New law requiring helmets in california

az_amsoil

Amsoil Arizona - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 22, 2009
Az just passed a law yesterday that kids under 4ft9 need to be in car seats IN A CAR unless they are over 8 or 9 years old i forget the age.
Kids 5-7, who are under 4'11" must be in a booster seat...

Slacker

La Familia
Apr 1, 2012
Bakersfield
The underlying and somewhat off topic problem here is that we have Lawmakers. We have people who's job it is to make laws. There will be no end to the law making because those people would need to admit that there are enough laws, their mission is accomplished, and it's time to go home. That, is the problem.

Last edited:

EFAJEEP

Jul 21, 2010
So I just recently joined the forum and have loved all the information but this new law is going to destroy the dunes for my family. I have a rhino with an aftermarket cage and more important I have a 7 year old son with downs syndrome you absolutly loves the dune trips we make. I was just going to bite the bullit and by a new 4 seater but his feet won't touch the ground. I think this is one of the times my son Tanner feels normal he see's all the other kids in the back of the sand cars and utvs and he is no different. The kid will ride 24 hours a day I can't keep up with him it has gotten to the point he will take his nap strapped in so he doesn't miss anyting. We do live in AZ please let me know what I can do to help.
I contacted ADA and spoke to a guy there. He said to download and fill out a type 2 complaint form,

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
It wasnt bad enough to have them pass this bill but now BLM is considering to remove 9.3 million acres of land for a new Mojave reserve from the Victor Valley area at the same time 29 Palms Marine base wants to take over the Johnson Valley OHV area for a new live fire training ground.
The environuts have been complaining for years how we are destroying the enviroment, what do you think 150 ton tanks and 105mm howitzer cannons are going to do to the land? Go figure. DAC has a scheduled meeting in Lucerne Valley today @ 8 am to discuss the Victor Valley closures, we need bodies to show up and oppose the closure. Thanks

Just because it is a weekend and the offices are closed is not reason to not call. You might not be able to speak to someone, but we can fill their voice mails!

How great would it be to have them come back to work on Monday and have full vioce mails with people rejecting AB 1595.

Today I plan on spending an hour calling and leaving messages. Later today I will be looking up other Senators and Assemblymen offices and telling them that we need them to support the amended vote to help pass this back through legislation.

We are the UTV Tea Party!
Live Free or Die!

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
The underlying and somewhat off topic problem here is that we have Lawmakers. We have people who's job it is to make laws. There will be no end to the law making because those people would need to admit that there are enough laws, their mission is accomplished, and it's time to go home. That, is the is the problem.
Thats Exactly the problem they need to Feel like they are doing something and a reason for having the Office. Total Joke anymore they sit around dreaming up new ridiculous laws. Like that Loser Bloomberg banning Large Soft drinks, I afraid to even think what these Freaks will do next.:eek:

Desertcat

Jun 1, 2012
Arizona
Wow this law is really making me mad. Talk about taking offroading away from our families.

Sorry for the dumb question. Who do I call and what ass should I kick on Monday??

Jeepinbeav

Leave It To Beaver - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 22, 2009
Goodyear Az
Thats Exactly the problem they need to Feel like they are doing something and a reason for having the Office. Total Joke anymore they sit around dreaming up new ridiculous laws. Like that Loser Bloomberg banning Large Soft drinks, I afraid to even think what these Freaks will do next.:eek:
Bloomberg is now going after mothers and breastfeeding

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
Wow this law is really making me mad. Talk about taking offroading away from our families.

Sorry for the dumb question. Who do I call and what ass should I kick on Monday??
Take 30 minutes and make a few calls a day. Call each of the phone #'s for each politicians. Then when done start over. Also just because their offices are closed on weekends, does not mean you cant fill their voice mails with your opinions. Let them know this is how their Mondays are going to start!

FIND YOU STATE REPRESENTATIVES
http://192.234.213.69/amapsearch/

Paul Cook Assemblymen & author of the bill
(Let them know if this is not fixed you will support Gregg Imus for Congress!)
909-790-4196 main office
916-319-2065 Capitol office

V Manuel Perez 80th district Assemblymen (Imperial Valley & Glamis)
760-336-8912 El Centro office (They need more calls!)
916-319-2080 Capitol office (They need more calls!)

Brian Jones 77th district Assemblymen (San Diego County including Anza Borrego & Cleveland National Forest) (Off-Roader himself)
619-441-2322 Santee office
916-319-2077 Capitol office

Juan Vargas District 40 Senator (Cleveland National forest, Anza Borrego & Glamis)
619-409-7690 Chula Vista Office
760-335-3442 El Centro office
916-651-4040 Capitol office

Tim Donnelly District 36 Assemblymen (Hemet, Lucerne valley) OHV Supporter
760-244-5277 Hesperia office
916-319-2059 Capitol Office

Joel Anderson District 36 Senator (El Cajon, Temecula, Cleveland National Forest) OHV Supporter
619-596-3136 El Cajon office

Congressmen Bob Filner 51st district (San Diego, El Centro, Superstition, Glamis, Salton Sea)
(619) 422-5963 San Diego office
(760) 355-8800 Imperial Valley office
(202) 225-8045 Capitol

Assemblymen Connie Conway (San Bernardino)
(559) 636-3440 Main office (Needs more calls)
(916) 319-2034 Capitol office

Senator Bill Emerson (District 37 Riverside County)
(760) 568-0408 Palm Desert office (Needs more calls)
(916) 651-4037 Capitol office
(Needs more calls)

Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Open 10:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m Eastern Time
800-514-0301 (Long automated message, Dial 7 for assistance)
Or (202) 307-0663

Desertcat

Jun 1, 2012
Arizona
This law is out of conrtol. I feel so strongly because I am a parent with two children that ownedd a converted 4 seat UTV. Just sold it and I am in the market for a 4 seater, but this new law may just push me out of the market. Feet flat on the floor. Did the manufactures read this out loud before they said ok. Go to the sand dunes, riding parks, camping. This sport is wraped around family fun "KIDS" and if this stands then they will loose a lot of familys

So if I read this all correctly the law will state

Helmets for all ages required
I feel if any helmet law is required it should be for 18 years and under.

No aftermarket multi seating.
I feel the converted 4 seaters should be grandfathered in.

Seated firmly into the seat with seat belts and your feet flat on the floor.
Seat belts are a must and should be law. Feet flat on the floor is a poor way to treat your customers. My children can sit in a car or truck in a car seat and their feet don't sit flat on the floor so why is a ROV different????

Desertcat

Jun 1, 2012
Arizona
So I just recently joined the forum and have loved all the information but this new law is going to destroy the dunes for my family. I have a rhino with an aftermarket cage and more important I have a 7 year old son with downs syndrome you absolutly loves the dune trips we make. I was just going to bite the bullit and by a new 4 seater but his feet won't touch the ground. I think this is one of the times my son Tanner feels normal he see's all the other kids in the back of the sand cars and utvs and he is no different. The kid will ride 24 hours a day I can't keep up with him it has gotten to the point he will take his nap strapped in so he doesn't miss anyting. We do live in AZ please let me know what I can do to help.
I live in AZ also. My children and I really enjoy our dune trips. This law will really set us back because I have a 4 and 6 year old. I am looking to buy a factory 4 seater but it sounds like they don't want to market to us anymore.

joes5091

Jan 20, 2010
I love to Dune Ride But, I think California should break off and sink in to the Ocean with its Law Makers

Jeepinbeav

Jan 22, 2009
Goodyear Az
I live in AZ also. My children and I really enjoy our dune trips. This law will really set us back because I have a 4 and 6 year old. I am looking to buy a factory 4 seater but it sounds like they don't want to market to us anymore.
Some of the guys have posted up they have come up with ways of a new sub floor in the t4 so kids can fit but at that age idk. I would wait and see what happens in the next couple weeks on the feet and floor issue cuz of how cali has discriminated against amputees and people with dwarfism they have opened themselves up to lawsuits. The best thing to do liek everybody has been is to call all the reps and tell them how you now cant go to cali with your family and enjoy your sxs and spend your money in there state and mention how you have taken this away from your family now

Jeepinbeav

Jan 22, 2009
Goodyear Az
Dave you need to get on the phone and let the reps know your situation with tanner how he doesnt fit, but most importantly how he feels when he is riding.

RhinoRyder

May 27, 2009
Like all politicians Bloombergs deceitful and two-faced, he goes and bans large soft drinks but then he has no problem presiding over the Nathans's Hot Dog Eating Contest where everyone tries to shove 60,000 calories of floor scraps down their throat in 60 seconds. WTF.
He also takes the Colorado tragedy and tries to immediately turn it into a politcal debate over gun control and party agendas. Just another snake in the grass that needs to be stopped. He has a personal agenda since he started the national gun control coalition and recently during a CNN interview went as far as saying the nations police should all go on strike until we ban guns.

He just gave me another reason why I should be out at the gunshow today buying a few more.

I've made my calls and sent my e-mails to stop this BILL, how about you? Lets stop their BullSh*t.

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
Its almost Monday! Get those dialing fingers ready!

FIND YOU STATE REPRESENTATIVES
Find Your State Representatives

Paul Cook Assemblymen & author of the bill (Let them know if this is not fixed you will support Gregg Imus for Congress!)
909-790-4196 main office
916-319-2065 Capitol office

V Manuel Perez 80th district Assemblymen (Imperial Valley & Glamis)
760-336-8912 El Centro office (They need more calls!)
916-319-2080 Capitol office (They need more calls!)
Brian Jones 77th district Assemblymen (San Diego County including Anza Borrego & Cleveland National Forest) (Off-Roader himself)
619-441-2322 Santee office
916-319-2077 Capitol office

Juan Vargas District 40 Senator (Cleveland National forest, Anza Borrego & Glamis)
619-409-7690 Chula Vista Office
760-335-3442 El Centro office
916-651-4040 Capitol office

Tim Donnelly District 36 Assemblymen (Hemet, Lucerne valley) OHV Supporter
760-244-5277 Hesperia office
916-319-2059 Capitol Office

Joel Anderson District 36 Senator (El Cajon, Temecula, Cleveland National Forest) OHV Supporter
619-596-3136 El Cajon office

Congressmen Bob Filner 51st district (San Diego, El Centro, Superstition, Glamis, Salton Sea)
(619) 422-5963 San Diego office
(760) 355-8800 Imperial Valley office
(202) 225-8045 Capitol

Assemblymen Connie Conway (San Bernardino)
(559) 636-3440 Main office (Needs more calls)
(916) 319-2034 Capitol office

Senator Bill Emerson (District 37 Riverside County)
(760) 568-0408 Palm Desert office (Needs more calls)
(916) 651-4037 Capitol office (Needs more calls)

Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Open 10:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m Eastern Time
800-514-0301 (Long automated message, Dial 7 for assistance)
Or (202) 307-0663

National Headquarters Little People of America, Inc.
Toll-free: (888) LPA-2001
Direct: (714) 368-3689

Slacker

La Familia
Apr 1, 2012
Bakersfield
That's a great idea, and it sounds like the guy at least pretended to be interested in why you guys were there. I do however have to disagree with the 5 point harness exception. I'm with you, no helmet requirement at all ever. It just isn't governments place. I will fab up a handlebar if necessary to replace the steering wheel when needed, they can pound sand on that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000