NEW Yamaha Sport Side X Side?

BrArmor

Scranton Boys Racing OG
Oct 5, 2011
Lake Elsinore, Ca
www.imgms.com
So does anyone have any real info or good guesses to what Yamaha is planning for their next move? I saw pics of all the big media guys and editors in cowboy hats out in Texas driving some new Yamahas and my friend that went won't tell me anything... lol ;-)

I am thinking it might be some sort of sport UTV?

Maybe a single seat unit to compete with the Ace and work on OEM plans of getting rid of utility quads all together...?

Or could they finally be coming out with a sport model, which they have had plenty of time developing during the class act lawsuit...?

The reason I lean towards the sport model is... I see Cory Weller in the back of the guys in the pic from when they went to Texas. I would say they wanted her there for exposure but she was in the back of all the guys in the pic and why she would fly the next day after a big Lucas Oil Race to go drive a utility UTV? Maybe they want professional driver input and she is already a Yamaha backed girl/driver... which is also a cool combo... the Wellers have pretty much kep Yamaha in any UTV talk for the past 5 years.

What are your thoughts? Yamaha gonna debut a sport model this year?

crazywatson

#13 - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 30, 2009
Redwood City
Yeah but Cory Weller's hat looked allot better on her then yours did!!!
I'll be here waiting for the new Yamaha to come out hopefully it doesn't come with a set of horns on the hood. :D

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

dezertduner

Mar 11, 2014
If your hoping for a sport model your gonna be disappointed. Not gonna say more than that. I am a yamaha guy through and through but bought a rzr 1000 because i couldnt wait any longer. My prediction is 4,5,or 6 seat viking this year, 50inch next year single seat after that and then the sport model. Yamaha needs to grow some and put out sport model.

Ra3iAlbadayer

Nov 7, 2009
U.A.E. Sharjah
i think 4 seater, because the new Viking look the same size of last Yamaha Rhino 4 seater prototype, also after Kawasaki have Teryx4 and Honda Pioneer4 so it is the time to have 4 seater or 50 inch after Arctic Cat and Honda.

Yamaha follow the US market, usually look for Utility models, when i meet him here and ask him for sport models they said the market for utility in US and they doesn't care about other market, the sport SXS vehicle market is growing not just in US and UAE but also in Middle East and Europe.

i hope to see new sport SXS, new competitor to RZR XP 1000 & Wild Cat X1000 & Maverick 1000

98GP

Apr 25, 2012
i think 4 seater, because the new Viking look the same size of last Yamaha Rhino 4 seater prototype, also after Kawasaki have Teryx4 and Honda Pioneer4 so it is the time to have 4 seater or 50 inch after Arctic Cat and Honda.

Yamaha follow the US market, usually look for Utility models, when i meet him here and ask him for sport models they said the market for utility in US and they doesn't care about other market, the sport SXS vehicle market is growing not just in US and UAE but also in Middle East and Europe.

i hope to see new sport SXS, new competitor to RZR XP 1000 & Wild Cat X1000 & Maverick 1000
I bet a 6 seater. who else makes a 6'er other than John Deere, Polaris, or Kawasaki Mule. Really JD is a four, polaris is changing to a 5'er and Kawi's mule is so 10 years ago with drum brakes and all. That makert is wide open for a GOOD utility/recreational vehicle. Why else would Yamaha pass out cowboy hats? The new machine will be a good ranch hand with the capability to run down the occasional cattle rustler. With 6 seats, one could have 5 other people with 6 guns a-blazing after them cattle rustlers...Hold unto u'er hats boooooys!!

thekevin

Mar 23, 2013
I am thinking a 5 seat viking this time around and then a mid year release in December of a 50inch Rhino like rig with a 550 in it.

BrArmor

Scranton Boys Racing OG
Oct 5, 2011
Lake Elsinore, Ca
www.imgms.com
Say they do a surprise release and it is a sport model everyone was waiting for... that would catch all the other OEMs off and they wouldn't have anything to follow it for a year or 2. That means that Yamaha would go fishing with more fish available than if they wait until all OEMs release their new sport cars...

Oh yeah... I heard Kawi has something coming very soon and Can Am too... only time will tell, or a leaked picture haha!

thekevin

Mar 23, 2013
I thought canam already realeased their 2015 lineup with the sweet digital camo stuff.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

dezertduner

Mar 11, 2014
I have a pic of what i think its gonna look like and its from a very reliable source but dont wanna ruin the suprise for joeyd and utv underground. Plus i cant attach the image. But if joey says it ok , and i can get it posted i will.

mosslager

STEEEEEEEEKERZ - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 4, 2009
I'm thinking its the same Viking with a new engine...several folks in the media industry have posted Viking vids the last week...the Vikings not new...so I gotta think its the engine in it that will be new

mosslager

STEEEEEEEEKERZ - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 4, 2009
Wasnt there some talk a while back that Yamaha was working with Artic Cat and speculation was when Yamaha does do a sport SXS it will be a version of the Wildcat. Maybe the low sales numbers of the Wildcat has them staying out of the sport game.

thekevin

Mar 23, 2013
I like how they have the link to the release today on their website already and all that it shows so far is a flat green field. Maybe the new sxs will be able to drive over 3 rows of crops a time instead of 2.:D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000