NEW Polaris Defense DAGOR Ultra Light Combat Vehicle (CHECK THIS OUT)

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com

This thing is insane! The suspension is said to be trophy-truck inspired, 3.0 FOX shocks, 15" Walker Evans Racing beadlocks and what look to be 33" BFG Mudd-Terrain's. Its big and heavy weighing it at 4500lbs and has a payload of 3250lbs and can carry 9 armed soldiers.

Am I the only one that wants to build one into a toy???

See more here: NEW Polaris DAGOR! » UTVUNDERGROUND

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009

This thing is insane! The suspension is said to be trophy-truck inspired, 3.0 FOX shocks, 15" Walker Evans Racing beadlocks and what look to be 33" BFG Mudd-Terrain's. Its big and heavy weighing it at 4500lbs and has a payload of 3250lbs and can carry 9 armed soldiers.

Am I the only one that wants to build one into a toy???

See more here: NEW Polaris DAGOR! » UTVUNDERGROUND
I love it. I wonder if any of the suspension parts will work on an XP1000. Those lower arms are huge, front steer spindles and huge spindles.

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
I wonder who Polaris contracted to help make this with them? I know Polaris has their own military division, but most times these divisions contract much of it out. I know Glenn Harris (Former off road racer) His company Cal Gold Prod. has done Military contract work building stuff for the Humvee's, he did contract work with Oshkosh for their Military div, and even entered an Oshkosh in the Baja 1000 back in 2010 as part of an R&D / Promotion for Oshkosh. The body looks Humvee inspired and like something Glenn would have had a hand in, plus some of the suspension design too.

Several items I see under this new Dagor is not Polaris. Like the solid rear axle. The front a-arm pivot points are very close together, compared to the new 1K. I'm guessing they are using something besides a Polaris engine. Maybe the Ecotec? They are using the Ecotec in the Slingshot. A Polaris engine is not pushing 9K lbs around and either is a CVT, so I would assume there is another manufacture trans in it also. And looking at past history with Polaris in the private & Defense contract work, they have never offered or designed a cage system like this. So I would assume this too was designed outside of the Polaris Defense Div.

Very cool though, and would like to see one up close. I assume they will have one at Camp RZR like they did with the other Defense vehicles?

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
Says its diesel powered in the right up.
I missed that. I wonder if Polaris has any development support from Chevy, thus the Ecotec in the Slingshot? Chevy is or was developing a 3 cylinder Ecotec Diesel that would probably be killer in an application like this. I thought I read the Ecotec Diesel was going to make its debut in a few GM U.S hybrids models late 2015, early 16.

dezerteryx

Jun 13, 2010
san marcos
I missed that. I wonder if Polaris has any development support from Chevy, thus the Ecotec in the Slingshot? Chevy is or was developing a 3 cylinder Ecotec Diesel that would probably be killer in an application like this. I thought I read the Ecotec Diesel was going to make its debut in a few GM U.S hybrids models late 2015, early 16.
They already have a diesel in the cruze. Would be a cool option.

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
Read on Fox News that the Polaris DAGOR was developed in partnership with Roush Industries.

A Polaris spokesperson told FoxNews.com that the DAGOR is already in production, and the first units are scheduled for delivery this fall.

According to the Wall Street Journal, the price is $149,000 per truck, and has also been sold to a military force in the Asia-Pacific region.

The DAGOR will make its public debut at the 2014 Association of the United States Army Annual Meeting, in Washington, D.C on October 13th.

Check out these other vehicles that are under contract and being tested out.

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
My guess is that it will burn JP8, which is de rigueur for military vehicles.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000