New law requiring helmets in california

mosslager

STEEEEEEEEKERZ - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 4, 2009
So heres my question... why is this only in California if it was in response to the CPSC. If thats the case would it not be across the board with all states? I mean the Yamaha lawsuits were nationwide as well.

calstyl2

Hammer Rescue Pilot
Dec 22, 2011
Cherry Valley, CA
Cause California likes to be the lead on things like this, CARB, EPA, Air Quality, yadda yadda yadda, California puts its hand in it and the other sheep states follow.
It will spread.:mad:

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
vote with your feet and move out. California Sucks and the Cities are all filing BK and its just getting worse.

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
Cause California likes to be the lead on things like this, CARB, EPA, Air Quality, yadda yadda yadda, California puts its hand in it and the other sheep states follow.
It will spread.:mad:
That pretty much sums it up perfectly.

Everyone complains what happens in California and what a horrible state it is, but fail to realize the great states they claim to live in will follow suit.

Is this law hastely written - absolutely.

calstyl2

Hammer Rescue Pilot
Dec 22, 2011
Cherry Valley, CA
vote with your feet and move out. California Sucks and the Cities are all filing BK and its just getting worse.
You will never outvote the sheeple................Sorry but its the truth, I worked for the State for 15 years, have lived all over the state and worked in most of it. 50%+1 is all they need, almost 40 years of leadership by a select few have led this state to its current path. I live here cause I can afford it, the weather is unmatched and my wife says so:cool: But I am not gonna support the way it is run or headed, Voting does not matter anymore as one side is now entirely negated, not that they were really on our side.

granny

OG Ninjet
Sep 23, 2009
Johnson Valley, Ca.
Remember you have to Pass it to find out what is in it! :mad::mad::mad: GD Dumocrats! Didn't realize so many where dying from head trauma? But the Nanny State has to take care of us! :mad::mad::mad:
For your information Papa This law was thunk up and introduced by a GD Republican Paul Cook representative for our district which includes Johnson Valley where I live!:mad:

RhinoRyder

May 27, 2009
All you have to do is read this thread and it explains how this crap happens..........divide and conquer!

Governments know this and it works everytime, they pass a few laws that divide the community and its smooth sailing. The new law only affects half the people who enjoy going offroad with their families and already the rest are saying I don't care it doesn't affect me "I already ride with a helmet" or " I don't have kids " so no big deal it could be worse.

The other common method to manipulate the public is to make them feel like they were spared and that it could have been much worse. Remember if it wasn't for this "compromise" SXS's would no longer exist. Give me a break. what a load of crap.
This same scenario plays out everyday as they continue to use race, religion and even income status to pit us against one another.

I for one will not comply and more than likely will stop going to CA. Hell my Rhino isn't even registered or titled in Nevada and Ive owned it since new in '07. Up until this month it wasn't even a requirement here and Yes they silently passed that law too...........
It's time we unite and stand together so we can tell the government to stop protecting us from ourselves.

I apologize for the rant but I'm going to go lock myself in the house, put my helmet on and go back to eating apple fries from Mcdonalds.

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
I just FEEELL LiKE typing in OVERSIZED CAPITOLIZED COLOREDfONt.

I feel better now, carry on.

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
New law in my house. Helmets all day everyday. It's doesn't really make any sense but not many laws do.

FabMan

Jan 9, 2010
Leslie, Mo.
The 1 thing I see as total BS is the " pasenger feet must be on floorboard" rule. There will be many adults not only children that would not be compliant with that law. We can drive our kids and grand kids around in an automobile in a car seat with a lap belt and 1 shoulder strap at 70 miles per hour down a crowded interstate with their feet 2 feet off the floor and all is well, WHATEVER!

These legislatures not only don't have a f'n clue about anything offroad but most don't even read any of the bills before they vote on them anyway. It's nothing but Billy Bob scratching Jimmy Joes back to vote on his bill and vice-versa, the what's in it for me? mentality. We send the stupid and criminal to office because they can smile and tell a great BS story and 95% of the f'n idiots in this country believe their BS & vote for them. It's in every state, not just Cali. We can still have guns in this country because of the big voice of the NRA, not such a voice for us. Until we do, they will push us around like red headed step children. Why? because they can, PERIOD! :mad:

mtoma

Apr 30, 2010
Jackson, CA
This is unreal. Looks like my family trips will not be to the California deserts and possibly not in a UTV at all.

Hey Rusty, lets just plan our trip to Moab, Coral Pink, etc now! F-This place!

Whose ass can we kick, whose face can we scream in?
Let's start with the dip shit that sponsored it and I've already sent an email to Kawasaki for their support of it.

We need to keep the pressure on guys because this is the way the other side gets things done and the way they play the game that as of right now we're losing.

Sent from a pay phone using Tapatalk HD

lngwca

Jan 31, 2012
Everyone of the MFs is UNION Backed and elected Dumocrats! They will ruin this state in the next, oh ya they already have! :mad::mad::mad: Sounds like Polaris will have to come up with 1002CC for Kalifornia! ;):cool: Please VOTE and SUPPORT THOSE who will SUPPORT US!

Believe the 1000cc was just a limit. Anything over that will be considered sand rail... scrwed either way

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
I think everyone is missing the point. Jon Crowley has clearly stated multiple times, all the big manufactures are part of this. Jeff Knoll stated that this move was likely made to protect the UTV from being outlawed. Do I agree with everything no, will I follow every law on this bill no, do I follow every law now "NO". I will wear a helmet, I will change my registration to special construction. If I get pulled over by a ranger for having my kids strapped into race seats with helmets on, in my safely constructed 4 seat rhino. I will fight the ticket.

On the bright side Lake Havasu allows me to register my UTV on the street. I can drive without a helmet, I can drive down the road to the trails. Ride AZ!!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000