LOORS opening weekend. We will see who was right. Myself or a fyou Donkeys.

bluediamond

Jun 24, 2015
Last year I had a thread started about Polaris seemingly throwing in the towel at lucas oil and letting the YXZ drivers dominate without putting up much of a fight. Some if you said it didnt matter who was doing the driving , Yamaha would dominate either way. I argued that if Polaris put some effort into the lucas oil short course program by marching out some of thier guys it might be a more fair fight. Well, between Cody Rahders coming back out, Ronnie Anderson showing up again after a good start towards the end of last year and oh by the way, did you get a chance to get a peak at Guthries new Holz built, Hoosier shoed, lucas oil purpose built short coarse race car ? Im thinking someone in Minnesota decided getting thier ass kicked was bad for business and wanted to do somthing about it. This will be very interesting to me to see who comes out on top this weekend and im very much looking forward to this series. Im betting I was correct and one of those dudes will get a few wins this year. Will be even better racing when the XX gets in the mix in the fall. Cant wait.

Last edited:

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
It will be interesting. I personally think the redesigned track sucks, and since you are wide open most of the course it is a drag race with 2 turns you let off for momentarily.

tatum

Feb 10, 2009
arizona
Well Yamaha, Polaris, then Yamaha in the main. Brandon Aurther won pretty easily with Miles Cheek ( I hope I got his name right) 2nd followed by Dustin Nelson. Polaris did qualify 1st and 2nd and apparently they get to weigh significantly less than the Yamahas.

bluediamond

Jun 24, 2015
Well Yamaha, Polaris, then Yamaha in the main. Brandon Aurther won pretty easily with Miles Cheek ( I hope I got his name right) 2nd followed by Dustin Nelson. Polaris did qualify 1st and 2nd and apparently they get to weigh significantly less than the Yamahas.
Ill give the RZR drivers one more round to get thier cars dialed before I admit defeat with another complete stomping today by Yamaha. After watching this weelend ive come to the conlusion that I enjoy watching the UTV racing torc offers much much more. Only my opinion but its more exciting racing. I think mostly because Lucas Oil doesnt have a track lay out that comes close to ERX or Crandon. And the drivers are just as fast in that series.

Last edited:

tatum

Feb 10, 2009
arizona
I wouldn't expect you to admit defeat at the very beginning of the season or at all for that matter. I think it's cool that there's actually a rivalry now and not just a Polaris show, same with the desert racing. I didn't get there in time for the race today but quite frankly this track sucks. It is mostly just a freight train and passing usually only happens if someone makes a mistake or has a breakdown.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000