Need beadlock recommendation

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010
I need upgrade to beadlocks on the RZR XP. I'm looking for low weight and durability, in a 14" wheel. What do you guys recommend?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

dmurray

#1917 BITD - UTVUnderground Approved
Apr 13, 2010
Eastvale CA
www.murrayracing.com
There are several good options. We have been racing best in the desert, and have had the ITP T-9 14" wheel work out great for us. Ours are beadlocked by OMF. We run a 28" tire. If your doing desert riding I would not advise a 14" with a smaller 26" tire you will not have enough sidewall. These are one of the lightest that I am aware of, and we have run them for 10-15 miles on a flat several times. They hold up great. Good Luck!!!

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010
There are several good options. We have been racing best in the desert, and have had the ITP T-9 14" wheel work out great for us. Ours are beadlocked by OMF. We run a 28" tire. If your doing desert riding I would not advise a 14" with a smaller 26" tire you will not have enough sidewall. These are one of the lightest that I am aware of, and we have run them for 10-15 miles on a flat several times. They hold up great. Good Luck!!!
Thanks for the info. The ITP's are definitely priced well. I was already leaning that direction. So, why not just go with ITP's T7 beadlock (http://www.itptires.com/t7beadlock.html)? I'm a huge OMF fan. I'm not knocking your choice, just curious.

RHINOdan

RHINOdonkey
Oct 11, 2009
I am not a racer (we inside I am) and the beadlocks I run are the T-7. I run those cus they came with my rhino. I tacoed a rear rim out in Ocotillo Wells acouple of rides back I was still able to ride 25 miles mph back to camp with a flat which was about a 2 mile ride.
If I was to go out and get a new set and not have to worry about the price - I would go wit OMF! Those things are strong, lightweight and sexy - just too much for my pocket.

dmurray

#1917 BITD - UTVUnderground Approved
Apr 13, 2010
Eastvale CA
www.murrayracing.com
It depends on what your using your RZR for. The t-7 is a great rim. We used this rim on our rhino and raced it for several bitd events. We were happy with the results. in the desert. It is by far the best priced beadlock and very light. If your trail riding or duning it will work great! The t-7 is a cast aluminum, just not quite as strong as the t-9 which is spun aluminum. If your going to be riding very aggressively in rocky terrain at higher speeds the T-9 is stronger. If you take some very hard blows to the rim the T-9 may not have to be replaced...... , but again the price of the t-7 is great! It really depends on how you will be riding your rzr, how hard you ride and how much you want to spend for the small gain? Hope this helps good luck!

dezerteryx

Jun 13, 2010
san marcos
Im running the hiper beadlocks. Super light being they are carbonfiber composite. And they are rebuildable if you damage them.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
OMF 3 Piece are the SHIAT! But you pay for the name and the quality.

DWT Sectors are SUPER SICK! I love them and for the price they are hard to beat!!!

HiPer Wheels are also LIGHT and look awesome! BUT I am not sure they are the most durable for desert racing or rock racing, they tend to crack beadlock rings when racing wheel to wheel in Lucas Oil short course so that's something to take into consideration!

Goodtimes

Jan 17, 2009
Ramona
Weve been selling the sectors and have had a positive respons. you cant beat the price.

Features

• Fully Serviceable True 3 Piece Wheel
• Super Strong Lightweight Heat Treated 6061 .190 Aluminum
• 12†& 14†sizes available
• Many Offsets Possible
• Easy Tire Mounting
• Rolled Lip Outer Halves
• Made in the U.S.A.

So if you did bend your rim you can just buy the piece you bent and not have to purchase the whole rim

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010
I have been looking a lot at the DWT Sectors. My XP is exclusively used for racing, mostly on the East Coast. However, we will run at least two West Coast races, including KOH. I will be sticking with a 14" wheel, using 26" or 27" tires for the Right Coast and probably go with 28" tires for the Left Coast races.

I really like the idea of replacing just the bent pieces. We're sure to do some damage.

Who has the best prices on Sectors?

Thanks for the info.

-brit

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
I love my Walker Evans 14" wheels. OMF also makes great wheels and they also will beadlock and inner-ring your stock 12 inchers. This modification of the stock wheels looks very cool and are priced right.

onerich

The Carpenter - UTVUnderground's La familia
Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
I'm not a racer but my OMF 3-peice rims are great, Bones at OMF will be very help full if you give them a call or I'm sure they'll be at the sand show hope this helps .

Ignore Amos

Jan 14, 2011
Tucson, AZ
we are using the Walker Evens 14's too...and have a second inside wheel insert welded in...extremely tough wheel.. 0 issues while racing SCORE and BITD

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010
I really appreciate all of the feedback.

Barring a sponsorship deal coming through, I'm leaning toward the DWT Sectors. I like them being modular, and from everything I can find online, they're sufficiently strong. Has anyone heard anything bad about them?

We will be buying at least 10 of them, so, this is a decent investment for our team. I want to make sure we pick the right wheels.

thanks,
-b

jakecarver91

Nov 11, 2009
Weve been selling the sectors and have had a positive respons. you cant beat the price.

Features

• Fully Serviceable True 3 Piece Wheel
• Super Strong Lightweight Heat Treated 6061 .190 Aluminum
• 12†& 14†sizes available
• Many Offsets Possible
• Easy Tire Mounting
• Rolled Lip Outer Halves
• Made in the U.S.A.

So if you did bend your rim you can just buy the piece you bent and not have to purchase the whole rim

How much are the dwt's?

onerich

The Carpenter - UTVUnderground's La familia
Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
They are nice looking rimes and I think they have all the things your looking for. If yo don't mind let us know how they work out for you.

AZCourt

AZ's Finest - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 11, 2009
I can't speak from personal experience with the sectors but from a racing point of view I wouldn't run them. Too many parts there for me. I just wanted a good strong wheel. We tried hipers for a while. Nice wheels, light weight, too many parts to fail. Broken bolts, oring leaks, lightweight bead rings leak if only one bolt missing. If I were racing again I would look for strength over all else, a strong ring and good quality bolts.

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010
I can't speak from personal experience with the sectors but from a racing point of view I wouldn't run them. Too many parts there for me. I just wanted a good strong wheel. We tried hipers for a while. Nice wheels, light weight, too many parts to fail. Broken bolts, oring leaks, lightweight bead rings leak if only one bolt missing. If I were racing again I would look for strength over all else, a strong ring and good quality bolts.
That is definitely a consideration. Long term durability is also a concern. If I bend/break a solid/spun wheel, all of it is then scrap metal except maybe the ring. I agree that I am probably less likely to damage a solid wheel, but with the DWT's, if I do damage part of it, I should be able to replace just the damaged parts. It's a gamble either way, I guess.

-b

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000