new starter no fire

TLMAC

Dec 25, 2016
replaced starter in my 2012 xp 900. also pulled thermostat housing for hand room. purged air in system. turns over but no fire. plugs have fire. put small amount of fuel in TB's still no fire. Is there anything that I am missing or unplugged?
Does system need reset?
Please help

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
Need to check fuel pressure and if that's good injector pulse.

TLMAC

Dec 25, 2016
10-4 Hans, but it ran fine right before the starter change. I don't get it. The starter was just dragging a little.
Did not do anything with fuel but I did disconnect and reconnect the temp sensor. Disconnected the battery first, did not notice any shorting through out the entire process.
Seems like a simple R & R and not likely to miss something.
I was hoping there was a system reset or something like that. I wonder if the ECU was just waiting to be disconnected from the battery to maybe go out? I don't know enough about EFI.
Like I said the plugs have fire and shouldn't it still fire off for a moment after putting a little fuel in the throttle body if there was a just a fuel or injector problem? Can the plugs still fire but not enough to combust?
I hate the thought of taking it in.
Thanks a ton for the reply.

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
Try a little more fuel. Maybe check compression. Yes a simple repair should not cause an issue but Polaris does seem to have some wire harness issues and I believe some are with the injector harness. A simp!e noid light that fits the injector harness are cheap and any easy check injector pulse.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000