All UTV's Mark Turner needs your prayers

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Update from Daystar on Mark Turner!

As many people know, Daystar CEO Mark Turner was injured last month in a racing accident at the Lucas Oil ASCC regional short course race. His injuries were quite serious, including a shattered left arm and a broken shoulder blade. After a lengthy stay in the hospital and several surgeries, we are pleased to report that Mark is out of the hospital and officially on the mend. He is currently in an assisted living center so that his wounds can be closely monitored to avoid infection and so that he can focus on rehabilitation for his arm. Mark is expected to return home in another week or so, but he has a lot of physical therapy in his future. Fortunately, the prognosis remains good. Mark remains in good spirits, and his positive, "go get 'em" nature has served him well throughout his ordeal. Friends and co-workers visit him regularly, and he particularly brightens up when these visits include tacos and other food brought in from the "outside." Mark has been overwhelmed by the thoughts, prayers, and support offered by friends from throughout the automotive industry and beyond, and he offers everyone a heart-felt thank-you in return.

Meanwhile, Daystar is very much business as usual. Now in the thick of the spring rush, Daystar is cranking out products like never before. Mark assembled a very capable team when he took the helm at Daystar, and it is this same team that continues to make things run smoothly. Even so, everyone at Daystar is looking forward to Mark's return.

Monstrosity

Turner Racing - UTVUnderground Team Driver
Apr 19, 2010
Arizona
www.daystarweb.com
Hey Everyone!

I just wanted to drop a quick line and thank everyone for your thoughts and prayers. It must be working. It is true that you never never know how many friends you have until something like this happens. This is why I enjoy this industry and community.

I did have some issues come up so I will not be going home for a week or so, but I am getting better in other areas. Getting the 380 staples out was a nice start.

The Doctors are saying I will have a ways to go. I considered this a challenge. I am sure that I will not be able to race again. In a few months I look forward to being back at the track and events cheering you all on. I have meet so many good people in THE UTV UNDERGROUND.

Thanks again for everything, the kind words really mean a lot to my wife Sue and I. I hope to see you all soon.

Mark Turner

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
Glad to hear you are on the mend and hope you get home soon.Best wishes

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Hey Mark! Whether you ever race or not again the important thing is we all have you here with us in life! It was so scary to hear the news and initial concerns and rumors. I can remember that Saturday evening, heading to dinner with my wife and a couple friends and getting the text messages of your accident. My heart sank for you and your family. I am just so happy to see you are recovering. Please keep in touch with us and I look forward to seeing you again here soon!!!

Mark Turner is the man!!!!!

LSRGreg

#877 SR1 UTV - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 26, 2009
Great to hear Mark!! Glad your on your way to recovery!

G-

Dirty

DIRTY iPhone Photog / Lucas Oil - UTVUnderground A
Feb 27, 2009
Murrieta CA
Hey Mark,

Hope to see a speedy recovery. The guy's over here at Lucas Oil want to see you in your new custom SR1 that has been built for you! Talk to you soon.

Best Regards
Dirty

AZCourt

AZ's Finest - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 11, 2009
Great to see you post mark. Glad to hear your getting better, sure it's a long road ahead, keep your spirits up!!

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Glad to hear your recovering well Mark, Justin and I was just talking about you at lunch the other day....Wondering why there had been no updates....get well soon!!!!

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
Good to see you post Mark. Was talking to Todd Olet about you at the AZCC race and he said you were pretty rough. Hopefully things get better for you quickly. We love having you at the races wether you're racing or just hangin out. You're a huge asset to our UTV community.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000