoating facility to finish their top notch products. LSR also offers installation and maintenance for your ATV and UTV needs by factory trained master technicians. www.lsracing.com

About Murray Motorsports
Murray Motorsports is an independent off-road race team based out of Southern California who races in Best In the Desert, SCORE, and other series with factory Can-Am X team. Drivers Jason and Derek Murray manage the team which was started in 2009. The team has successfully finished in 3rd place for 2010 and 2011 BITD seasons with numerous podium finishes. Video Action: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCLIukZamV0"]Can-Am Commander Side-By-Sides take 1st and 2nd place at the 2012 Mint 400 - YouTube[/ame] and website: www.murrayracing.com

Photo by Joey DiGiovanni of UTVUnderground.com

aaronjuarez

Aug 2, 2010
Congrats to Derek and Jason. LSR you guys are teamed with an awesome race team that will definatley push the limits of your product and I am sure it will hold up. You guys make a great product. Good luck to all parties involved

LSRGreg

#877 SR1 UTV - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 26, 2009
Thanks! We are very excited about this new partnership! Its time to see some Can-Am's up on the podium in the WORCS series!

G-

Flyingbryan

Jun 23, 2011
Sounds like the team is coming together.

Look forward to seeing you in action next year.

Bryan :cool:

dmurray

#1917 BITD - UTVUnderground Approved
Apr 13, 2010
Eastvale CA
www.murrayracing.com
Thanks everyone! We are super excited for the new opportunites and ventures for 2013. The WORCS Commaner build is coming along nicely at our race shop, and will be ready for testing shortly. Soon as we can we will put up some pictures, and video of the new ride.

Thanks to Lone Star for stepping up big, and providing support for the 2013 season!

dmurray

Apr 13, 2010
Eastvale CA
www.murrayracing.com
still up in the air? We haven’t gotten the final word from Can-Am. We will run the car as a 1000 in other races throughout the year just not sure what engine for WORCS :confused:. Should have an answer shortly.

MAGNUM OFFROAD

Official UTVUnderground Sponsor & Founder
I'm sure Can-Am would want to show that their 1000 is competitive against the Polaris XP's in the production 1000 class. It would make no sense for them to step down a class, it would make them look like they are scared to run with Polaris in the premier class IMO. Looking forward to seeing what you guys have been working on!

dmurray

Apr 13, 2010
Eastvale CA
www.murrayracing.com
I wouldn't say scared! Just more of a marketing thing. People don't realize that the Can-Am 800 is a fast machine!!! The only way to prove it is show it!! 1000? 800? Only time will tell? :D

MAGNUM OFFROAD

Official UTVUnderground Sponsor & Founder
I wouldn't say scared! Just more of a marketing thing. People don't realize that the Can-Am 800 is a fast machine!!! The only way to prove it is show it!! 1000? 800? Only time will tell? :D
I never said scared, it would just look as if Can-Am was conceding victory to Polaris in the 1000 class if they were to drop down to 850. Again, just my opinion, but I'm sure others would get the same impression. Strange marketing move for sure, but either way I'm a BIG Can-Am / Murray Racing fan and am looking forward to seeing them and you out on the track!

Hoping you guys are gonna come out guns-a-blazing with the new sport unit!!!:eek:

Brian B

Red Rotax - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
If this new release from Can-Am offers at the very least an easier platform to build HP, I will be joining you guys with a Lonestar "Commander" <----- I'm assuming?

Both parties came up big time with this deal! Congrats to all!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000