New Kawasaki Teryx KRX 1000

Matt Martelli - CEO

Mad Media
Staff member
Jun 17, 2013
madmedia.com
Got the first drive yesterday of the New Kawasaki Teryx KRX 1000. These guys thought of a lot of stuff. Rather than just putting out a base unit that the aftermarket would have to fix eveything they went ahead and integrated a lot of "evolved" features. Eveything from and integrated CVT temp sensor to more open wheel wells to allow for clearance with larger tires, to a roomy interior cab, and a pretty impressive crawl control feature that combines low range with a front diff lock and half power to the engine to make crawling virtually hassle free. Thoroughly impressed with this package. For the average consumer this is the perfect car. Full shakedown coming
teryx_krx_1000_UTVunderground.JPG teryx_krx_1000_UTVunderground_03.JPG

Matt Martelli - CEO

Mad Media
Staff member
Jun 17, 2013
madmedia.com
This is what the KRX looks like with full cagewrx and HCR package.

teryx_krx_1000_UTVunderground_04.JPG
The Dash has plenty of room for custom switches as well as a mini ipad for navigation + entertainment console.

teryx_krx_1000_UTVunderground_07.JPG

Matt Martelli - CEO

Mad Media
Staff member
Jun 17, 2013
madmedia.com
The only major flaw I saw was power. Honestly for the average guy the 112 horsepower is enough. But I have a sickness....need for speed.... off-road! K&T is already working on a add on aftermarket turbo kit to nearly double the horsepower!

teryx_krx_1000_UTVunderground_06.JPG

Matt Martelli - CEO

Mad Media
Staff member
Jun 17, 2013
madmedia.com
After a half day of riding on tight technical trails i have to say this is one of the most impressive out-of-the-box UTV's I have driven. I really like the wide stance. The car feel super stable. Really planted like a race car. I would make changes, but little things like a steering quickener, tires and wheels, cage, seats, harnesses, radio, more personal preferences than fixes.

teryx_krx_1000_UTVunderground_01.jpg teryx_krx_1000_UTVunderground_02.jpg

Reactions: SebastianUTVUG

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000