M4SX 1 Night of the Youngster

Grant@funco

Monster Energy / Funco Kawasaki - UTVUnderground A
Feb 8, 2009
Califorinia
The Young Guns killed the night !!

FUNCO went to the first round , not as a participant, but to support a new Customer car for the Wagon Burners young driver Tyler Winbury. The Teryx finished all the rounds without any mechanical issues .Despite the car being way off in the handling dept. and being pathetically underpowered Tyler did a great job driving to a 2ND place finish.

We will go back to work,find some speed and handling and Tyler should get his share of wins.

Congratulations to young Code Radders(sp?) He did a great job hustling his Rhino to the Mod Amateur win. Bright future for sure.

Top 2 in Mod Am, under 16 years old .

Pro Mod , Awesome racing. 16 year old R.J. Anderson dominated the night.
The Old Man Bobby made some great racing out of it but in the end 3 Young Guns stood atop the Podium .

Good job and Congratulations to RJ, Doug Mittag and Austin Kimbrell.

FernandezRacing

Off Road Swap Meet - UTVUnderground Approved Spons
Jan 15, 2009
Grant ,
You got that right the KIDS took the podium. Nice work on that teryx. Funco still putting in work..Nice job.

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
Code16 - Code Rahders
Alpine, CA - UTV Racer
1,341 point mark | 5,637 points
My Profile

For 2009 I am sponsored by; Hernandez Construction, Starving Racers.com, Ultra Boats, Hard Bargin Gear, Buggy Works, Picklex 20, & One Industries.
Racer support from Weller Racing, Lone Star Racing, SDHQ, & Black Rhino.
And love from the guys at utvUNDERGROUND.com

Thanks

My name is Code Rahders and Im 14 years old. I started racing motocross in 1999 at the age of 5 and playing baseball at 6. After many injuries including a broken femur and head, I decided to concentrate on baseball and stop racing MX for a while.

When I turned 13 I was done with baseball and told my mom that I wanted to start racing MX again. It only took her only one second to say "Ride dirt bikes all you want, race something with a cage." So we started looking at everything with a cage and settled on UTVs. My parents bought a Yamaha Rhino and my dad and I entered the Elsinore GP. We went into the first turn with 36 other UTVs and were hooked. My dad and I built up the Rhino and I raced it in the Super Stock class with M4SX (thanks Ken) and any other race my parents can find like the Elsinore GP, Soboba GP, Podium Productions MX, and DnD Tour.

Our family has had a lot of fun over the last year, Ive won a couple of motos, won the pole twice, and won two overalls and even won some money at one of them, had two second overalls and finished the season in 6th out of 20 at M4SX in the Super Stock class.

For 2009 we are racing a new car in Mod Amateur with the M4SX series, Ricky Johnson Off Road GP series, Stateline Supermoto, anything elss that looks fun and fits, that is if my grades are good, I have to keep a B average or I dont race.

Go to Codes racer page and become a fan.

http://www.starvingracers.com/racer-Code16

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
COngrats to all the racers!!! You all put on a great show!! It was nice talking to all of you, thanks to all of you for showing the UTVUnderground support!!!

I want to give special props also to Code who did a really good job handleing that Machine. It wasnt even close!

I also want to give props to Austin Kimbrel Kimbrel607 here in the Underground for pulling a motor swap after the last qualifying round to race the Final and get atop the podium. If that motor hadnt failed he could have really competed for the top spot...his car definitley has a little somethin somethin!

Tough break for Bobby who lost a wheel in the final, after pulling a front dif swap, he too was really moving!!

RJ Anderson, HOLY CRAP! That RZR is a BEAST! What a great driver...talk about a young kid with some potential......WOW!

Doug Mittag! That kid is also a stud, did work in that SDR RZR!!! Props to CHad, and his whole posse there in the pits!! They had work to do on the 55 Teryx that kept losing wheels! LOL But held on to make a finish in the Main!

Kayla SMith, tough breaks girl! Keep at it, good things are coming your way!!!

Bronco Dan Kelly, great guy right there!! Tough brak blowing the head gasket ont he Kawi motor...

Tyler Windbury, The son of DUNERIDER, did a hell of a job in that brand new FUNCO Teryx!

Chris Blaise in that HRT RZR was holding it down!! It was nice meeting you, way to get out there and have fun!!

Team Weller! Showed up and had fun, Cory had some bad luck in the main which was a bummer but kind of how the ball bounces in racing!! You know they will be back!!

Special props to AZCourt......What a great guy! Rockin the Underground, getting spun out but still finishing!! Great job Court!!!

I know I am forgetting some of you, as I rememer I will give you your props! Thanks again for all the great racing!!!

Tough Break for Troy (C&C RHino here on UTVUnderground) who was helping his brother in his Staduim Truck...he was SMOKING Kyle Laduc in that main, racing his a$$ off and then ended up flipping and rolling his truck pretty gnarly!! We though he was done but oh no! He fired that sucker up and finished the race still finishing ahead of 3 other trucks!!! That was a hell of a show!!

Ken and Travs at M4SX, thanks for all the hospitality! You guys were awesome!!! Great venue and a great event! Cant wait until the next one!!!!!

Pics to come........................

Last edited by a moderator:

Austin Kimbrell

Monster Energy Kawasaki - UTVUnderground Team Driv
Jan 27, 2009
Arizona ASU
COngrats to all the racers!!! You all put on a great show!! It was nice talking to all of you, thanks to all of you for showing the UTVUnderground support!!!

I want to give special props also to Code who did a really good job handleing that Machine. It wasnt even close!

I also want to give props to Austin Kimbrel Kimbrel607 here in the Underground for pulling a motor swap after the last qualifying round to race the Final and get atop the podium. If that motor hadnt failed he could have really competed for the top spot...his car definitley has a little somethin somethin!
Tough break for Bobby who lost a wheel in the final, after pulling a front dif swap, he too was really moving!!

RJ Anderson, HOLY CRAP! That RZR is a BEAST! What a great driver...talk about a young kid with some potential......WOW!

Doug Mittag! That kid is also a stud, did work in that SDR RZR!!! Props to CHad, and his whole posse there in the pits!! They had work to do on the 55 Teryx that kept losing wheels! LOL But held on to make a finish in the Main!

Kayla SMith, tough breaks girl! Keep at it, good things are coming your way!!!

Bronco Dan Kelly, great guy right there!! Tough brak blowing the head gasket ont he Kawi motor...

Tyler Windbury, The son of DUNERIDER, did a hell of a job in that brand new FUNCO Teryx!

Chris Blaise in that HRT RZR was holding it down!! It was nice meeting you, way to get out there and have fun!!

Team Weller! Showed up and had fun, Cory had some bad luck in the main which was a bummer but kind of how the ball bounces in racing!! You know they will be back!!

Special props to AZCourt......What a great guy! Rockin the Underground, getting spun out but still finishing!! Great job Court!!!

I know I am forgetting some of you, as I rememer I will give you your props! Thanks again for all the great racing!!!

Tough Break for Troy (C&C RHino here on UTVUnderground) who was helping his brother in his Staduim Truck...he was SMOKING Kyle Laduc in that main, racing his a$$ off and then ended up flipping and rolling his truck pretty gnarly!! We though he was done but oh no! He fired that sucker up and finished the race still finishing ahead of 3 other trucks!!! That was a hell of a show!!

Ken and Travs at M4SX, thanks for all the hospitality! You guys were awesome!!! Great venue and a great event! Cant wait until the next one!!!!!

Pics to come........................

hey thanks a lot Joey.

if it wasent for all the great help i had it would never have happened i would like to thank weller racing for building a great motor and also for helping us change the motor out of our pit rhino and getting it in to the race rhino. also like to thank xmf for the great suspension getting me around the track. The car took every jump like a champ there wasnt any jump on the track that i couldnt hit as hard as i can. also like to thank Kimbrell Electric for getting me to the track and taking care of every thing AKA (DAD) but all in all what a great weekend cant wait till next month to go out with another podium and have to UTVUNDERGROUND logo on the car!!!!!:D

great meeting you Joey!

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
Hey thanks Grant, Joey, Rusty, & Family, we were very happy with the way he drove and are very happy with the car. We made a couple of small changes after the last Monster Jam race to make the car fit him better since the guy we bought it from was 6'6" & Codes all of 4'13"...;) we cant even find a fire suit that fits him right.

Tylers Teryx sure looked pretty but I know theres more power there, new cars are the best.

Hope everyone is able to make R2.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000