New guy from Utah

fabd4baja

Jul 25, 2011
My name is Randy Potter, and I'm new to the Sxs game.. I decided I wanted to build up a car to desert race and do a little short course racing.. I found a Mason car for a good deal.. Unfortunately it had the middle drive gear/support broken.. I'm in the process of a full rebuild, And some other changes.. I hope to up and running in about a month..

Attachments

ROTR

Rock Crawler
Mar 9, 2011
Utah
www.rallyontherocks.com
Hey Randy, I am also from Utah and am getting a car ready for the ISA 850 production class. Are you going to race the BOR series? I'm planning on running the jericho and larry miller races. Are there any other races you know about around here?

What motor is in your car? Not sure what a "mason" car is.

Hopefully I'll see you at the track.

Wild Earp

50Fifty Racer - UTVUnderground Approved
Welcome Randy! Good looking car.

Mason Motorsports used to build UTVs including race chassis and long travel suspension. When they got out of the UTV game, SDR Motorsports took over production/sales of the Mason long travel kits.

Randy, if you ever need spares/replacements on those a-arms, shoot me a PM. Those are the old Mason race style arms (for longer shocks) and are no longer being made. But SDR does still have all the cut/bend sheets on them, so another set may still be possible.

fabd4baja

Jul 25, 2011
Hey Randy, I am also from Utah and am getting a car ready for the ISA 850 production class. Are you going to race the BOR series? I'm planning on running the jericho and larry miller races. Are there any other races you know about around here?

What motor is in your car? Not sure what a "mason" car is.

Hopefully I'll see you at the track.
Ive been racing with borr in a class 7 a couple of races a year for the last few years.. I plan on doing the Jericho race as well.. And some of the miller stuff.. Where do you live? I'm in sandy..

About what a mason car is.. See above ^^^ lol

The car had an 800 big bore stroker in it.. It's now gonna be a 720..

fabd4baja

Jul 25, 2011
Welcome Randy! Good looking car.

Mason Motorsports used to build UTVs including race chassis and long travel suspension. When they got out of the UTV game, SDR Motorsports took over production/sales of the Mason long travel kits.

Randy, if you ever need spares/replacements on those a-arms, shoot me a PM. Those are the old Mason race style arms (for longer shocks) and are no longer being made. But SDR does still have all the cut/bend sheets on them, so another set may still be possible.
Thanks for that.. I'm glad I can still get stuff.. I honestly didn't know they had changed.

cfyca

Jun 7, 2011
Hey, I am from Utah too (Draper).. We are in the process of stretching a Rhino for the DSR1 class in the 2012 season, so we will be at most of the BOR races, but primarily focusing on the BITD races as there is a bona fide class for DSR1's down there. We will be in the Sportsman class in BOR, so we won't be racing in the same class but still good to make local friends!

I also have some spare parts like tires, wheels, axles, hubs, spindles, clutch setups, that kind of stuff that isn't used with the conversions. So if you ever need any replacement parts just hit me up!

Cody

fabd4baja

Jul 25, 2011
Hey, I am from Utah too (Draper).. We are in the process of stretching a Rhino for the DSR1 class in the 2012 season, so we will be at most of the BOR races, but primarily focusing on the BITD races as there is a bona fide class for DSR1's down there. We will be in the Sportsman class in BOR, so we won't be racing in the same class but still good to make local friends!

I also have some spare parts like tires, wheels, axles, hubs, spindles, clutch setups, that kind of stuff that isn't used with the conversions. So if you ever need any replacement parts just hit me up!

Cody
That's awesome! I don't have any spares to speak of just yet.. I'll need to take you up on some of that stuff.. I'll need to come check out your rig.. Your probably only a couple miles away from me.. Thanks!

fabd4baja

Jul 25, 2011
Also.. Where do I find what class I'd be in? Short course and desert? I've looked a bit. It's not clear. I'm going to run the sage riders race at Jericho.. Cody.. Maybe you know?

fyrfly6

Oct 25, 2009
Salt Lake
I am in West Jordan. Got my R1 mounted, working on the wiring and stuff. I will be running as many BORR races as I can as well as the local short course. My goal is to run Vegas to Reno next summer and as many other races as I can make. See ya out there and let me know if you need any help with your project.

Scott

ROTR

Rock Crawler
Mar 9, 2011
Utah
www.rallyontherocks.com
I'm located about 20 mins north of SLC, in a town called West Point. It's my understanding that BORR is re-arranging classes this year. Does anyone know of the changes? It would be nice if they would adopt the ISA rulebook and classes.

fabd4baja

Jul 25, 2011
I'm located about 20 mins north of SLC, in a town called West Point. It's my understanding that BORR is re-arranging classes this year. Does anyone know of the changes? It would be nice if they would adopt the ISA rulebook and classes.
Doug said on the borr site a few weeks ago, that they'd have the new rules up in a few weeks.. So any time I'd guess..

cfyca

Jun 7, 2011
I am a noob to the whole SxS scene as well, so I don't really know too much about the BOR classes.. Unfortunately. I just know I was out at the Jericho race this year doing the dirtbike thing (in the processing of making the switch from DB's to SxS's) and the utvs out there looked fun as hell!

You are more than welcome to come check out our ride. We are building it at the shop in West Jordan, so not as close but still not far by any means. Right now it doesn't look like much, it is pretty torn apart. We should have the engine mounted and the majority of the rear extension completed this weekend. Once I get to that point I plan on creating another post with progress pictures so everyone can see the thing progress. I am hoping it motivates people to build more DSR1 cars so we can establish a bonafide class in the BOR circuit rather than having to run Sportsman!

fabd4baja

Jul 25, 2011
I am a noob to the whole SxS scene as well, so I don't really know too much about the BOR classes.. Unfortunately. I just know I was out at the Jericho race this year doing the dirtbike thing (in the processing of making the switch from DB's to SxS's) and the utvs out there looked fun as hell!

You are more than welcome to come check out our ride. We are building it at the shop in West Jordan, so not as close but still not far by any means. Right now it doesn't look like much, it is pretty torn apart. We should have the engine mounted and the majority of the rear extension completed this weekend. Once I get to that point I plan on creating another post with progress pictures so everyone can see the thing progress. I am hoping it motivates people to build more DSR1 cars so we can establish a bonafide class in the BOR circuit rather than having to run Sportsman!
Pm me your contact info.. Maybe if your around this weekend? I can swing by..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000