Miller canyon burned down by turbo rzr

dmcmark

Apr 20, 2012
All indications are that it is not a naturally caused fire. Totally understand managing undergrowth, but if the fire is intense enough to reach the tree tops then all is lost. The area is and has always been very dry and is much more so with the years of drought. If there is a recovery it will happen very slowly and some areas may not recover at all.
We should use this to educate and inform....

You bring up a valid point about having a fire extinguisher on board.... What annoys me is that many are about looks and vanity buying fancy mounts to show them off. They mount them in locations where more than likely the fire will start, and are difficult to access. Ask yourself, in the event of a roll over or crash and you can't exit the vehicle quickly is your extinguisher within hands reach? If you can't reach it is it mounted in a places that others can reach it easily and away from the most likely fire source? Have you taken the time to go over the proper use of the extinguisher with family and friends that ride with you?
Regards,

Rynomx785

Jun 21, 2015
Wickenburg, AZ
I saw a video a while back of guy who emptied an extinguisher on a RZR that was on fire and I don't think it even slowed the fire down.

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
You're spot on Mark. As for the Santa Ana's, I think that would be the best thing right now. It would turn the fire back on itself and they could probably stop it. Right now it's within a mile of hundreds of homes and is marching North/Northwest right at them. I'm about 2 miles from it, directly in it's path. If it hits those homes (The Mesa in Hesperia) game over. It will run right through them like a hot knife through butter. We have sustained winds of 18mph with gusts to 25 right now. In the picture below, the top is north. The winds are out of the SSE. We will definitely be on the 5 O'clock news if it gets the houses. The red area is a mandatory evacuation, yellow voluntary. My house is the X. This sucks.

upload_2016-8-9_12-29-12.jpeg

Reactions: JoeyD23

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
My pops just went to Hesperia Lakes where they've got the road blocked and talked to a firefighter. They told him they're winning! (Yea!) and I just went to the inciniweb page and it looks like we are now voluntary again. Couldn't tell me that by how much smoke is here, but hey, I'll take their word for it! Here's the inciniweb link for those interested... http://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/4932/

Thanks for thinking about me and the rest of us poor schleps over here! These firefighters are doing an amazing job. Most of them have been fighting the Big Sur fire and came down here. My hats off to all of them and a big La Familia THANK YOU!!!!

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
http://abc7.com/news/evacuations-ordered-as-1500-acre-wildfire-erupts-near-silverwood-lake/1460531/

Thanks Polaris. Thanks for the awesome quality control. Thanks for being greedy.
All those profits are up in flames now.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Plumber. So who owns this RZR? Has it been 100% confirmed it was a RZR that's started this?

Reality is, if it was we are all affected by this. It's not helping anyone to really be talking about this unless it's 100% a fact that RZR being posted around is in fact the one that caused the fire. You would think the owner would have been identified, not that they should be in trouble but in SoCal and all these sites you would think someone should know the guy.

Reactions: Rayc30 and jajl22

Plumber

Ridin' Dirty
Jun 26, 2012
Apple Valley
Plumber. So who owns this RZR? Has it been 100% confirmed it was a RZR that's started this?

Reality is, if it was we are all affected by this. It's not helping anyone to really be talking about this unless it's 100% a fact that RZR being posted around is in fact the one that caused the fire. You would think the owner would have been identified, not that they should be in trouble but in SoCal and all these sites you would think someone should know the guy.
Someone doesnt want to give up their friend to the feds. Thats all. We have enough pictures to identify the machine its really not that hard.
I am not going to sit here and make stuff up, especially when I have a BRAND SPANKIN NEW XPT4 sitting in my garage as a paperweight.

Reactions: JoeyD23

grumpysrzr4

Godspeed John Berry - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Feb 22, 2011
Huntington Beach

joey go back to page one of this thread to my post.

cocojoe

May 14, 2012
When there is a vehicle fire the goal is to put it out before it engulfs the whole vehicle, automatic fire suppresion systems should be mandatory on all race cars, and should be also used on play cars. We put automatic fire suppresion systems on all of the race cars that we build, whether the owner wants it or not. If a car leaves our shop it's going to be as safe as it can be. If anyone is interested contact us at Suspended Fabrication at 760 780-8960 and we can hook you up

Reactions: Plumber

Rzrcsi

La Familia
Jun 18, 2012
Central Cal.
The bottom line is even if it was a RZR we don't know why it caught on fire. May have had nothing to do with recall or fault of Polaris. Hopefully some day we will find out all the facts but in the mean time it is only speculation.

Also, if the driver/owner wasn't doing anything wrong they have nothing to worry about with "the Feds."

Dan, I hope all is still well with you.

Plumber

Ridin' Dirty
Jun 26, 2012
Apple Valley

New bolt in system from Safecraft we got. It is thermal operated, halon system that will extinguish an engine fire. This particular unit is made for the RZR but they make them for all Sxs
I just received an email from safecraft. Anyone know where I can buy this from a vendor.

Plumber

Ridin' Dirty
Jun 26, 2012
Apple Valley
I think Polaris should provide every rzr owner one of these systems. And from now on all new utvs should automatically have one of these systems in place. For $438 bucks retail, they could buy 133,000 of them for probably $250. Just saying

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000