Arctic Cat NEW 2013 Arctic Cat WILDCAT-4 *UTVUnderground EXCLUSIVE*

poflo

Jan 3, 2011
Looks promising. It will be a smooth ride with the added wheelbase and 18 inches of travel. Cant wait to see it. Im definitely am interested in 4 seater and its nice that there are more options for me next year...

Teryx 4 - underpowered, lack of suspension but proven reliability
Rzr 4 Xp - plenty of power, weak frame, but fun as hell to drive
Maverick 4 seater - Looks heavy but more HP then all the rest
Wildcat 4 seater - New clutch, best suspension, but WC 2 lacks power...is new clutch going to be the big difference???
Glad they left LOW RANGE in the gear box,so you can move the tank

joes5091

Jan 20, 2010
They are at Glamis now. Going on MKL weekend with an XP4 to do some side by side comparisons before I make a decision.

...Now I hear rumors of Polaris having a big unveil at the March Industry show... If it's a fixed frame (real metal / tube style) it would be awesome.

I know that this is the trend and it's great for the consumer but damn! My luck I'll buy the Commodore 64 of 4 seaters!
Who cares about Polaris we are talking Arctic Cat here

Hooversxs

May 6, 2009
Who cares about Polaris we are talking Arctic Cat here
RRRRRRrrrreeeeerrrr, speaking of CATS! Thanks for the update... Seems like most care since that's what everything is compared to. If you read I said I was looking to do a comparison before I buy because I'm likely going AC and just want to see how different / better / worse they may be.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com

So I put some serious miles on a Wildcat4 today in Randsburg, CA with Arctic Cat. I'll break it down for ya...

It's long, 29" longer than the 2 seater.

If the 2 seater is like a mini buggy then the 4 seater feels like a truck.

New clutch set up from Arctic Cat is NICE

A little sluggish on longer hill climbs but pulls nicely on the flats.

Steering radius has room for improvement. Isn't the most agile UTV in the world.

It is however the BEST UTV I have ever driven in the monster bumps! I have never eaten up whoops in a UTV like I did on this thing. It blew my mind over and over. It is for lack of a better comparison, a Cadillac in the big stuff.

It needs better tires and they should be 28" tall or bigger IMO. It would set it off.

Despite its length I never scraped the belly pan other than some minor rock crawling. Otherwise the ground clearance and suspension work great together.

Very roomy in the rear seat department. Best in class.

Feels heavy but extremely stable. Again in the whoops the thing does not buck or bounce.

New FOX podium shocks are 23 way adjustable and valved stiff. They are set up nicely and worked really good.

I am a but hesitate to say how it's going to do in the dunes in comparison to an xp4 but I am anxious to find out.

I did drive some other kind of Wildcat today but then Arctic Cat hit me with some light up pen they got from the men in black so now I know nothing.......

Overall,Wildcat 4 was surprising and fun. If you ride primarily in hard pack desert with whoops then this thing is for you. If you want to race the san felipe 250 then this thing is for you. If you want to race WORCS then this thing is NOT for you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000