Can-Am New Can-Am X3 Coming 8.16.16

kmb760

Mar 28, 2013
It's not California that has limits on engine cc size. Other states won't let it be classified as an atv if it is over a certain motor size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So could you change the classification of the vehicle from ATV to just a simple off highway vehicle(OHV). Or is doing that still a limiting factor. I'm sure with the Polaris slingshot there was all kinds of hoops to jump through.

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
So could you change the classification of the vehicle from ATV to just a simple off highway vehicle(OHV). Or is doing that still a limiting factor. I'm sure with the Polaris slingshot there was all kinds of hoops to jump through.
I think if you change the classification then you run into other issues. They really do not need to go above 1000cc motor. They are getting plenty of hp with the addition of a turbo or supercharger.

I believe the Slingshot was not allowed to be sold as a motorcycle in some states. Texas pops into my mind for some reason.

Bumpers

Jan 23, 2012
Interesting to see what they got.. need more competion to push quality

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Reactions: JoeyD23

jajl22

Jun 5, 2015
I like the look of the headlights in that zoomed in pic from the video... the front bumper looks a little funky way out there but i will wait for it to be released to completely pass judgment.

I know with nothing knew from Arctic Cat and then the Polaris recall this new Maverick has my full attention.

What can i say...i love new UTV action!!!

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
I think you are right about a CVT. The video is playing tricks on us by showing two different views of the passenger side with the gear selector linkage.

Reactions: JoeyD23

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
Somebody posted a picture of a still shot from the video and it showed it to be a 4 link set up. Should be a nice suspension set up and it looks like it will have 3.0" fox shocks in the rear.

I am guessing hp will be 150-160hp coming from a triple cylinder motor. The question is supercharger, turbo or n/a.

kmb760

Mar 28, 2013
I wish some of these race guys would spill the beans..... We all know they know what's coming. Lol

crazywatson

#13 - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 30, 2009
Redwood City
I hear we get to test drive them at UTV Invasion in St Anthony. I'm pretty pumped!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Bumpers

Jan 23, 2012
I hope it's the n/a 150hp that was rumored. Less moving parts the better

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

jajl22

Jun 5, 2015
If you want to split hairs didn't the 1st generation Commander 1000 trailing arms before the XP900 was even released anyway?

All this pissing in the wind over the trailing arm design and who copied who makes me laugh.

Buggies and Off Road trucks have been running different versions or variations of the trailing arm design for years and they all copied it from VW anyway who probably copied it from some small time German guy.

Trailing arms and swing axles are not a new concept.

I am just glad to see that Can-Am went away from the high side happy TTA arms.

Reactions: sand shark

Rynomx785

Jun 21, 2015
Wickenburg, AZ
You don't think that the Can Am sponsored teams have been given units already? I am sure they have been driving them and testing them for several months.
Definitely possible but I bet we see all the Can-Am teams in their tried and true race cars at V2R. I have been wrong before though. lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000