MILLRRER/PINNACLES (WIDENING OF GATES''

onerich

The Carpenter - UTVUnderground's La familia
Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
The rangers of the SBNF or thinking of making the gate/poles at the pinnacles wider to help with keeping UTV's on the trail and not to go off trail to get around the poles if there car has long travel and is wider then 71''3/4 . With that being said they don't want to open the poles to wide so street legal vehicles will use it . So this is were we can help by giving info . I'm guessing about 76'' might work but again I'm guessing So if your interested on helping just go out an measure the width of your car . ''THANK YOU IN ADVANCE''

All the cars in the pix fit just fine , but the are mostly stock suspension also these pix were taken before the helmet law .

Last edited:

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
I think 76" is the magic number. If you are any wider than that, then you must be driving a Chevy Tahoe..... just sayn ;)

T-wrecks

Apr 7, 2011
Corona CA
Pete's and my cars are similar width. I think it's 72" or so. The problem I've had their before is sometimes the trail is eroded away as you go thru which makes the car lean to one side almost making my doors or cage scrape.

onerich

The Carpenter - UTVUnderground's La familia
Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
Pete's and my cars are similar width. I think it's 72" or so. The problem I've had their before is sometimes the trail is eroded away as you go thru which makes the car lean to one side almost making my doors or cage scrape.
Yes I have seen that many of times and can give a car say 2''or 3'' out of plumb which changes things . But if the gates/poles were at 76'' but the top of of the poles was to be cut down that would help ,other then making a level concrete pad at the crossing point . Just ideas

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
Yes I have seen that many of times and can give a car say 2''or 3'' out of plumb which changes things . But if the gates/poles were at 76'' but the top of of the poles was to be cut down that would help ,other then making a level concrete pad at the crossing point . Just ideas
Make it 90". I'm gonna need it :cool:

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
Sounds like a great project to get the gates opened up a bit and keep everyone "on trail". I know the ohv management people up there want to protect the trail system for all of us and this feedback is very helpful.

GOVACHO

Nov 8, 2011
Riverssippi
I'm not sure what my width will end up. but I'll find out. Ill have Nate check it out and get back to me, but if I'm correct I'll be right at 76" I think.

coolcat

May 18, 2013
Chino,CA
The rangers of the SBNF or thinking of making the gate/poles at the pinnacles wider to help with keeping UTV's on the trail and not to go off trail to get around the poles if there car has long travel and is wider then 71''3/4 . With that being said they don't want to open the poles to wide so street legal vehicles will use it . So this is were we can help by giving info . I'm guessing about 76'' might work but again I'm guessing So if your interested on helping just go out an measure the width of your car . ''THANK YOU IN ADVANCE''

All the cars in the pix fit just fine , but the are mostly stock suspension also these pix were taken before the helmet law .

That's great news Rich and thanks. My Cat did make it with inches to spare on both sides so it would not hurt to go wider. Damn for u guys wider then 64" that 50" trail to get there must e fun!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000