NEW 2011 Polaris UTV Lineup!!!! UTVUnderground EXCLUSIVE

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com

Joey D. Tearing up the new 2011 Robby Gordon RZR4 EPS with Crowdog riding Shotgun

The NEW 2011 Robby Gordon RZR4 LE

On June 21-23 2010 Polaris Industries invited UTVUnderground.com along with a handful of the industries top media professionals to a private ranch in Montana for their 2011 Polaris Model Intro. Here we were introduced to the new 2011 lineup of Polaris UTV’s and ATV’s.

There was over 50 Polaris UTV's and ATV's present for us to drive on this pristine ranch in Montana

Polaris brought us out to this amazing private ranch outside of Great Falls in Montana and let us get behind the wheel of their new Polaris RZR, RZR-S, and RZR4 UTV’s. We also got the opportunity to test drive the new lineup of Ranger’s including the new Ranger 500, 500 Crew, Electric Powered (EV) Ranger and the new for 2011 Diesel powered Ranger. We also tested and felt the increased power in their 800 XP lineup of Rangers.

The actual intro itself was top notch. Engineers were on hand to explain all of the vehicles inside and out

The first new vehicle that caught my eye was the new 2011 Limited Edition Robby Gordon RZR4 as well as the new look front hood and grill. The LE has an awesome color scheme of Black & Red on Carbon Fiber rear fenders and center hood insert. The cage is also black and the seats carry the black and red theme over as well.

I love the new Limited Edition RZR4 scheme!

Polaris introduced Electronic Power Steering into their line up of UTV’s, the standard Robby Gordon Edition RZR4 will now come with Power Steering, the new LE will NOT. The standard 50” RZR will also have the Power Steering option however the RZR-S will NOT. I was able to drive both the RZR4 and the 50" RZR with Power Steering and it made a substantial difference in handling especially at slow speeds. The Electronic Power Steering is really awesome when trying to turn the wheels at a stand still. Once you drive a UTV with Power Steering you don’t want to go back. I only hope the RZR-S will be available with factory power steering in 2012.

The 2011 Robby Gordon RZR4 with Electronic Power Steering

There is a NEW RZR-S as well for 2011, this model is geared for the enthusiast who wants the stability of long travel suspension but still wants to keep sticker price down. Polaris introduced this new model of the RZR-S that comes with all the features of the 50” RZR but will have the Long Travel suspension of the RZR-S minus the Fox Podium Shocks. This new RZR-S will come with NEW Big Bore Coil Overs which rode really well. I really enjoyed driving this NEW RZR-S!! For the guy who is looking to add his own aftermarket shocks, cage, and seats this is the model for you!! You will also notice the new ITP Tires that come on a few of the new UTV and ATV's.

The NEW 2011 Polaris RZR-S Base Model

Engine wise there is no MAJOR change for 2011. The 800 EFI engine will remain however Polaris made some improvements to the motor gaining some additional HP for the 2011 models. Rumors on the web have been circulating about Polaris introducing an 850cc, a 950cc, and or a 1150cc engine and if they plan to do so in 2011/12 they made no mention to that at the press intro. Nor did they make any acknowledgement to the rumor that their would be a new frame or suspension option in the near future. UTVUnderground.com members and readers will be the first to know should Polaris decide to introduce a late year motor change.

Powering the NEW 2011 Polaris RZR-S Base Model through a deep water crossing

You will notice some nice exterior, interior, and accessory additions to the RZR lineup including a new for 2011 glove box in all RZR models, a slightly modified dash including new style switches, and something I really liked which was an Engine Temp read out on the gauge cluster. More notcibly is the new hood and grill on the RZR lineup. The new design allows for 29% more airflow and a more aggresive look. Polaris also introduced some cool accesories such as the small windshields for the driver and passenger, a new LED light bar, some aluminum roof options, and some other nifty accessories for the RZR.

The NEW for 2011 RZR Hood

The NEW RZR Dash

NEW 2011 Polaris RZR-S Base Model with Polaris Aluminum Roof, LED Light Bar, Polaris front bumper, Polaris Rocksliders, and powdercoat chrome wheels with ITP Tires!

As for the Ranger lineup I really enjoyed driving both the Ranger EV and the Ranger Diesel. The Diesel just cruises and will be a huge winner for those guys needing their UTV for work and already have diesel fuel readily available. The EV is great if saving fuel is your priority and keeping the noise down. Crowdog and I literally snuck up on a deer while out on the trail in the EV. I also drove the new Ranger 500 Crew and it did surprisingly good through everything I took it through including water crossings. Its lightweight and narrower than the full size Ranger Crew which means easier to transport and easier to squeeze into tight places.​

The NEW 2011 Polaris Ranger Diesel

Joey D. in the NEW 2011 Polaris Ranger EV

The NEW lineup of Ranger 800 XP's is sure to keep Polaris on top in the utility market. The 800 EFI XP now has 50hp allowing for plenty of power to tow and haul. The ride is surprisingly smooth and I really enjoyed the comfort of the Ranger even while doing some off camber extreme off roading.

The NEW 2011 Ranger 800 XP

Here is where we were introduced to the new 2011 lineup

Jon "Crowdog" Crowley taking the new 2011 RZR4 for a spin..check out those mountains!

Joey D. putting the NEW RZR-S Base Model through some water! It handled perfectly

The NEW Ranger 500 Crew

Full Cab enclosure with manual truck style windows. This thing was awesome!

Polaris 800 XP hunting anyone?

I love the new RZR4!!!

RANGER RZR® 4 800 EPS ROBBY GORDON

STARTING AT: $15,799 U.S. MSRP / NON-EPS VERSION STARTING AT $14,999U.S. MSRP

Engine
Engine Type 4-Stroke Twin Cylinder
Displacement 760cc High Output (H.O.)
Fuel System Electronic Fuel Injection
Cooling Liquid
Drivetrain
Transmission/Final Drive Automatic PVT P/R/N/L/H; Shaft
Drive System On-Demand True AWD/2WD
Suspension
Front Suspension Dual A-Arm 12" (30.5 cm) Travel
Rear Suspension Dual A-Arm, Rolled with Anti-Sway Bar 12" (30.5 cm) Travel
Brakes
Front/Rear Brakes 4-Wheel Hydraulic Disc with Dual-Bore Front Calipers
Parking Brake Park in Transmission
Tires Wheels
Front Tires / Model 26 x 9-12; Maxxis Bighorn
Rear Tires / Model 26 x 12-12; Maxxis Bighorn
Wheels Cast Aluminum
Dimensions
Wheelbase 103.0" (261.6 cm)
Dry Weight 1,255 lbs. (569.3 kg)
Overall Vehicle Size (LxWxH) 130 x 60.5 x 75" (330.2 x 153.7 x 190.5 cm)
Ground Clearance 11.5" (29.2 cm)
Capacities
Fuel Capacity 7.25 gal (27.4 L)
Bed Box Dimensions (LxWxH) 22 x 42 x 6.5" (56 x 107 x 16.5 cm)
Box Capacity N.A./300 lb (136.1 kg)
Payload Capacity 900 lb (408.2 kg)
Hitch Towing Rating 1,500 lb (680.4 kg)
Hitch/Type Standard/1.25" Receiver
Features
Cargo System Lock & Ride
Lighting 55W low/ 60W high
Electronic Power Steering Equipped
Instrumentation Digital Gauge, Speedometer, Odometer, Tachometer, Tripmeter, Hour Meter, Clock, Gear Indicator, Fuel Gauge, Hi-Temp/Low-Batt Lights, DC Outlets (2)

RANGER RZR® S 800

STARTING AT: $12,499 U.S. MSRP SHARE

Engine
Cooling Liquid
Drivetrain
Transmission/Final Drive Automatic PVT P/R/N/L/H; Shaft
Drive System On-Demand True AWD/2WD
Suspension
Front Suspension Dual A-Arm 12" (30.5 cm) Travel
Rear Suspension Dual A-Arm, Rolled with Anti-Sway Bar 12" (30.5 cm) Travel
Brakes
Parking Brake Park in Transmission
Tires Wheels
Front Tires / Model 27 x 9-12; ITP 900 XCT
Rear Tires / Model 27 x 11-12; ITP 900 XCT
Wheels Cast Aluminum
Dimensions
Wheelbase 77" (196 cm)
Dry Weight 1,000 lb (454 kg)
Overall Vehicle Size (LxWxH) 104 x 60.5 x 70.5" (264.2 x 153.7 x 179 cm)
Ground Clearance 12.5" (32 cm)
Capacities
Fuel Capacity 7.25 gal (27.4 L)
Bed Box Dimensions (LxWxH) 22 x 42 x 6.5" (56 x 107 x 16.5 cm)
Box Capacity N.A./300 lb (136.1 kg)
Payload Capacity 740 lb (335.6 kg)
Hitch Towing Rating 1,500 lb (680.4 kg)
Hitch/Type Standard/1.25" Receiver
Features
Cargo System Lock & Ride
Lighting 55W low/ 60W high
Electronic Power Steering Not Equipped
Instrumentation Digital Gauge, Speedometer, Odometer, Tachometer, Tripmeter, Hour Meter, Clock, Gear Indicator, Fuel Gauge, Hi-Temp/Low-Batt Lights, DC Outlet

Ranger RZR® S Black Carbon Fiber LE
Starting at $13,999 US MSRP

Features
Maxxis Bighorn tires on 12" black Crusher aluminum rims
Gloss Black painted dash with Carbon Fiber hood and rear panel graphics
Indy Red painted front and rear suspension springs
Custom cut and sew black and carbon fiber seats with red RZR emblem
Premium Fox Podium X shocks

RANGER RZR® S 800 Black/Orange Madness LE
Starting at $13,999 US MSRP

Features
Maxxis Bighorn tires on 12" black Crusher aluminum rims
Custom three-color cut and sew black, orange and white seats with RZR emblem
Custom graphics package
Gloss Black painted dash with Orange Madness painted hood and rear panels
Color matching front and rear suspension springs
Premium Fox Podium X shocks

RANGER XP® 800

STARTING AT: $11,199 U.S. MSRP / POLARIS PURSUIT - $11,799 U.S. MSRP

Engine
Cooling Liquid
Drivetrain
Transmission/Final Drive Automatic PVT H/L/N/R; Shaft
Drive System On-Demand True AWD/2WD/ VersaTrac Turf Mode
Engine Braking System/ Active Descent Control Not Equipped
Suspension
Front Suspension Dual A-Arm 9.6" (24.4 cm) Travel
Rear Suspension Dual A-Arm, IRS 9" (22.9 cm) Travel
Brakes
Parking Brake Hand-Actuated
Tires Wheels
Front Tires / Model 25 x 10-12; 489
Rear Tires / Model 25 x 11-12; 489
Wheels Stamped Steel
Dimensions
Wheelbase 76" (193 cm)
Dry Weight 1,237 lb (562 kg)
Overall Vehicle Size (LxWxH) 114 x 60 x 76" (290 x 152 x 193 cm)
Ground Clearance 12" (30.5 cm)
Capacities
Fuel Capacity 9 gal (34.1 L)
Bed Box Dimensions (LxWxH) 36.5 x 54 x 11.5" (93 x 137 x 29 cm)
Box Capacity N.A./1,000 lb (453.6 kg)
* Models approved for sale in California are limited to 600 lbs cargo box capacity (rear payload capacity per CARB classification) and1100 lbs total vehicle payload.
Payload Capacity 1,500 lb (680.4 kg)
Hitch Towing Rating 2,000 lb (907.2 kg)
Hitch/Type Standard/2" Receiver
Features
Cargo System Lock & Ride
Lighting 55W low/ 60W high, LED Tail
Instrumentation Digital Gauge, Speedometer, Odometer, Tachometer, Tripmeter, Hour Meter, Clock, Gear Indicator, Fuel Gauge, Hi-Temp/Low-Batt Lights, DC Outlets (2)

RANGER® 500 EFI

STARTING AT: $8,999 U.S. MSRP / POLARIS PURSUIT - $11,499 U.S. MSRP SHARE

Engine
Engine Type 4-Stroke Single Cylinder
Displacement 498cc
Cooling Liquid
Drivetrain
Transmission/Final Drive Automatic PVT H/L/N/R/P; Shaft
Drive System On-Demand True AWD/2WD/ VersaTrac Turf Mode
Engine Braking System/ Active Descent Control Not Equipped
Suspension
Front Suspension MacPherson Strut 8" (20.3 cm) Travel
Rear Suspension Dual A-Arm, IRS 9" (22.9 cm) Travel
Brakes
Front/Rear Brakes 4-Wheel Hydraulic Disc
Parking Brake Park In-Transmission
Tires Wheels
Front Tires / Model 25 x 8-12; 489
Rear Tires / Model 25 x 11-12; 489
Wheels Stamped Steel
Dimensions
Wheelbase 72" (182.9 cm)
Dry Weight 1,055lb (479 kg)
Overall Vehicle Size (LxWxH) 108 x 56.5 x 73" (274 x 144 x 185 cm)
Ground Clearance 10" (25.4 cm)
Capacities
Fuel Capacity 9 gal (34.1 L)
Bed Box Dimensions (LxWxH) 32 x 42 x 11.5" (81 x 107 x 29 cm)
Box Capacity N.A./500 lb (226.8 kg)
Payload Capacity 1,000 lb (453.6 kg)
Hitch Towing Rating 1,250 lb (567 kg)
Hitch/Type Standard/2" Receiver
Features
Cargo System Lock & Ride
Lighting 50W Headlight, LED Tail
Instrumentation Digital Gauge, Speedometer, Odometer, Tachometer, tripmeter, Hour meter, Gear Indicator, DC Outlet, Hi-Temp Light

www.UTVGuide.Net Links

UTV Guide - Polaris RZR
Polaris RZR S - UTV Guide
Polaris RANGER EV LSV - UTV Guide
Polaris Ranger Diesel - UTV Guide
Polaris Ranger 500 Crew - UTV Guide
Polaris Ranger 500 - UTV Guide

You Tube Videos

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bThSeq6t7GE&hd=1]YouTube - 2011 Polaris Ranger Diesel Water Crossing - UTVUnderground.com[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ktUFoHVH7M&hd=1]YouTube - 2011Polaris Ranger Diesel Intro Ride - UTVUnderground.com[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVXgBAq-SRE&hd=1]YouTube - NEW 2011 Polaris RZR-S Base Model - UTVUnderground.com[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-qvI-u2_rs&feature=player_embedded[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WywfHKaXefs&feature=player_embedded[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvcwdxAzlak&feature=player_embedded[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJUBoo-K1yY&feature=player_embedded[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBnSdG1OxGY&feature=player_embedded[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvZ7i9Pu1ZM&feature=player_embedded[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1tuArJe_os&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Links to all the "411" at PolarisIndustries.com
2011 Polaris RANGER RZR 800 Side By Side : Overview
2011 Polaris RANGER RZR S 800 Side By Side : Overview
2011 Polaris RANGER RZR 4 800 Side By Side : Overview
2011 Polaris RANGER RZR 170 Youth UTV : Overview
2011 Polaris RANGER XP 800 EFI UTV : Overview
2011 Polaris RANGER 500 EFI UTV : Overview
2011 Polaris RANGER 400 UTV : Overview
2011 Polaris RANGER CREW 800 EPS UTV : Overview
2011 Polaris RANGER CREW 500 UTV : Overview
2011 Polaris RANGER HD 800 EPS UTV : Overview
2011 Polaris RANGER Diesel UTV : Overview
2011 Polaris RANGER EV Electric UTV : Overview

2011 Polaris US MSRP Pricing:
http://www.utvunderground.com/f37/2011-polaris-us-msrp-list-pricing-4041.html#post40445

Last edited:

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Nice write up Joey!!! Just wondering why they wouldn't put power steering in the new Rzr 4 LE.
You know I was wondering the same exact thing??? I love that new RZR4 color scheme but for it not to have EPS I dont know if I would pick it over the standard RZR4? The EPS made a huge difference at slow speeds and woul dbe sweet when using it to flip u turns or pulling in and out of the garage, trailer, etc....but at speed it wasnt a huge advantage?

It is not included in the RZR-S yet either but is available in the 50" RZR? I didnt quite understand the reasoning there?

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
great write up. damn that looked like a great place to ride.

too bad popo didnt fix any of the issues and just gave the RZR a facelift. tons of weak frame, motor mount, differential and hub issues to improve on.

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
Well, after reading the specs on the new line up, looking at the pictures, & watching the videos first thing that stands out is Joey's lack of a visor on that helmet. Your not Metz "Bro" please put one on that lid of yours :p ;)

What I like here is that, IMO, Polaris has done the best job at listening to market demand and built a line up that exceeds the needs of 70% of the buying public right out of the box.

They even offer a 4 seater long travel with more motor for (way) less money than it it took me to build my wifes 4 seat Rhino. :mad: :D

Thats good service, props Polaris.

RHINOdan

RHINOdonkey
Oct 11, 2009
You know I was wondering the same exact thing??? I love that new RZR4 color scheme but for it not to have EPS I dont know if I would pick it over the standard RZR4? The EPS made a huge difference at slow speeds and woul dbe sweet when using it to flip u turns or pulling in and out of the garage, trailer, etc....but at speed it wasnt a huge advantage?

It is not included in the RZR-S yet either but is available in the 50" RZR? I didnt quite understand the reasoning there?
After reading your write-up, I was wondering the same thing? Why only selected models will have EPS? Really strange if you ask me.

Great write up Joey. When you are invited to a BIG event like this were there releasing info of upcoming models and there different changes/accessories, you are well know and doing big thangs!!! And having to keep all this info to yourself for a couple of days/months? I got nothing BUT respect bro!!! Keep up the great work Joey! ;)

O yeah ..................... now who started the rumors that Polaris was coming out wit biggger engines??
I sure feel bad for those suckas who believe the rumors! Hahahahah JK kinda! :p:p:p:p

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
@ DOug....LMAO...I get called a flat biller then I take off the visor and I am still a flat biller....hahahah I get called out for that everywhere I go! hahha But I do agree. Polaris is #1 right now and I believe its becuase they try to offer something for everyone. You can argue anything but reality is Polaris is listening to consumers and is trying to supply the demand in the sport market. I know Kawasaki is paying attention, I know Can Am is paying attention..............

@ Mike.....I think some of your concerns may have been addressed. Make sure to watch the You Tube Videos Jon made of the engineer covering the changes to the 2011 models. I have already forgotten but I think there is a dif mod that was made. I know the motor has been tinkered with but not sure on frame.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
@Dan....yeah thats the hardest part about getting these opportunities is you want to share all this cool info and pics with the world but you just have to hold your tongue. Manufacturers put a lot of trust into individuals to keep mum on the information until the time has come that you can spill it. They do that for a reason. I think its a big reason that they do the media event so far in advance before the dealer show. They know once the dealers have the info its over! hahahah

I will say, about the event itself, Polaris treated us very nice and the riding location was nothing but spectacular. No whoop sections or jumps but amazing scenery, trails, water corssings, you name it!

Mar 31, 2010
Flagstaff, AZ
Those machines look sweeeet!!! hey Joey do you know if that front clip will be available for the 2010 RZR 4 so that the older models can get the same amount of airflow to the radiator?

directdrive

For The Race
Dec 13, 2009
great job on all the info,just wondering if the new front plastic was changed for placing the air intake for the engine up there,hope so cause i think i like my 08 nose better.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Those machines look sweeeet!!! hey Joey do you know if that front clip will be available for the 2010 RZR 4 so that the older models can get the same amount of airflow to the radiator?
Good question. I am sure you could convert it just not sure what all it entails...

great job on all the info,just wondering if the new front plastic was changed for placing the air intake for the engine up there,hope so cause i think i like my 08 nose better.
I think the intake remains in the same location. This upgrade was to increase cooling capacity and airflow to the radiator if I understand correctly. Good question though?

Farmerdill

Jul 7, 2010
It's disapointing that Polaris did not go all in for the 2011 models, but they still have the best bang for the buck ride. This is what has attracted us since the release of the S model.

Right now, we're gonna hold on to the wallet for a little while before we sink any cash into anything.

Thanks for the right-up.

directdrive

For The Race
Dec 13, 2009
hopefully they realease something soon with a bigger engine,our family is ready to pull the trigger on two more rzr's,we really love the ones we have, just itching for some more get up and go.

Reactions: 1 person

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000