New ISDRA Season Passes

GGJPGUY

Mar 31, 2012
Yuma,AZ
I have seen mulitiple sources that say that this years season pass is going up to $150.00. That part I get. Gotta pay for law enforcement, EMTs, etc.etc.etc.
The part I am having a hard time getting my head wrapped around it the duration of the new season passes. October 1-2013 to April 15-2015. Can someone please explain this to me. I have tried on multiple occasions to contact the El Centro field office with zero response.
I still go riding in the early mornings and late evenings at Gordons up unitl the middle of June sometimes. I am having a sneaking suspicion that they will try and pull some "you have to purchase a week pass during the summer months" BS. REALLY !!!!!! You jack the crap out of the price on a season pass then shorten the season.:mad::mad::mad: This bureaucratic, money grabbing, tirany has got to stop sometime. I am goin to try and contact them again tomorrow, but im not goin to hold my breath as to successfully speaking to someone.

Bagman

Jan 4, 2011
Norco, CA
I'm taking it to mean after April the pass requirement will not be enforced.

They have minimal staffing due to lack of activity, enforcement of the passes is probably not an issue during the off season.

Have not seen anything about passes/pricing for after April.

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
I'm taking it to mean after April the pass requirement will not be enforced.

They have minimal staffing due to lack of activity, enforcement of the passes is probably not an issue during the off season.

Have not seen anything about passes/pricing for after April.
Well if that was the case why not just call it a year long pass. There gonna Screw us again you watch. I almost could care less if they just close the Dunes down anymore. I got my 25 years worth, so screw them.

Joeygo

UTVUnderground.com Approved
Aug 22, 2013
BLM>California>El Centro>Recreation>OHV>ISDRA>Site Map>Permits
Print Page
El Centro Field Office
Imperial Sand Dunes Recreation Area

Dunes Home / Permits / Laws & Safety / Take it Outside! / Plans & Documents / DAC Subgroup / Site Map

Fee & Permit Information 2013-2014

When do I need a permit?
Permits are required from October 1 through April 15 each year.

Who needs a permit?
One permit is needed per primary vehicle. A primary vehicle is any street legal vehicle used for transportation to the recreation site. A permit is required at all times while in the fee area. Please keep your permit until you exit the fee area.

How long do I have to purchase a permit?
The permit is required immediately upon arrival to the recreation area. When you purchase your permit before you arrive at the dunes, you save money.

Off-site

Season permit $150 - valid from October 1 through April 15 each year
Weekly permit $ 35 - valid for seven consecutive days.

On-site Season permit $150 - valid from October 1 through April 15 each year
Weekly permit $ 50 - valid for seven consecutive days.

BOGO $10 Off!

For each $35 weekly permit purchased online, purchase a second one (at the same time) for $25. The second permit may be purchased for any weekly time frame.

Off-site (outside Imperial Sand Dunes fee boundary.)
Over the phone: 1-800-832-7664
www.imperialsanddunes.net
Various vendors located throughout CA and AZ.
On-site (within Imperial Sand Dunes fee boundary.)
Ranger stations
Various dune-area vendors
New! **Season Permit is a Sticker**
The Season permit will be sold as a sticker to be permanently affixed to the windshield of a primary vehicle. Temporarily affixing this sticker (e.g. taping) is not an acceptable means of properly displaying the permit and may result in a citation. Individuals who use multiple primary vehicles may find it less costly to purchase weekly permits in multiples of two through the online BOGO $10 Off! promotion.

Recreation Fee Area
Covers the entire Imperial Sand Dunes Recreation Area and its 1 mile planning area boundary. This includes, but is not limited to, Buttercup, Gecko Rd, Glamis, Gordon's Well/Dunebuggy Flats, Mammoth Wash, Ogilby, Osborne, along both sides of the Coachella Canal and Ted Kipf Rd. See map.

Short-term Visitation Areas
Permits are not required for short-term visitation at Osborne Overlook, the Plank Road Cultural Resource Site, the Buttercup and Cahuilla Ranger Stations,* or the Watchable Wildlife Area.
*Short-term visitation areas are posted.

Can I upgrade my weekly permit(s) into a season permit?
No.

Can I still replace my permit if it is lost or stolen?
No. A non-commercial special recreation permit has a value. When a permit is carelessly lost, forgotten or misplaced the price of having to buy another one or receiving a citation becomes an unwanted expense. It is important (and the visitor's responsibility) to secure the permit inside the vehicle making sure it is properly displayed at the same time. Tip: keep vehicle windows rolled up and doors locked at all times.

Does my America the Beautiful (Golden Access/Age/Eagle passports) pass reduce the fees?
No. America the Beautiful passes only apply to "entry" and "use" fees. America the Beautiful program discounts do not apply to the "non commercial special recreation permit fees" which are charged in this off-highway vehicle area. Please see the back of your America the Beautiful pass for more details.

Please Remember...

Purchasing a permit does not give you the right to break the law. Under certain circumstances, a law enforcement officer may revoke your permit, evict parties temporarily or for the season, if warranted. To avoid such actions, adherence to all laws are vital to have a safe and successful weekend. If your permit has been revoked, you will not be refunded.

I think this answers your question

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
The way I read it is that permits are not required from April 16th to Sept 30th.
We all know how Effed up the Government is and I cannot Believe for one second that there not gonna do something really stupid to us from April 17th to sept 30th. So what there saying is the dunes are off limits or theres gonna be a freebie time. its gonna be one or the Other. So like I said before why would they not just leave the season dates alone. Why the Change up. Something Bad is coming along. The BLM can stick it up there ARSE. the new $150 fee is for what ????? I have seen no Capital improvements at all in the ISDRA. They need to scale back.

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
Now that I think about it they will want $300 for off season cause they need to pay extra Jack Booted Patrols in the Heat. LOL

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000