Mammoth Lakes Aug 1st-8th 2012

RZRluvr

La Familia Baby!
Feb 21, 2011
Anaheim,CA
Hello Family members,
We will be making our annual trip to Mammoth Lakes August 1st through atleast the 8th to enjoy some great riding, camping, fishing, kayaking and just plain relaxing. All are welcome and we would love to have ya:) We will be camping near Big Spring campground off Owens River Rd on Forest Rd 2S85. There are tons and tons of things to do. There are hundreds of miles of trails to ride through the Eastern Sierras, numerous lakes and rivers to swim, fish, boat or kayak in. Lots of great hikes and sightseeing and best of all, the Town of Mammoth is only 6 miles down the road and it has endless entertainment possibilities. Everything from dinner, dancing, shopping, resturants, clubs or just hanging out in town square listening to live jazz music over a cold beer or glass of wine.
Here are some pics of last years trip to give ya a quick glance of the beauty.
Hope some of you can join us!

The directions are as follows-----
1. From the 395 Turn East onto Owens River Rd. Owens River Rd is about 7 miles North of Route 203 (Mammoth Lakes Turnoff)
2. Go 2.4 miles and turn Right onto Forest Rd 2S85
3. Stay on 2S85 for 1 mile and you will see camp on your right.

Now that was easy!!:D

Notes.....
As your driving down Owens River Rd about 1.5 miles in, you will start to go down a small grade SLOW WAY DOWN cause Big Spring Rd will quickly come up on your left and then 1/2 mile after Big Spring Rd you will be turning Right onto 2S85.
The GPS for the intersection of Owens River Rd and 2S85 is....
37 44' 58.37 N
118 55' 55.96 W

And then the GPS for the campsite on the 2S85 is.....
37 44' 31.10 N
118 56' 53.47 W

Also if you need to fill up fresh water, just to the South of Owens River Rd on the 395 there is a Rest Stop that is very large and has 3 water fill-up points. 2 by the buildings on the northside of the lot and one on the southside of the lot.
Also I will place large Orange traffic cones at the intersection of Owens River Rd and Forest Rd 2S85 just so ya know your at the right place:)
One more quick note....
The right turn onto 2S85 is not a U turn but close. This won't be a problem for trailers and 5er's but a large MoHo with a trailer may take a back up or two:D Here are some pics of the road to camp, Google maps and some of the surrounding area:D

<TABLE id=ncode_imageresizer_warning_1 class=ncode_imageresizer_warning width=800><TBODY><TR><TD class=td1 width=20>
</TD><TD class=td2 unselectable="on"></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Comming up on 2S85 on right
<TABLE id=ncode_imageresizer_warning_2 class=ncode_imageresizer_warning width=800><TBODY><TR><TD class=td1 width=20>

<TABLE id=ncode_imageresizer_warning_3 class=ncode_imageresizer_warning width=800><TBODY><TR><TD class=td1 width=20>

View of right turn onto 2S85
<TABLE id=ncode_imageresizer_warning_4 class=ncode_imageresizer_warning width=800><TBODY><TR><TD class=td1 width=20>
</TD><TD class=td2 unselectable="on">This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 287KB.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Head on down the road
<TABLE id=ncode_imageresizer_warning_5 class=ncode_imageresizer_warning width=800><TBODY><TR><TD class=td1 width=20>
</TD><TD class=td2 unselectable="on">This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 279KB.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Stay straight on 2S85 (It is old asphalt most of the way)
<TABLE id=ncode_imageresizer_warning_6 class=ncode_imageresizer_warning width=800><TBODY><TR><TD class=td1 width=20>
</TD><TD class=td2 unselectable="on">This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 255KB.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Keep going!
<TABLE id=ncode_imageresizer_warning_7 class=ncode_imageresizer_warning width=800><TBODY><TR><TD class=td1 width=20>
</TD><TD class=td2 unselectable="on">This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 271KB.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

And going!
<TABLE id=ncode_imageresizer_warning_8 class=ncode_imageresizer_warning width=800><TBODY><TR><TD class=td1 width=20>
</TD><TD class=td2 unselectable="on">This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 192KB.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Getting closer!
<TABLE id=ncode_imageresizer_warning_9 class=ncode_imageresizer_warning width=800><TBODY><TR><TD class=td1 width=20>
</TD><TD class=td2 unselectable="on">This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 206KB.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Almost!
<TABLE id=ncode_imageresizer_warning_10 class=ncode_imageresizer_warning width=800><TBODY><TR><TD class=td1 width=20>
</TD><TD class=td2 unselectable="on">This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 220KB.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Finally:D
Here is a map overview of the area.
<TABLE id=ncode_imageresizer_warning_11 class=ncode_imageresizer_warning width=800><TBODY><TR><TD class=td1 width=20>
</TD><TD class=td2 unselectable="on">This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1023x564 and weights 144KB.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE id=ncode_imageresizer_warning_12 class=ncode_imageresizer_warning width=800><TBODY><TR><TD class=td1 width=20>
</TD><TD class=td2 unselectable="on">This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 133KB.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Rest Stop
<TABLE id=ncode_imageresizer_warning_13 class=ncode_imageresizer_warning width=800><TBODY><TR><TD class=td1 width=20>
</TD><TD class=td2 unselectable="on">This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 303KB.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Water

Mammoth Lakes 2012 Camp List

1. George & Kathy (1st-8th)
2. Jim & Melissa (1st-8th)
3. Tomcav, Family, Friends and Pops
4. Kyle & Michelle
5. Lardoggy & Friend (1st-8th)
6. Trukndave (1st-5th)
7. Bagman
8. Bob & Linda (1st-8th)
9. Simi Dude (1st-8th)
10. XPirate (1st-5th)
11. Grampsride (Maybe)
12. Sandman (Mike & Wife 3rd-6th)
13. SpeedyAngie
14. Grumpy (1st-8th)
15. Debbie & Mike
16. Ella, Dennis and Friends
17. Boonedog69 (Dan) (2nd-5th)
18. Luis & Heidi
19. GOVACHO
20. Jershum (2nd-6th)
21. Papa Bear ( Shackin up at the Mammoth Inn)

Ok folks, 20 is gonna be our limit for the camping area. There are a lot of maybes, so if peeps drop off we will fill there spots with others.

**** INPORTANT FYI**** THERE IS A FIRE BAN FOR THE INYO NATIONAL FOREST AND MAMMOTH AREA FOR THE REMAINDER OF THIS SEASON. JIM HAS A VERY NICE PROPANE FIREPIT SO IS ANYONE HAS EXTRA PROPANE TANKS, PLEASE BRING THEM IF YOU CAN. WE BURN THROUGH ABOUT A 20# TANK OR SO EACH EVENING.

Last edited:

RZRluvr

La Familia Baby!
Feb 21, 2011
Anaheim,CA
Is the camp ground first come first serve?
Sorry Papa! With all the work schedules, this week seemed to work the best.
As for camp, it's not a developed camp it's free dispersed camping in the forest. The area appears to be an old logging camp. So yes it's a free for all:D

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
Im in. I will probably be staying up the road at June lake and just leave my rzr with you guys that week.

RZRluvr

La Familia Baby!
Feb 21, 2011
Anaheim,CA
nice pics... maybe we can get away for this trip.
That would be awesome Kyle! You guys will love it:D

Im in. I will probably be staying up the road at June lake and just leave my rzr with you guys that week.
Just remember to leave the key in it:eek:

so I'm told I'm up u know what creek if I miss the bday.... So If I can make it I'll be in for 4-8
We'll take it easy on ya:D Great trip for the Jeepster:D

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
Thanks , But if we went it would be payed for by maxxes studding services :eek: Will see how work is going for me at that time .You guys are the best ! :)
I'll even pump the gas for you!! (I'll pitch in too):D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000