NASAS CURIOSITY HAS LANDED ON MARS

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
Freakin awesome! I'm at a loss for words. We worked REALLY hard on this one, I'm glad it paid off for the citizens of our great country. Like our administrator, Charlie Bolden said, everyone should walk outside tomorrow morning and stick their chest out and say, I've got a rover on Mars! It belongs to all of us, it is a national treasure, and we will take REAL good care of it!

Thanks DD. I guess I can go to work tomorrow....:D

dkiewicz

Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
Thanks guys... You know, that thing is as big as our RZR's, but quite a bit heavier. Think about it, it blows me away... JPL ROCKS!

I was really worried for a while..... I'm glad we have a spacecraft....

Dan...:cool:

dkiewicz

Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
So what did you do to help curiousity? What do you do?

Michael,

As a cursory overview of what I've done, here's the short list for the past 32 years.

Currently I am a Senior Ground Data Systems Analysis Engineer (GDSA) on the MSL (Curiosity) mission.

On past missions, Juno, MRO, MER ODY, Startdust, Voyager, Magellan etc..., I have performed Flight software acceptance testing, Risk Reduction validation and verification testing, Ground Data Systems development, integration and test, and real-time operations.

I started many moons ago in the Deep Space Network at Goldstone as an operations engineer performing station operations on the 70 meter antennas.

I currently work with Mohawk Man and many of the other folks you've seen/heard about in the past few days. Currently I support operations as a GDSA in the surface operations for the rover.

Hope that explains bit, and answers your question.

Keep watching
http://www.jpl.nasa.gov for more great discoveries and missions...

Dan.. aka Rocketman
:) (On the left)

Surface MSA:

Last edited:

RuggedRadios

Official UTVUnderground Communications Sponsor
Jan 20, 2009
Arroyo Grande, CA
www.ruggedradios.com
Congrats Dan! I watched it live and it was pretty awesome to see the reaction when curiosity landed. I admire your occupation and what you do, as I hope to be involved with something along those lines later in life. If you don't mind me asking what do you have a degree in?

onerich

The Carpenter - UTVUnderground's La familia
Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
Pretty effin cool when you really stop and think about where that thing is............:cool:
Johnson valley ? / It amazes me of all of the problems that had to be overcome to make this happen and how just one little thing can end it all , but they did it and we get to watch offroad / no road on another planet .

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
Johnson valley ? / It amazes me of all of the problems that had to be overcome to make this happen and how just one little thing can end it all , but they did it and we get to watch offroad / no road on another planet .
Johnson Valley !!!!!

This isn't like that fake trip to the moon thing is it ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000