New Polaris S Velocity

dezertBandito

Sep 16, 2013
I'm kinda surprised to see no thread about it, whats everyone's thoughts? Personally I really like the Idea, a cheaper version and it scrapped some of the stuff I would have tore off anyways. I am kinda bummed to see the 7 inch ride command screen with GPS go away but that;s okay. And kinda bummed they ditched the sparco wheel, so far my experience with the velocity shocks has been good on my father-in-laws car.

Reactions: CreativeShift

Team Green

Reid Nordin - UTVUnderground Approved
Jun 30, 2009
Riverside, CA
www.WalkerEvansEnt.com
This new platform just won the King of the Hammers so first race, first place! The shocks were production Velocities with Eibach springs and cross overs with valving slightly tuned for Mitch Guthrie JR. These same shocks were also used by Sara Price on her Turbo S, Mitch Guthrie SR (Turbo S Velocity) and Ronnie Anderson (Turbo S). The only changes made to almost all of these entries were, Factory UTV skids, KOH legal bumpers (with Winches) and high clearance a-arms and radius rods.

Reactions: Simi Dude

Simi Dude

La Familia For Life !!
Feb 25, 2010
Simi Valley Ca.
Reid,
How would you compare the Velocity shocks ride quality vs. the Fox Turbo S shocks in the SPORT mode ?
Are the Velocity shocks internal bypass design ?
Please educate us a little on these shocks.

Thanks

Team Green

Reid Nordin - UTVUnderground Approved
Jun 30, 2009
Riverside, CA
www.WalkerEvansEnt.com
The Velocity is an all aluminum drop down piggy back shock. Drop down PB means the PB is positioned on the body in such a position that is allows for an additional zone of dampening control. Once the piston passes the Bridge (where the PB mounts) it enters a bump zone that is fully controlled by the oil flow in the piston. At this point it also is beginning to enter the zone where the needles begins to shut down bleed. This allows for a basically a silent bump zone with zero moving parts. So, yes it is a by pass shock however it does it in a different manner than a twin tube design. The all Aluminum construction allows for light weight and exceptional heat dissipation.

The new Velocity Turbo S has a true 3" rear shock and a 2.5" front shock. This is the newest variation of the Velocity Series shock that has won the last two KOH events, nearly every WORCS race and countless Baja and BITD victories.

All Walker Evans Racing shocks are 100% American made in our Riverside facility where we build nearly every part in house.

I hope this helps.

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
I like this new model. A good price point for a 72” wide model. Shock package is a great choice.

They will sell a ton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000