Maverick Post Filter

Glamisfan

Oct 26, 2009
imperial valley
When I pick up the Maverick, the salesman told me about a precleaner that came with the Maverick that I could install if I wanted. Then the sales setup guy came out and tried to tell me that this prefilter would be installed where the CVT intake was. He thought that the CVT intake was the engine intake and I told him that was wrong, go to YouTube and watch the videos CanAm put up, and it clearly shows that location to be the CVT intake so he scratched his head and said, "Hmmm, why doesn't CanAm show us these videos?" We then took off the hood, removed the airbox lid, and figured out where this filter goes. At that time I figured out that it was a POSTfilter and not a PREfilter. The main filter is a pleated filter like on any new vehicle. The postfilter is an oiled foam filter that traps any silt that makes its way through the main filter. This is an excellent design and really shows their attention to detail. The instructions say to clean the postfilter and relube it after every 100 miles or so.View attachment 8740View attachment 8741View attachment 8742View attachment 8743View attachment 8744

Attachments

RZRluvr

La Familia Baby!
Feb 21, 2011
Anaheim,CA
That's awesome! Thanks Steve. I hope to have mine before KOH. Quick question, are the yellow plastics painted or molded in yellow plastic? Would love to have it painted right away:D

poflo

Jan 3, 2011
Boy, I see some easy HP gain from changing all that air cleaner maze :eek:

Last edited:

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
I bet the weller intake set up for the commander would work on the Maverick. Getting rid of that intake could get some extra hp!

Nice to see Can Am improved the air box.

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
Trying to find a way to get a couple gallons over here to California to spray my truck. Plasti-dip would be a cool idea on the Maverick.
Have it shipped to my house in Scottsdale Az. And I can bring it out on one of trips over. Im out there every other week.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000