New guy needs advice/opinions

Nuckfan

Jul 8, 2016
Hi everyone. I'm in the process of shopping around to purchase a Sxs. I want to get a 50" wide machine. I have been looking for a while now and there are very few used. I have researched quite a bit on the rzr 570 and 900 for new and used, also I am quite interested in the Arctic Cat Trail. It's definitely more affordable than the Polaris. One thing I can't seem to reassure myself with is the reliability of the Arctic Cat. A co-worker of mine says to stay far away from them. He's been riding Polaris since the start and I'm wondering if he's just a fanboy and not giving me an honest informed opinion, which is what I would seriously appreciate. Please help? I really want to go riding soon. VROOOOOOM!

Last edited:

RWTDCT

Its an RZR Thing - La Familia
Jun 13, 2013
Central Coast, Ca. (Paso)
Welcome from the central coast of California

When it comes to SXS's, I have only owned Polaris.

You are going to have pro's and cons with what ever you buy. It's to bad you cant go out and test drive them all to have a better understanding on how each perform. You might know exactly what you want right now. That could change as soon as you get into the SXS world.

Jump into to your computer start doing your research on different SXS's, talk to people that have them, then decide what you can afford.

Good luck.

Nuckfan

Jul 8, 2016
Welcome from the central coast of California

When it comes to SXS's, I have only owned Polaris.

You are going to have pro's and cons with what ever you buy. It's to bad you cant go out and test drive them all to have a better understanding on how each perform. You might know exactly what you want right now. That could change as soon as you get into the SXS world.

Jump into to your computer start doing your research on different SXS's, talk to people that have them, then decide what you can afford.

Good luck.
Thank you, I think i have seen at least 200 youtube vids now on each of the SXS's which only makes me want one more than ever. im driving the wife insane, i am so focused maybe to the point of ocd. i know the older rzr's had some issues which is understandable, considering the abuse that people throw at them. Up here in Canada..at least where im at, the difference in price from an Arctic Cat trail and Rzr 900 50"is quite substantial. Cant really compare the trail version to the RZR 900 trail but from what ive read and watched the Cat trail is more of a machine than the 570 trail, looks cooler has a good clutch and shocks and is a bit cheaper too. i cant find much on people who have any issues with them. maybe because there is a lot less of them so less people to complain about it.

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
Couple reasons for the 50". Fits in the back of the pickup and gets into the tighter trails. That machine is a good deal and very nice but also about 1500 miles away. Too bad
Well the 1500 mi I understand. As for the pickup, I have a 2000 GMC K3500 Standard cab/bed and that's how I got this thing home. Fit fine in one of those. GL I hope you find an awesome deal!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000