LOORS SO CAL XP900 HANG OUT THREAD

UTV Wolfpack

Aug 7, 2012

Joey its all good. With the help of great guys at Cognito Motorsports the car should be all fixed and ready for Glamis on thursday. Im also glad that Jason was able to walk away at the end of the day although a little beat up. I tried to talk to the guy after the race and ask him if he was ok but all i got was a bunch of swear words and dirty looks. Hes under the impression I cut him off but the video will answer that. What a great time and all and all im ready to do this. Hurry up Lake Elsinore
Its all good thank you for asking if I am ok. My knee,elbow and back is pretty messed up nothing a little time can't fix. Ya I know its not intentional I landed straight and my tire walked up the side of the car its all good thats racing. I am fortunate to walk away from that with some bruises, my helmet had some scraps on it from the panels actually hitting. I am stoked to see so many racers on the track. Our Teams hard work has turned into something big. I am glad I have a great team of guys behind me and a solid program I am sure i will be ready for the next race.

waytay

Get Outta MY Waytay - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Did all the sxs race together?? sr-1's etc..unlimited xp's...

Seaver

Jul 13, 2010
Boise ID
They ran the stock XP class alone since they had such a good car count.

Sorry some cars got torn up, glad your ok Jason.

This class is gonna be huge , many are still building cars and many will be buying cars after they see 20 cars showing up to do battle!

I'm looking forward to running the Utah opener in May.

waytay

Get Outta MY Waytay - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
I hear there may be a identical car to staggs almost finished:eek:

LORENZ

Lorenz Industries - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 11, 2009
I SEE THERE IS A RACE IN JUNE @ COCAPAH. (YUMA) ANYBODY RACING THAT ONE? I SEE IT IS DOUBLE POINTS. IT WILL BE HOT BUT IT SHOULD BE FUN.

Don't quote me on this, but that race lands on the same day as the SoCal Elsinore Race. Seeing as the SR1 class is a combination of both the SoCal and Az regionals, the plan was to make the Elsinore Race a no points race to allow us Ca guys to run the Yuma race on the same day. I don't know if this applies to the RZR Class as you guys don't have a program like the SR1 class that bring the two regions together.

Dirty

DIRTY iPhone Photog / Lucas Oil - UTVUnderground A
Feb 27, 2009
Murrieta CA
Don't quote me on this, but that race lands on the same day as the SoCal Elsinore Race. Seeing as the SR1 class is a combination of both the SoCal and Az regionals, the plan was to make the Elsinore Race a no points race to allow us Ca guys to run the Yuma race on the same day. I don't know if this applies to the RZR Class as you guys don't have a program like the SR1 class that bring the two regions together.

The SR1 class is the only non points class June 8 at the So Cal Regional, This was to allow for a great car count at the Optima Batteries SR1 championship in Yuma. Point WILL be awarded in the Walker Evans Stock XP900 Class June 8 at Glen Helen Raceway.

*Note- We will still allow the SR1s to race at the So Cal Regional for trophies and good times.

Thank you for supporting and racing the Lucas Oil Regional Series SoCal, Arizona, Utah and coming soon Reno!

http://www.lucasoilregional.com/schedule/

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
I had a great time at the So Cal Regionals. I was really impressed with the turn out. The racing action was great the stands were packed.

The XP Class had a lot of people talking. I heard teams saying "Yes, they are stock, except for safety they are stock." I heard a few times "Let’s get one and race, it looks like a great class". I hope to see more and more teams racing this class very soon. I would venture to say car counts could reach 40 by the end of the season. It’s time these UTV guys hook up a media company and start marketing yourself and get some legit sponsors lined up.

<O:pI would love to hear a full recap from all of the racers but we know that wont happen. But if you have a story please tell it. Tell us what got your blood pumping? Was this your 1st time racing? Tell us your whole story. <O:p

Dirty

Feb 27, 2009
Murrieta CA
I had a great time at the So Cal Regionals. I was really impressed with the turn out. The racing action was great the stands were packed.

The XP Class had a lot of people talking. I heard teams saying "Yes, they are stock, except for safety they are stock." I heard a few times "Let’s get one and race, it looks like a great class". I hope to see more and more teams racing this class very soon. I would venture to say car counts could reach 40 by the end of the season. It’s time these UTV guys hook up a media company and start marketing yourself and get some legit sponsors lined up.

<O:pI would love to hear a full recap from all of the racers but we know that wont happen. But if you have a story please tell it. Tell us what got your blood pumping? Was this your 1st time racing? Tell us your whole story. <O:p

Thanks for the positive comments Rusty. We put in work to provide a great track, the best safety teams, top tech officials at a reasonably entry fee.

We also work our Arses off to get the stands filled. Round 1 was awesome and we are pumped to see what our next round brings. To all the racers and UTVUndergroud fam help spread the good word on the Regional Series in So Cal, Arizona and Utah.

Dirty

Feb 27, 2009
Murrieta CA
This was in my email inbox this morning. Thanks Doug for the great write up.

Cody Rahders and the R3motorsports crew took advantage of a last minute opportunity to race a Polaris XP900 and put it on the podium at Round 1 of the Lucas Oil Regional Off Road Racing Series.
It started as a passing comment from JoeyD of the UTVunderground to race one of the Camp RZR XP’s from Polaris’s New Year bash, the idea grew and thanks to the crew at Magnum Offroad, they took a box stock RZR XP and turned out a race legal build in just three days.

The XP was picked up from Magnum Offroad at 3:30 on Friday afternoon, the car was so fresh the welds were still hot. Next stop was ITP Tires to pick up some fresh rubber and it was off to Glen Helen.
After Cody received his 2012 SuperLite Regional’s Championship Trophy the crew spent the rest of the night building wheels. Then at first light the ITP wheels/tires along with new Fox Podium Shox, Alba exhaust, K&N Intake, RacerX communications, restraints, numbers, and decals were all installed, the car was tech’d, and it was time to qualify.

To this point Cody had spent just one afternoon in the desert driving an XP shooting a tv commercial for Fox Shox so going out on track was a new experience. For the qualifier Cody lined up in approximately 15th and in 6 laps finished in 5th.
When the green flew for the main patients was the best plan as attrition would come into play, then once the field cleared itself Cody would restart from 3rd place at the mid race caution.
At the restart Cody spent two laps getting around 2nd then went after the leader however as the laps wore down he was unable to make much progress and ultimately finished out the main in 2nd place.

“We took a stock car that one day ago I had never seen before, Magnum built it out, we bolted on some go fast parts, and finished 2nd, I’m happy with that!†Said Cody after the race. “Now that we actually have some time to tune I can’t wait for round 2!â€
Cody Rahders and R3motorsports would like to thank all our sponsors their support.

Polaris, Magnum Offroad, JoeyD and the UTVunderground.com, Monster Energy, Fox Racing Shocks, Team Alba Racing, ITP Tires, Superchips, K&N Filters, Black Rhino, RacerX Motorsports, Lucas Oil, K1 Race Gear, Cognito Motorsports,SFI Design, Toyo Tires, American Star Racing, Frosty Burger Pine Valley, PAC Springs, TSW Electric, and our crew Nick Novak, Kevin Sullivan, and Troy Patterson.

Next Race, WORCS. March 23 at Lake Havasu.
Photo Credit, JDM-fotos.com, DIRTY M3DIA
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cody-Rahders-Racing/240033476073270

Doug Rahders
R3motorsports
619-887-8070

Cody Rahders
#816 WORCS 2012 Production 700 Champion
#16 LORORS 2012 SuperLite Champion
#16 LOORRS 2012 SuperLite 6th

Last edited:

BlackRhinoJessie

Black Rhino - Official UTVUnderground Sponsor
Oct 12, 2011
San Diego, CA
What a Weekend indeed!

34 Car count in the Heat race, the stands were full, and the Loors people were amazing!

This was a great first round! just want to say congrats to all the drivers it was a hell of a show.

Kilgore23

Dec 12, 2012
So the Staggs car was stock length? It looked like it had a longer wheel base, but I guess it was just the shorter cage that gave it that appearance. From the stands I thought for sure Staggs was going to be running in an open class.

staggs

Feb 20, 2011
So the Staggs car was stock length? It looked like it had a longer wheel base, but I guess it was just the shorter cage that gave it that appearance. From the stands I thought for sure Staggs was going to be running in an open class.
yes my wheel base is stock length, I was running all stock supension, even the stock shocks! I did have a cognito sway bar thats all.

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
I saw a Maverick in the photo's and was wondering if he was allowed to race in the stock XP class? Also did anybody race in the Unlimited UTV class?

tyler

Parkse5 - UTVUnderground Approved
May 27, 2009
mission viejo
I was the one who had that rzr built by Benchmark. It has stock dimensions but it is tubed in front. Honestly I sold the rzr because I thought it was overbuilt for the stock class and would have to run unlimited. I'm surprised its is legal for the stock class.:confused: Anyway I'm glad to see it ended up on top!

s2k1

Feb 27, 2009
Ramona, CA
www.benchmarkperformance.us
My shop, Benchmark Performance, is the original builder of the car Staggs is racing. We built the car in 2011 for the 1st owner, who never raced it. It was built to run in the Lucas Oil Big Show, before they announced it was no longer.
This car is stock length. You are correct, the seat drop and low overall height give it the appearance that is it is longer. This is a link to the original build.
http://www.utvunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8040

Here is what it looked like when we finished it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000