New to this, about to buy.

Danny V.

Nov 5, 2015
Glad to have a place to ask questions, can not always trust the salesmen!

Thinking of the Honda Pioneer 700, the back jump seat makes a huge amount of sense to me.

But first I need a trailer. Thinking an enclosed trailer would give me a handy place to store the machine all year. Looks like I need about 6 x 10, or 6 x 12. BUT: how do you tie it down inside the trailer, if there is only 3 inches on each side. And- is it possible to climb out the trailers side door, after pulling the UTV into the trailer?

And here is the kicker- where do I find a trailer with 78 or 79 inches inside height? Looks like ALL of them are 6 foot inside.

Or would the roll cage unbolt in 2 or 3 minutes? I'd still have to wiggle it in there.

Additional consideration, should I look for a double axle, or stick with a single axle? Either tow vehicle has excess capacity, no trouble there.

An open trailer means I would have to tarp it and park it in a (crowded) carport. Also, I can toss a canoe or kayak on top of an enclosed trailer. No need to weld up a canoe rack that would somehow fit over the UTV.

Thanks for your thoughts. Hope to see you on the trail in 2016!

-Dan

jajl22

Jun 5, 2015
I have no experience with the Honda line personally but i have heard good things about them. They are a reliable machine with a lot of features for the rancher/hunter type of rider.

As far as the trailer goes i think you will be ok with a single axle in that length and weight range of the Pioneer, If you try to load a ton of other stuff in it you might start pushing the limits a bit.

To find one with the height your looking for, you are more then likely going to have to look for a "car hauler" style that has a box that goes over the fenders. The inside wheel well boxes are almost all 6'.

I am not sure of the design of the Pioneer roll cage but i know on the old Rhino i took the roll bar on and off 2 times to get it in my toy hauler for a hunting trip and that was 2 times too many. It sounds great in theory but when you go to actually do it, it takes much longer then you think and is a pain in the butt.

Sorry i could not be of more help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000