Need Dirt

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
Anyone know a place near the 15 and 10 where I can run the car around on some dirt and not get in trouble?

Needs to be close to there or Montclair area.

onerich

The Carpenter - UTVUnderground's La familia
Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
The only place i can think of is azusa canyon but I don't think its what your looking for.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rceJXIDWzpU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rceJXIDWzpU[/ame]

onerich

Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
See the problem IS you said ride and not get in trouble LOL. THE 15 AND THE 138 BY THE TRACKS BUT i HAVE NEVER RODE THERE.

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
hmmmm

I also heard about another OHV staging area at the 15 and 138 if you go north on that frontage rd.? Santa Fe Rd.

It's further than I want to go for a quck test though.

onerich

Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
hmmmm

I also heard about another OHV staging area at the 15 and 138 if you go north on that frontage rd.? Santa Fe Rd.

It's further than I want to go for a quck test though.
Ya I have seen peeps go down that road many times , but like said I have never rode there. I don't think you will find any legal place less then30- 40 min. from
Clarmont.You might not have your green sticker yet, so miller would be out .Glen heln might be the best bet with out any hassles.

onerich

Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
Jim under the DMV rules, you can make it street legal with no problem at all! "Built cars" are pretty easy to get plated so you can ride all the roads and Forrest roads! :D:D Have a friend who built a long travel car and did it, gets some looks on the freeway, but it is cool! :cool::cool::cool::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:;););):eek::eek::eek:
PB is this the same as the hot rod builds permits, but they only let 500 a year so I hear ?

onerich

Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
Not sure about buggies, but if you build your own Hot Rod it must meet the current model year emission regulations:(
Cisco probably could school us on the hot rod stuff , he has a bad a$$ one! But I don't know if he built it from scratch ?

O-YA Jim needs dirt. :D

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
Been all through this. There's only 500 special construction for "street legal" vehicle openings per year. You have to have the vehicle ready and be in line at the DMV Jan 1 as they get scooped up pretty quick. This rule was designed for the hot rod custom car guys.

The only other way is to use the vin from a junk car. If you use an old enough one, you can get around the smog rules. But you must incorporate part of the old car into your build. It's kind of vague about how much of the old car you need. Most of the Manx's just use the pan from an old VW.

Green stickers are much easier. Take all your receipts, get a temp operating permit. Make an appt with CHP for inspection and VIN number. Back to DMV for sticker.

Cisco Kid

Puro Corazon - UTVUnderground La Famila
Apr 17, 2009
MY Hot Rod is a Orig 1930 Model "A" ;-)
and it was still in the DMV system,one black plate and all ;-)

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
Not quite that simple.

Specially Constructed Vehicles Emission Control

What is the Specially Constructed Vehicle Emission Control Program?

Existing law requires most 1976 and newer model year vehicles to pass an emissions control inspection (smog check) prior to original registration, transfer of ownership, and every second annual renewal. Since Specially Constructed Vehicles (SPCNS) are homemade and do not have a manufacturer-assigned model year, they must be taken to a Bureau of Automotive Repair (BAR) Referee Station for the original inspection. Upon completion of the inspection, the referee will affix a tamper-resistant label to the vehicle and issue a certificate that establishes the model-year for future inspection purposes.

Per California Vehicle Code §4750.1, the first 500 program applicants in each calendar year may choose whether the inspection is based on the model-year of the engine used in the vehicle or the vehicle model-year. If the engine or the vehicle does not sufficiently resemble one previously manufactured, the referee will assign 1960 as the model-year.

After the first 500 vehicles have been registered in any calendar year, all others will be assigned the same model-year as the calendar year in which the application is submitted.

Previously registered vehicles may be included as one of the first 500 applicants in a calendar year and apply for a different model-year determination.
What is an SPCNS Certificate of Sequence?

An SPCNS Certificate of Sequence identifies a vehicle as one for which the owner may choose emission control inspection based on the model-year of the engine used in the vehicle or the vehicle model-year. The certificate is issued by DMV Headquarters and will be mailed 7-10 working days after the application is accepted by your local DMV. The certificate must be presented to the BAR Referee Station at the time of inspection.

Per statute, only 500 certificates can be issued in a calendar year. Once the yearly allotment has been issued, applicants must wait until the following year to apply for a certificate.

SPCNS Certificates of Sequence cannot be transferred to a different vehicle or reissued in someone else's name. The seller of a vehicle must provide the buyer with the SPCNS Certificate of Sequence along with the bill of sale and any additional registration documents. In addition, fees deposited in one year cannot be held over for the next year's allocation of certificates.

Note: Due to the limited number of SPCNS Certificates of Sequence available, you may wish to submit your application for registration in person at a local DMV office.
<HR>

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
I'd have to wait until Jan 2012 to get one of the 500 certificates and get set as a 1960 model year - exempt

If I went now, it would would be labeled a 2011 model year and subject to 2011 smog standards. Never gonna happen.

I would want to be smog exempt or else I have to hassle with this every 2 years.

84" wide

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000