New to the UTV world in N.W.Florida

rsedge72

May 15, 2016
Decided to step into the side by side market. I've had dirt bikes when I was young moved to atvs and now moving to utvs. So the electronics are a bit new to me. I have an 08' rzr 800. The gauge cluster is malfunctioning (when it's in park shows I'm in high, in neutral says I'm in low and so forth). Also the 4 wheel drive indicator doesn't always light up and 4 wheel drive doesn'tengage when indicator isn't lit. Any thought on what the issue might be would be appreciated..

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
4 wheel drive should just be a simple on off switch. In other words if you take your front diff and run one wire to hot and the other to ground you should hear it engage. I'd say bad switch or intermittent power source....Im not sure if power to gauge cluster and 4wd switch comes from the ecu?

rsedge72

May 15, 2016
Thx George... Front diff seems to engage fine.... I'm going to get a wiring diagram and track down all ground straps and check for good connections and go from there... Start with the easy cheap fix and go from there...

crazywatson

#13 - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 30, 2009
Redwood City
If the gauge doesn't work right it won't allow 4wd to engage. They run the switch through the gauge. There is a set of contacts on the transmission in a switch that tells the gauge what gear your in. I almost sure that switch setup on the transmission is the problem. If the 4wd light is not on in the gauge cluster then it's not in 4wd.
I would get the shift indicator working right. That would be the 1rst step.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

rsedge72

May 15, 2016
Thx crazy... I'm going to dig into that by next weekend. Or my next day off which ever comes 1st. Would like to have it right by Memorial Day weekend...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000