Need Advice for buying my first SXS for my family

jman1231

May 18, 2018
I have a budget of about $20k and I want to be able to take my family out on a Side-by-side. I think I might get one 4-seater or two 2-seaters, I haven't decided yet. What product is the best for my money? Also, I'm a first time SXS buyer so I don't know much about the products.

I have a budget of about $20k and I want to be able to take my family out on a Side-by-side. I think I might get one 4-seater or two 2-seaters, I haven't decided yet. What product is the best for my money? Also, I'm a first time SXS buyer so I don't know much about the products.
Polaris Rzr 4 seater is the best all around vehicle and you can probably Find a decent lightly used one for around your budget. You can probably find a vehicle that someone upgraded heavily.
Polaris builds the best all around package that can go in sand ,desert, rock crawl and stay together without breaking.
Yamaha doesn't build a 4 seater yet. and the suspension sucks but the motor and trans is good
Can am builds a good machine but failed on the single shear suspension components that break and also the 4 seat can am is out of the $20k range.
Textron only has a 2 seater not enough time in the market to see anything on performance
The Polaris General is a great all around vehicle but the rzr suspension is better and the vehicle is geared better.
Honda good for farming
Kawasaki good for farming
Kubota farm

Reactions: jman1231

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
What kind of riding do you plan on doing? Polaris is a descent machine but wll need modifications if you are running it hard at all. Also make sure all of the recalls have been done. And if you buy used have it professionally checked out.
The Maverick is nice but the 4 seater is longer than a Suburban. Im sure you could find a used lower line one for your budget.
The Teryx is a nice trail machine but the suspension is not in the same league as the Polaris or Maverick. It is definitely more utilitarian but it depends what you are going to do with it. Honda, Polaris, Can am, and Yamaha all have similar machines to the Teryx. The auto transmission on the Honda is pretty nice. These vehicle are substantially cheaper than the sport machines.
Once you get all the different info research them all

Reactions: jman1231

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000