Mark Turner needs your advice

Monstrosity

Turner Racing - UTVUnderground Team Driver
Apr 19, 2010
Arizona
www.daystarweb.com
Hello ALL!
<O:p</O:p

Yep it’s me on the one year Anniversary of getting out of the Hospital from the SR1 Crash. After 16 surgeries I have gotten 40% use of my left hand and I am so very happy! I would like to thank you all for your thoughts, prayers, and comments while this was going on.<O:p</O:p

Now to Happy things. It’s time for me to start having fun again and I am looking for all of your advice. I want to buy a new UTV and to be honest I have no idea which one to buy. So I figured this was the best place to start! Below is the list of what I want and the type of use.

Riding:
80% Trails
10% Roads
10% Sand, Just to watch others zip around

Items I want and in the order:<O:p</O:p
#1 Safest, you can figure that part out :)
#2 Dependable<O:p</O:p
#3 Comfort<O:p</O:p
#4 Ability to carry gear<O:p</O:p
#5 Low end torque, no need for super-fast any more.<O:p</O:p
#6 Quite<O:p</O:p
#7 Looks
#8 2 or 4 seats

I really look forward to everyone’s advice and I will let you all know what I get.<O:p</O:p

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
right on! git back on that horse!!!!!

i would say the Kawi T4. you could remove the rear seats and make more room to hold gear. the extra 9" or so in wheel base really helps out over the rough stuff. power steering is a big plus, but you can add that to any SXS.

good luck on your search for the right UTV for you and your terrain.

rockstarcustomz

RoCkStAr CuStOm MoToRsPoRtS - UTVUnderground Appro
Sep 16, 2009
Lake Havasu City, AZ
The RZR 4 is not the safest without adding a safe cage and harnesses. We have one in the shop now that rolled in the sand. The passenger seat came loose during a rollover. Thankfully she didnt come out of the car. But suspension and motor are great. Just my 2 cents. :)

BOBONTHIS

#64 PRO UTVUNDERGROUND RACER - UTVUnderground Appr
Jan 27, 2009
Mesa, AZ
Mark, come drive my Teryx 4. Very roomy & plenty of power. We pre- ran at KOH with out a single problem. Good Luck Bob V.

dezerteryx

Jun 13, 2010
san marcos
i would recommend the T4, i have driven on in the dunes and it works great right out of the box and 4 full size adults can fit very comfortably, I'm 6'5" and i fit nicely.

dezerteryx

Jun 13, 2010
san marcos
You can't knock it unless you have driven a t4. Being that the wheel base is 20+ inches shorter than a xp 4 it's a better trail rig and cost nearly 6k less

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

dezerteryx

Jun 13, 2010
san marcos
sorry but numbers are useless but if you did go by them they are pretty close except in Wheel travel numbers but for the money you save in the T4 that can easily be solved with LT. as far as weight like mentioned above rather have a heavier stronger frame then end up like the picture above. now if you want to get really into it look at the size of the drive line components used in the t4 vs xp4 the t4 is superior. i have had the chance to ride and drive both and for what he has post in the original question as he does 80% trails the T4 would work better as he's said he wasn't looking for speed.

dezerteryx

Jun 13, 2010
san marcos
Don't disagree with anything posted, and if you show up at one of our many rides, you would be welcome NO MATTER what you drive! But off the show room floor without adding all the extras you can't beat POLARIS! It rides better, it has more power (Important in sand), it weighs lees (Important in sand), you can't beat it on the trail, and they don't turn over as easy! You need power with weight and you can't argue with the Power to Weight ratio! The OP wanted opinions and he is getting them! I love this entire industry and if he ends up with a Gator he will be happy, but Kawasaki guys ARE BLIND and LOYAL to a fault! ;):rolleyes::cool:
i agree with ya when it comes to the power and will be on one of those ride if this baby makes up his mind if he is coming out or staying in a little longer, until then I'm stuck to sticking close to home. i actually had my car up for sale a was going to get an xp 4(not so blind or loyal) but the one thing i couldn't get past is how they wanted nearly 6k more for eps, two seats, and a couple more feet of frame over the 2 seat XP.

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
I applaud Polaris for raising the bar in the sport UTV market and hopefully others will follow.Now take the cage off of your Polaris and drive around and you will know why they are light weight.Also they are cramped inside unless it is 2 small people and I believe Mark was looking for roomy.I would take Reid up on his offer and try out the T4.They are very well built with Kawi reliability thats hard to beat.My .02

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
If cruising and comfort is your desire then the T4 is the way to go. While the RZR XP is the easy choice for go fast riding out of the box the T4 offers comfort and ergonomics that Polaris has yet to achieve. The T4s power steering, bucket seats, automotive styling, and room for us big guys it's tge easy choice. It does amazing in the dunes despite what some may think and in the dirt it's smooth as can be. While I like many UTVs (obviously) I would recommend the T4 over the XP based upon Marks needs and size.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000