Yamaha New clutch sheave... now won't run...

avery4jc

Sep 16, 2014
Re: New clutch sheave... now won't run...**movie posted on post 17**

It already has one. Plus it ran like a freakin champ before. I've had it out to Pismo twice and it never missed a beat and I haven't changed anything that would affect tuning or fuel needs. It's really odd.

avery4jc

Sep 16, 2014

No chance the exhaust is some how plugged up?
I looked at the exhaust last night. I noticed some of the (what appears to be) fiberglass is poking out of the input side of the muffler. I'll pull it and check into it further...

avery4jc

Sep 16, 2014

Problem solved people! I can't tell you how excited I am to be done with this. I'll let the picture speak for itself, here's a small sample of fuel I took out of the fuel cell tonight. So much water you'd think I filled up somewhere in Mexico!
Flushed everything, filled with fresh fuel and it runs like a champ again.

avery4jc

Sep 16, 2014
I finished putting it back together tonight and ripped around the neighborhood a little. Runs awesome and the new sheave, weights and spring make a big difference. I had some fuel leaking out the drain/overflow line on the float bowl but I rotated the carb and it stopped. I think it was sitting a little crooked and the float wasn't moving up and down like it should. All seems good now.

the stripping shop

RACER - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com
Re: New clutch sheave... now won't run...**movie posted on post 17** PROBLEM SOLVED!

EDIT: I have posted a movie on post 17.

Hi everyone. I have a 660 rhino that ran like a champ. Started easy, idled great and was smooth all the way to full throttle, never any hesitation.

I pulled the clutch sheave apart and swapped it for a JBS sheave with new weights. I also pulled the assembly off the transmission side and changed to the recommended spring.

Put it all back together and now it won't run worth a darn. Here's the odd part. If I put my hand over the intake it'll sit there and idle. As soon as I start to let it get more air it sputters and dies.

So I'm thinking it's a tuning issue now. (Seems like it's lean).
Anyone ever ran into needing tuning after changing a sheave? Seems odd but I'm new to UTV's so I don't know what's normal. Thanks!
pretty amazing the water got in the tank will you were working on the clutch lol.

avery4jc

Sep 16, 2014
Re: New clutch sheave... now won't run...**movie posted on post 17** PROBLEM SOLVED!

I pulled it off the trailer from our last trip, filled the tank up and pushed it over to the side of the garage. I didn't run it on this tank of fuel until I was doing the sheave work.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000