All UTV's Mudding Build help

Commander nick

commander nick
Oct 16, 2012
Redondo Beach
So to convert a normal Utv it seems you need a snorkel for your intake, clutch fan intake, and clutch exhaust.

What about the vehicle exhaust? I see all these snorkels made out of PVC and if you dont need one for the exhaust y not?

I often see 4 tubes, two from two back i only know what one of the rear ones is for.

Slacker

La Familia
Apr 1, 2012
Bakersfield
Also, vent the fuel tank up high. For the diffs some guys use bellows instead of routing the vents up high. The bellows will crack after 5 years or so though. You'll need to seal the clutch cover and housing and slather all of the electrical connections in di electric grease. Brush up on your electrical system trouble shooting skills, because you're walking into some training on that. After a year or so the corrosion will start raising hell with you, but you'll get good at figuring out whats giving problems. You'll want to run a new crankcase breather hose, put a couple of loops in it higher than the air box, when you get too deep it'll help keep water from entering the crank case that way. Oh, also put a little synthetic motor oil on the gas cap seal once in a while, it'll help seal it. Move the radiator and fan up high if you can. Put on your party hat, there's no better way to have fun!

I never ran the exhaust stack while racing, but for general deep water farting around I did. It saves a lot of headache if you stall or something. If the snorkels start to go under and I shut it off, it was nice to not have to worry about water going in the exit.

There is just nothing more fun than playing in the mud and water, no matter how old you are!

Last edited:

Commander nick

commander nick
Oct 16, 2012
Redondo Beach
Thanks this is exactly what I was wondering. I dont have much experience in the mudding category only done desert and dune builds but everyone always looks like they are there to just have fun so I want to give it a shot.

Slacker

La Familia
Apr 1, 2012
Bakersfield
The problem I found when I moved to the great state of California is there is not very much mud. They have races in Oroville a couple of times a year and Porterville once a year but that's all I ever found here. I sold my pit bike and learned to love the rocks:)

Commander nick

commander nick
Oct 16, 2012
Redondo Beach
Azusa Canyon, CA and Hollister hills, CA are both have Big mud holes. I grew up around desert racing and want to give mudding a shot looks less stressful.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000