New tires

Rokitman

UTVUnderground La Familia
Mar 11, 2013
Nipomo, CA
With all the gnarly trails I have been doing lately I decided I have to get new tires. I made it through the Miller Jeep trail weekend with no problems on cheap Carlisle 4 ply tires while I was witnessing high dollar tires going flat (snicker). I had my heart set on getting Roctanes but after talking to Shannon about his Mongrels, I realized his argument made sense. He based his purchase on what the racing teams were using at King Of The Hammers. Good all terrain type tires without radical or knobby type tread patterns. I'm after rock protection and durability more than anything, so after careful research I bought Duro Frontier radial all terrain tires ( 26"-6 ply)and could not be more pleased. These tires are hard rubber so you need to scuff them in for maximum traction but I have tried to abuse them with no affect. They work great under all conditions including rock crawling equal to the Miller trail and I saved about a hundred bucks over a set of Roctanes. And I think these tires will work better than the Carlisles' on the Moab slick rock for next years ROTR.

Just something to think about my friends!

Rokitman

UTVUnderground La Familia
Mar 11, 2013
Nipomo, CA
Please keep us posted on how they perform and wear.
When I first tried them they felt really slippy on the hard pack I normally run, but after I got them scuffed in, the slippiness has gone away. I did a radical rock climb and they worked great, even having to pull my friend in his 800 up a steep loose rock climb when he broke both of his rear axles.
And being radials they provide a soft ride at 7 psi. Yea, I'm really impressed with them and got a good deal for them ($391 for 4) from Rocky Mtn ATV. 100+ miles so far and very little wear!
More later!

joes5091

Jan 20, 2010
Just put a set of Roctanes on my Prowler and
Like the tire but quality control dosent seem to good at STI one tire I think is square, But I know Discount tire will take care of it. Discount tire has great customer service!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000