New Rumors swirl...

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
I have been getting all sorts of rumors thrown at me lately and while most of you who have been here for some length of time know, I am never one to post rumors, and certainly NEVER have posted information that wasn't factual to my best knowledge. I always go back to a couple of years ago, prior to the Polaris 1000 release and some guy on RZR Forums who is a "moderator" posting how he had all this inside knowledge of engine sizes and transmissions and yada yada.. all the while we were already building the new machines for XP1K. It bugged me but I couldn't say anything to anyone. Passing off rumor as FACT annoys the shit out of me today.

So to be clear, I am not claiming this rumor to be fact, this is purely for the fun of conversation.

So a guy who to my knowledge has never even driven a UTV, but is into off-road tells me that Robby Gordon is now working with Arctic Cat, developing a Z1 powered Wildcat of sorts with King Shocks, maybe Toyo Tires, etc.. I chuckled a bit, that would be cool, would be surprising to see another OEM working with him after the Polaris fall-out, but nevertheless very interesting and a fun idea to entertain.

Then I hear, from another source not to be named, who owns a RZR and also happens to be in the off-road industry that Kawasaki has a 4-linked "Teryx" being designed. He didn't say what engine package he thought it had in it..

Of course I have been hearing the Honda rumors, like the Yamaha rumors for YEARS now, but these 2 interested me and were fun to think about and entertain. Curious what your guys thoughts are..

Reactions: XMICKEYX

Ignore Amos

Jan 14, 2011
Tucson, AZ
What... you left out the KTM rumors....dohhh...Its an exciting time for UTV's,,, shifter transmissions are close (fact) turbos are here and now the aftermarket is having a field day..first unleashing the HP and also building suspensions to handle that new performance. Good timing.. hope Yamaha and Honda along with Arctic Cat are all for real and everything we hoped for.. we know Polaris and Can Am will continue to push the envelope.

///Airdam Clutches

Nov 14, 2014
i seen a teaser pix on one of the arctic cat insider pages that had a picture of a Z1 turbo motor and said "2016 wildcat 264hp"

i also know that kawie has been working on their sxs program and has worked their engine over, with an insider telling me upwards of 160hp.

its pretty clear that the yamaha is a triple, and one would suspect by how it looks in the teaser vids, its gonna be a fairly strong one. in the latest teaser vid when the film crew was up on the top of a plateau and the car was running across the desert floor, i turned the volume way up and listened, it sounds like 9000-10,000RPM and the car appears in the video to be doing every bit of 90mph. it appears to be quick. all you can see is a dust cloud though, but that dust cloud is flying!! i have no insider info on the yamaha. my insider at arctic cat got moved to the sled line so i dont get to hear much from the SxS or engine dept anymore.

Reactions: Ignore Amos

Sport10

Feb 14, 2015
Now R.G. is going to start building these things! Got to agree with Goodtimes, they are coming!

Kalop

XP900
May 3, 2013
I like AC but they've NEVER been leader in HP. History is best indicator of future... I just don't see it.

But Joey .... or some "insider" tell me this ...

Is this Yamaha new SxS pictured? Or some type of video / image manipulation?

If this is truely glimpse of new Yamaha ... then this looks like it HAS to be front engine design. Wouldn't that be interesting.

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
I like AC but they've NEVER been leader in HP. History is best indicator of future... I just don't see it.

If this is truely glimpse of new Yamaha ... then this looks like it HAS to be front engine design. Wouldn't that be interesting.

Dude thats the Border patrol chasing illegal immigrant drug runners. looks like a FJ

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
Ok so heres a rumor I hear out this way, Honda 3 speed tranny with torque converter. and a Big time Race Builder spec Suspension build. Hmmmm who knows but sounds like fun. There is a big piece of pie out there and guess what we all have our favorite Colors like Gangstas. I know everyone had there favorite dirt bike or factory team they love and they will probably look at that companies product for sure when purchasing a sxs. Just my Guess.

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az

Dude thats the Border Patrol chasing Illegal immigrant drug runners on infrared Fleer system. looks like a toyota FJ

Kalop

XP900
May 3, 2013
Ok... another question about rumors...

Why does ever Tom D!ick and Harry on these forums (not THIS forum... just forums in general) claim to have insider information when 99.9% of them don't know jack chit !!!!

Does it make them feel all warm and fuzzy and get some tingles inside their loins when post this BS ??

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
I heard Polaris is dropping RZAPTOR at Camp RZR this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
[QUOTE="JoeyD23, post: 180613, So a guy who to my knowledge has never even driven a UTV, but is into off-road tells me that Robby Gordon is now working with Arctic Cat, developing a Z1 powered Wildcat of sorts with King Shocks, maybe Toyo Tires, etc.. I chuckled a bit, that would be cool. [/QUOTE]

MINNEAPOLIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Arctic Cat Inc. (NASDAQ:ACAT) announced today that it has entered into an exclusive, five-year product development and marketing agreement with famed racer Robby Gordon and his newly formed SPEED RMG Partners LLC with Todd Romano, an aftermarket futurist.

“Our partnership aims to set new standards for product innovation and excitement in the off-road vehicle industry,” said Arctic Cat President and Chief Executive Officer Christopher Metz. “We see significant opportunities to re-imagine what’s possible and create dynamic, end-user focused new products and accessories, in line with our stated strategic growth initiatives. We believe this effort will further enhance our competitiveness and brand position. We will announce further details about this exciting collaboration at our wheeled dealer show later this month. Stay tuned.”

The agreement reflects Arctic Cat’s commitment to the high-performance off-road vehicle market, and its Wildcat side-by-sides and accessories. Gordon and Romano will provide research and development consulting on new technologies.

“We sought a partnership with a company that shared our passion for creating new markets with untapped potential,” said Gordon. “Arctic Cat’s vision complements our ideas. We are excited about what we can achieve together.”

Gordon is a recognized pioneer in racing and off-road vehicle design, with 30 years of experience designing and developing state-of-the-art machines. He has proven to be among the most competitive racers at NASCAR, IndyCar, TransAm, International Motor Sports Association (IMSA), International Race of Champions (IROC) and the Dakar Rally. Gordon has won seven international off-road class championships, two stadium series and three Baja 500s. He also created the enormously successful Stadium Super Truck (SST) series.

Romano is the founder of DragonFire Racing and Finish Line Marketing. DragonFire Racing pioneered the development of performance accessories for the UTV/SXS industry and has become an industry Icon. The attention that DragonFire Racing brought to the industry quickly attained international recognition and led to its acquisition. Finish Line Marketing is a recognized leader in the power sports space as an innovative creator of marketing programs that raise consumer awareness and retail demand.

Arctic Cat, in collaboration with Gordon and Romano’s Speed RMG Partners, plans to create the most innovative technology and products the industry has seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000