Monster Energy Kawasaki's Jon Crowley Looks to Hold on to Series Lead with Versatile

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com

Jon Crowley in his Monster Energy Kawasaki Teryx

Monster Energy Kawasaki's Jon Crowley Looks to Hold on to Series Lead with Versatile Teryx​

Shingle Springs, CA (April 14, 2011) - After a first place overall podium finish and winning the UTV1000 class at Round 1 of the Valley Off-Road Racing Association (VORRA) series, Jon Crowley seeks to DOMINATE Round 2 in his Monster Energy Kawasaki Teryx 4x4 UTV.

The 2011 season is shaping to be a great season, as Jon holds the early points lead going into this weekend's second short course race of the year at Prairie City OHV Park. The 7-round series consists of 4 short course races and 3 desert races including the only 24-Hour Endurance race for UTV's.

When asked about the 2011 VORRA season he commented, "This season will be tough and rugged. With a combination of short course and desert races, my Monster Energy Kawasaki Teryx will be on its game, and the rest falls into my hands at the wheel."

Jon Crowley is proving that his Monster Energy Kawasaki Teryx is possibly the most versatile UTV in the circuit. His 999cc equipped MONSTER features a +4" Funco Suspension set-up accompanied by Fox Racing Shox 2.0 DSC's, which allows him to run and WIN in the same vehicle throughout the year.

Jon explained, "Where others have dedicated vehicles for short course or desert, we've found the right combination to be BETTER and FASTER in the same vehicle all year long. The Funco suspension is truly an all-around system that only requires some fine adjustments on the Fox Racing Shox. Muzzy's Performance power is pushing me to the front, and no matter how much power I throw at them, the Pit Bull Tires keep on grabbing!"

This weekend's race at Prairie City OHV Park, just outside of Sacramento, will be challenging, but the Crowley Off-Road Racing team knows that the Monster Energy Kawasaki Teryx will be tough to beat. Follow and stay tuned to Crowley Off-Road for the latest results, photos, and videos.

Crowley Off-Road Racing Sponsors: Monster Energy Kawasaki Team Green, Muzzys Performance Products, Pit Bull Tires, Simpson, Beard Seats, Funco, Fox Racing Shox, OMF, Tire Balls, Rigid Industries, Billet King, Factory UTV, UMP, MSD, Axia Alloys, Roggy Enterprises, Rugged Race Products, Wicked Bilt, Dalton Industries and Royal Purple

About VORRA: Valley Off Road Racing Association (VORRA) was established in 1975 as a family-oriented organization and is led by current promoter Wes Harbor who believes that "off road racing has its roots in people's garages". VORRA is the only organization to offer both four short course races and three desert races as part of its overall season championship. Each race draws over 60 racers between multiple classes available for Cars, Trucks, Pilots, ATV, UTV and Trophy Karts. In 2010 VORRA has added two additional truck classes and a stand alone ATV Race Series. More information can be found at VORRA

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8AboTmP5XM&feature=player_detailpage]YouTube - Monster Energy Kawasaki Teryx at 2011 VORRA Race[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4hjsEXXw_Y&feature=player_profilepage]YouTube - Shock Testing at Sand Mountain[/ame]

PR: Monster Energy Kawasaki's Jon Crowley Looks to Hold on to Series Lead with Versatile Teryx

onerich

The Carpenter - UTVUnderground's La familia
Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
Re: Monster Energy Kawasaki's Jon Crowley Looks to Hold on to Series Lead with Versat

Nice driving keep up the good work

Crowdog

UTVGuide.Net
Jan 18, 2009
Shingle Springs, CA
www.UTVGuide.net
Re: Monster Energy Kawasaki's Jon Crowley Looks to Hold on to Series Lead with Versat

The weekend's race did not go so well....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKjJgnjND-8]YouTube - VORRA Short Course UTV Race - April 17, 2011[/ame]

Darryl89

Killer Kitty - UTVUnderground Approved
Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM

I watched the video from a few different angles and it looked like it bucked on you from that second bump.
Jon, I agree, I went frame by frame and you can see where the rear suspension was still at full compression from the first jump's landing, when it went over that second kicker bump. With no compression left, it kicked your tail up in the air. It looks like the front right tire turned in and allowed the car to roll.
When you get the car fixed, you might have Fox video the car in whoops and see if they need to change valving. But in truth, it just looks like that was a bad spot on the track that would've wiped out any short wheelbase vehicle in that situation.
I don't think anyone would've been able to do anything different.
Just glad you are okay.

cuflipn

KawiCrawler - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 16, 2010
St George UT

Wow tough break on the bad bounce Jon!!

Otherwise great job kicking some ass man!!!

Brett

Crowdog

UTVGuide.Net
Jan 18, 2009
Shingle Springs, CA
www.UTVGuide.net

Jon, I agree, I went frame by frame and you can see where the rear suspension was still at full compression from the first jump's landing, when it went over that second kicker bump. With no compression left, it kicked your tail up in the air. It looks like the front right tire turned in and allowed the car to roll.
When you get the car fixed, you might have Fox video the car in whoops and see if they need to change valving. But in truth, it just looks like that was a bad spot on the track that would've wiped out any short wheelbase vehicle in that situation.
I don't think anyone would've been able to do anything different.
Just glad you are okay.
I don't disagree with your assessment at all. I know the rear bucked me up big time and with more weight on one side it will react differently from there.

How can you look frame by frame on YouTube? I can't even figure out how to do that with the original file on my computer!

Darryl89

Killer Kitty - UTVUnderground Approved
Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM

LOL, in full screen, I set my mouse pointer to slow speed and not very sensitive, then I can barely move it along the progress bar while paused, clicking it to move it slowly. It lets me move almost frame by frame in 480 or 720 settings. I won't get every single frame, but I get most. Enough to see what happened.

Your rear end never rebounded up before the second bump forced it to bounce back up in the air. I think even with faster rebound, you were screwed on that jump. Just not enough time for the suspension to recover before being hit again.

Often, on speedbump type jumps, you see secondary bumps form because of the vehicles landing and digging, throwing dirt back to form a second jump (rebound bumps). Do a track walk and you'll see these on more than one jump on that track. We used to see that alot in motocross, that have alot of pop up type jumps (used to be a mx trainer and pro-vet mxer) on old style tracks.

BOBONTHIS

#64 PRO UTVUNDERGROUND RACER - UTVUnderground Appr
Jan 27, 2009
Mesa, AZ

Good to see your OK John, Sorry for the roll. It's amazing what these bolt on camera's capture. Better luck next race.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000