Miller canyon camp and ride. Saturday and Sunday April 12th and 13th.

Plumber

Ridin' Dirty
Jun 26, 2012
Apple Valley
Like the title says. Who wants to camp and ride up at Miller canyon next to silverwood?
April 12th and 13th.
Adventure pass required to park at the staging area.
Day pass is $5
Annual is $30 + $5 for a second vehicle for the year. You can get daily passes at the 76 gas station at the 138 and 15 fwy. Or you can go to big 5 for either.
Saturdays ride leaves out at 9 am
Sundays ride leaves out at 10 am

Attachments

Last edited:

Plumber

Ridin' Dirty
Jun 26, 2012
Apple Valley

For Saturday the ride will take us from the forest to the desert.
Here is the planned route. Its the route marked in orange.
Ride leaves out at 9:00am

Last edited:

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
Enjoy it while you can. Not too many camping days left for Miller... I hate the f'n tree huggers and Forest Service. Everybody gets their land, what the hell are we, non-existent?

This country is a goddamn mess right now. I'm glad I'm on the down side and won't be around for too much more of this bullshit. I'm tired of fighting, I'm just going to start doing what and when I want to do it, and they can all kiss my big fat white ass.:mad:

http://www.fs.usda.gov/wps/portal/fsinternet/!ut/p/c5/04_SB8K8xLLM9MSSzPy8xBz9CP0os3gDfxMDT8MwRydLA1cj72BTUwMTAwgAykeaxRtBeY4WBv4eHmF-YT4GMHkidBvgAI6EdIeDXIvfdrAJuM3388jPTdUvyA2NMMgyUQQAyrgQmg!!/dl3/d3/L2dJQSEvUUt3QS9ZQnZ3LzZfS000MjZOMDcxT1RVODBJN0o2MTJQRDMwODQ!/?project=36509

Plumber

Ridin' Dirty
Jun 26, 2012
Apple Valley
Enjoy it while you can. Not too many camping days left for Miller... I hate the f'n tree huggers and Forest Service. Everybody gets their land, what the hell are we, non-existent?

This country is a goddamn mess right now. I'm glad I'm on the down side and won't be around for too much more of this bullshit. I'm tired of fighting, I'm just going to start doing what and when I want to do it, and they can all kiss my big fat white ass.:mad:

http://www.fs.usda.gov/wps/portal/f...ZOMDcxT1RVODBJN0o2MTJQRDMwODQ!/?project=36509

The real problem with Miller Canyon has nothing to do with an environmental impact in the area. After reading the several proposed actions to take in the area, the upland west staging area is where the staging currently is, but will be confined to the more open area. Keeping you from parking near the trees. Removing any capabilty of camping there. Silverwood Lake recreational area is the culprit. They began the lobbying to have Miller canyon shut down. Its all about money. If you can camp at Miller with an adventure pass other than Silverwood at something like 50 bucks a night, you save money while they lose money in their eyes. Eventhough you cant ride motorcycles out of silverwood.
I like how the comment period only lasts a month and one commentor mentioned that finding out info on this subject was unavailable and unannounced to public. Links were broken, etc.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000